Seven Day Fool

Dave Morris

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

if you don't fancy the CD single or download (!) it is on a 12" evidently, no idea if has had a UK release though...

But why bother? :lol:

Etta James' original is not hard to get hold of and knocks spots off this cover version, tbh...

Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

I tink it brings a great record into the2000's and will make younger people get an appreciaction for the music, Just as long as its not a Tropicana Holdings Bahamas ltd Production.

She looks good in that silver dress.

Now what if Ian Lavine did it :P:unsure:

Social source share

I think it brings a great record into the 2000's and will make younger people get an appreciation for the music....

Totally agree with this post, surely it's better that decent covers such as this are hitting the charts etc rather than the usual drivel.....not sure the youngsters who hear it will take it any further, but some might just seek out Ettas original version and other titles by her, and that's got to be a positive thing imo.

Coupled with the Sharon Jones '100 days 100 nights' track below, I think I might have to change my opinion on modern soul :P:unsure:

Edited by Mace
Social source share

I tink it brings a great record into the2000's and will make younger people get an appreciaction for the music, Just as long as its not a Tropicana Holdings Bahamas ltd Production.

She looks good in that silver dress.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly.... if it awakens interest in this sort of music amongst a new generation - similar to Amy Winehouse then I'm all for it. I'll definately be digging out the Etta James version to play at the next CAF where there are lots of peole in that category...

My point was why would anyone already into this stuff buy the Jully Black Cover? The original is not hard to get or expensive and it's better!

Edited by Rowly
Social source share

My point was why would anyone already into this stuff buy the Jully Black Cover? The original is not hard to get or expensive and it's better!

You could say that about any cover version of any track though Rowly.

Including 60s British covers of U.S. blues and R&B tracks.

It might encourage someone to buy her next/current CD and that could contain some quality original tracks for all I/we know?

Plus, there's no way the Etta James version will be getting the airplays that this might get over forthcoming months.....but it could well get more exposure in the long run because of it.

Social source share

saw this on south west soul forum the other day,cool looking vid and like the nicole willis and ami trax im sure it will get some youngsters looking for the real thing....many years ago i got into the new dance craze of two tone which made me discover prince buster,trojan and so on... to answer the question why bother ? well i dont suppose she could write a tune half as good that would get people around the world knowing her name !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert