Old Flyer - What A Line Up

Kevinkent

I picked up a nice little book today "HEART & SOUL - a celebration of black music style in America 1930-1975".

Packed with graphics of album sleeves and flyers etc.

How about this bash at the Memorial Auditorium, Chattanooga, Nov 2 1965:

IMPRESSIONS

MAJOR LANCE

BARBARA MASON

WILLIAM BELL

GENE CHANDLER

GLADYS KNIGHT & THE FABULOUS PIPS

FONTELLA BASS

JAMO THOMAS ORCHESTRA

JERRY BUTLER

IKETTES

G.L.CROCKETT

Not bad for a TUESDAY :ohmy: night out eh?

Edited by KevinKent
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 979
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

These guys and contempories had no idea what they were creating..........................

Ed

they certainly didnt and im so glad they didnt know, does anyone honestly think that if they knew what was to happen and the northern soul scene became what it was and still is today that they might of done things differently (maybe for commercial reasons) and then lost the something special that they created when they did, silly way of thinking at looking at it but i do like to think at things on a different level sometimes,

Social source share

they certainly didnt and im so glad they didnt know, does anyone honestly think that if they knew what was to happen and the northern soul scene became what it was and still is today that they might of done things differently (maybe for commercial reasons) and then lost the something special that they created when they did, silly way of thinking at looking at it but i do like to think at things on a different level sometimes,

Need to know basis eh?

Nudge nudge wink wink, I get the picture.

Sometimes I cannot understand why anybody would have made the records that we hold dear.

For example 'Sidras theme' vocal/inst. I mean who the hell would buy that apart from us??? The list is endless.

Ed

Social source share

Need to know basis eh?

Nudge nudge wink wink, I get the picture.

Sometimes I cannot understand why anybody would have made the records that we hold dear.

For example 'Sidras theme' vocal/inst. I mean who the hell would buy that apart from us??? The list is endless.

Ed

I always thought "I'm Getting On Life" - Wombat was a weird one. What market did they think they were aiming at..........?

Ian D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert