Lou Pride - I'm Común Home In The Mornún

Bart

Hello,

Found a copy of this yesterday but don't know if it's an original.

Lou Pride - I'm com'un home in the morn'un / i'm not thru lov'un you on Suemi Records ST 4567

runout groove reads: ST4567 then a circled letter M and then a triangle followed by 99522

can anyone tell me if this is the original press or a later (bootleg?) one

cheers

Bart

Social source share

Guest Russ Smith

Bart,

Hope youve found a real one !!

Easiest way to tell is the label on the real one is a dark bluey green/turquoise and smooth.. Vinyl as well

Boots are a bit bubbly and on styrene.

Good luck mate!

Edited by Russ Smith
Social source share

Hello,

Found a copy of this yesterday but don't know if it's an original.

Lou Pride - I'm com'un home in the morn'un / i'm not thru lov'un you on Suemi Records ST 4567

runout groove reads: ST4567 then a circled letter M and then a triangle followed by 99522

cheers

Bart

Hi Bart

Original is on Vinyl, as already stated.

The part of your description

"then a circled letter M and then a triangle followed by 99522"

Suggests that yours is a Styrene Monarch Press from the 70's.

Social source share

It's a boot. The circled M show it's from the Monach pressing plant & the triangle is the greek letter delta (D). The delta number 99522 puts it into the 70's as the last of 60's, december 1969, was 78959.

Social source share

It's a boot. The circled M show it's from the Monach pressing plant & the triangle is the greek letter delta (D). The delta number 99522 puts it into the 70's as the last of 60's, december 1969, was 78959.

There's some fantastic Information regarding Pressing Plant Matrix

at >>> ANORAKS CORNER <<<

Including a Look up Grid on 60's Monarch Delta Numbers.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Okay it's a boot for sure then. Shame. Is there any value to this boot then or are there loads around?

I would've been surprised if it were a real one as the collection it came out of contained a lot of UK presses and represses of big tunes.

Social source share

This was a fantastic quality reissue but what a lot of people don't realise is that it's about 10 seconds shorter than the original on the fade out, Lou sings "Be on the first train tomorrow in the morning baby" and it ends on the boot, on the original it has a little bit more instrumntal then you hear him say "ah yes I will". A very boring fact but it was always something that bugged me, having had the longer version on an emidisc...

Social source share

Okay it's a boot for sure then. Shame. Is there any value to this boot then or are there loads around?

I would've been surprised if it were a real one as the collection it came out of contained a lot of UK presses and represses of big tunes.

Hi Bart

I think that It was Booted on White or Blue. However I think that I have seen a Black Label.

I have seen them between £10-£20. I'm not sure how common they are,

some of the Boots are now getting scarce.

Social source share

Hi Bart

I think that It was Booted on White or Blue. However I think that I have seen a Black Label.

I have seen them between £10-£20. I'm not sure how common they are,

some of the Boots are now getting scarce.

There's a couple of blue ones - the first is a copy of the proper Suemi label, then some time later came another blue one but with the logo in a straight line, no idea when these came out but from memory they are similar to the Lainie Hall second pressing. As you say, there's a white one too, that came out way later than the 1975 blue one.

Social source share

• 16 years later...

On 18/11/2007 at 12:07, Pete S said:

, Lou sings "Be on the first train tomorrow in the morning baby" and it ends on the boot, on the original it has a little bit more instrumntal then you hear him say "ah yes I will".

"you know the first black  smoke in the morning, baby" (train) - lyrics straight from the horse's mouth when he was at Prestatyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve got one of those early styrene boots I bought second hand around ‘77, came with ‘Home sweet home’ hand painted sleeve from the female seller🙂. Suffers badly now from styrene burn.

Social source share

On 01/08/2024 at 22:03, Andy Rix said:

LouPride001.thumb.jpg.990486f257b808958437e699239516b9.jpg

Yes, it was a phone call from his (then) girlfriend that prompted Lou to write the song. She was really really missing him, so he promised to head home to her in the morning (after his show that night). He promised to be there, to go home & see her ....

So I asked him ... so you went home in the morning ...

With a wry smile ... he said ... actually NO, in fact I never saw her ever again ...

we all ended up on the floor laughing.

Edited by Roburt
  • Up vote 2
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

5 hours ago, Milo said:

I’ve got one of those early styrene boots I bought second hand around ‘77, came with ‘Home sweet home’ hand painted sleeve from the female seller🙂. Suffers badly now from styrene burn.

I have one too Monarch but nice condition as I never played it since then.

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!