Us London & Decca Distributed Labels

Pete S

Almost every day I see a new label that was distributed in the States at some time by London/Decca. They all have the distinctive two tone orange colours. I'm thinking about labels such as Tribe and the one below which is yet another new one on me. Things like the Hot Tamales record, at one point came out on a London distributed version of the Detroit label. If anyone spots any others can they post them here please?

ffeb_1.JPG

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 96
  • Views 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Don't think I've seen MOC, who's on it?

A handful of R&B records and a couple of cheap Northern tracks whose titles escape me at the minute....

Also some Country and Latin Boogaloo type tunes, seem to remember someone mentioning that the M in the label name stands for Memphis?

I'll get back to you when I remember.

Social source share

I think i have seen a blue london one as well with the same design.

That's right Pete. I have a discoey thing somewhere called Porcupine by Zone on the light/dark blue scheme. I also have seen 45s by Rolling Stones and (come on memory!) Larry Page Ork on a yellow and Green variation.

Social source share

Presumably there is a two tone Deram label as well as the usual brown/white one.

Yes, I have a few of these. I can post up scans after my daughter goes to bed tonight.

I'm pretty sure I have a US pressing of Eyes of Blue "Heart Trouble" on the orange swirl label.

Social source share

I know we already had Marlin but this is a good blue eued dancer

e5a5_1.JPG

Hi Pete

I don't know If this is of any help.

Just looking through my Hi DEMO's, the Earliest I have is 2075 Which is White & Black

Just a few Numbers on and the Orange Multi Shade Label Appears for the DEMO.

Might Just be that my copy of "20-75" is from a different pressing plant.

However, I was wondering If it was around this time that they Started the Trend of Orange DEMO's.

Hi_45-2075a_DJ.jpgHi_45-2079-Va_DJ.jpg

Which looking on >>> SoulfulKindaMusic <<< was 1964

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unbelievable thread! Brilliant. The level of knowledge is A.1.

I worked for 'em in the 70's but it's ridiculous how many of the distributed U.S. labels got lost.

I once had access to the U.S. London/Decca distributed library at Albert Embankment for about an hour. Naturally I concentrated on Northern and managed to bypass much of the above.......

And now it hurts LOL.........

Ian D

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Almost every day I see a new label that was distributed in the States at some time by London/Decca. They all have the distinctive two tone orange colours. I'm thinking about labels such as Tribe and the one below which is yet another new one on me. Things like the Hot Tamales record, at one point came out on a London distributed version of the Detroit label. If anyone spots any others can they post them here please?

ffeb_1.JPG

Bloody hell Pete, I see what you mean. I can also see what pikeys-dog meant about saving a fortune in costs.

Seems like they have a base label design then just print over that for any label under their control. Nice one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert