100 Club Sounds

Russ Vickers

All the clubs past & present have tunes that you associate with the venue.......what tunes are 100 Club records, i mean broke & played there...........some that have never really been played else where either.

Obviously all the Anniversary Singles, the unreleased RCA stuff which appears on the Kent CD's, but if you had to compile a definitive 100 Club CD what would make the final cut.......lets say 20 tunes ish.

Looking forward to this..........Ady, care to add your list ?????.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

• Replies 31
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Was played at the 100 Club, but was more of a Stafford record really Simon..........BTW missed you on Saturday, would love to have met you........if your not doing anything Friday mate, you'd be very welcome at the dooooooo in Portsmouth.

Russ

No way Russ... Clarkie got his first off Cozzer and played it every set for a good two years or more from 1983 onwards ..

cant make the Portsmouth doo Im off to Sweden this weekend to play some 70's and 80's newies :lol:

atb

Simon

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

No way Russ... Clarkie got his first off Cozzer and played it every set for a good two years or more from 1983 onwards ..

Im off to Sweden this weekend to play some 70's and 80's newies :lol:

atb

Simon

Cozzie brought it up to Stafford the day he got back from the U.S. and gave a copy to me, Ian wasn't there that week and didn't get a copy for a couple of weeks till Stuart caught up with him. Was then played simultanously at both venues to be fair.

Dave

Social source share

Cozzie brought it up to Stafford the day he got back from the U.S. and gave a copy to me, Ian wasn't there that week and didn't get a copy for a couple of weeks till Stuart caught up with him. Was then played simultanously at both venues to be fair.

Dave

Yes I would say that of quite a few tunes around that time Dave ,although Stafford had more newies modern and 60's

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Mello Souls - We can make it

Amongst others ...

Not particularly a 100 Club record. Played by Butch before he was 100 club resident if memory serves. Remember it from other places before 100 Club.

Rita & Tiaras cover up an Andy Dyson discovery :lol:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Not particularly a 100 Club record. Played by Butch before he was 100 club resident if memory serves. Remember it from other places before 100 Club.

Yeah neithers Steve Aldo, but that's where I heard it (out) first. :D

Rita & Tiaras cover up an Andy Dyson discovery :unsure:

So who's it by then? :lol:

Social source share

Guest Polyvelts

I'm sure they must have been played by other people at other venues before the 100 Club but 2 sounds that always take me straight back to heaven in the middle of yet another wondrous Ian Clark set.c 1985-6

Randy Brown -Always in the Mood

Newcomers - Whole world is a picture show

Sixties wise. Tony Mason - Take Good care, who used to play this ?

Social source share

Lou Johnson - The Panic is On -

Ben E King - Getting to Me -

Bobby Moore - Chained To Your Heart - Checker

Juan Williams - Check My Mail Box - Blue Soul

Maxine Brown - Am i Falling In Love - ABC

Roy C - Gone Gone - Shout

Gerri Grainger - Why Cant it Be Tonight -

Judy Clay - Since You Came Along........a personal fave !

Annabel Fox - Lonely Girl - Satin

Boston Hitesmen-cant let it ride-mta

Phewwwwwwww need some help here guy's cant type very fast with my little fingers.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

willie & the handjives - gotta find a new love - veep...covered up as dutch shultz

megatons - detroit sound - laurie..... covered up as the incredible fred scrunge

rubies - spanish boy - vee jay...covered up as the fascinations

marvellows - your little sister - abc

wanderers - you cant run away - united artists

Edited by soulman1964
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Little Ann - Who are you trying to fool

Luthur Ingram - Ohh Baby Dont you weep

Charles Sheffield - Voodoo workin (I know this was a hit on the mod scene, but I think it got its first 'Northern Soul' spins down the stairs.)

When I first started going, and before my sabbatical, I always associated Benny Spellman - Fortune Teller and Melba Moore - Magic Touch as 100 spins.

Social source share

Sixties wise. Tony Mason - Take Good care, who used to play this ?

That were me.

Most of mine have been acetates or master tapes but a few vinyl off the top of my head-

Jimmy Andrews Big City Playboy

Sammy Ambrose Dreamsville

Trends Not Too Old To Cry

Johnny Maestro Steppin Out

Kurt Harris Emperor

Wanderers You Can't Run Away

Harvey Averne Never Learned

And who could forget Bobby Valentino Bad Breath?

Lots of Keb's things were simultaneous with Stafford, I sold him the Moments Hog thing on acetate when we didn't know what it was and one called When The City Sleeps by someone.

Social source share

That were me.

Most of mine have been acetates or master tapes but a few vinyl off the top of my head-

Lots of Keb's things were simultaneous with Stafford, I sold him the Moments Hog thing on acetate when we didn't know what it was and one called When The City Sleeps by someone.

That'd be The Changing Scene Jo Vee Jo, both sides c/u as Steve Mancha

there is one on JM's at the moment

post-1249-1195561064_thumb.jpg

Social source share

That were me.

Jimmy Andrews Big City Playboy

Sammy Ambrose Dreamsville

Trends Not Too Old To Cry

Johnny Maestro Steppin Out

Kurt Harris Emperor

Wanderers You Can't Run Away

Harvey Averne Never Learned

And who could forget Bobby Valentino Bad Breath?

How about,

The Marvellos "Your Little Sister"

The Orlons "Envy"

Hector Rivera "I Want A Chance Of Romance"

I can't remember anymore it was a long time ago.

Phil.

Social source share

Im sure some of Kebs things were 100 club ,as he did start his crusade for different 60's there and Stafford came a bit later for him ?

I cant be 100 % sure as I was heavily into 70's and 80's by then and the memory is not so good :thumbup:

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

How about,

The Marvellos "Your Little Sister"

The Orlons "Envy"

Hector Rivera "I Want A Chance Of Romance"

I can't remember anymore it was a long time ago.

Phil.

Orlons is Pre 100 I think. Maybe it was a Clarkie spin at Yate, that he continued playing at the 100??

ADY, so you are resposible for Kurt Harris hey :thumbup:

Monique. I cant stop singing to myself the Annabelle fox track. Niiiice problem to have :wicked:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert