Asking A Favour From All You

A couple of people have asked me to put a piccie up on Gillian to see if it is who they are thinking of, so one attached.

Just had a meeting at mine with my friends I am running the do with & they are really deeply touched by the generosity of people on here. We should have some flyers printed in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks

Kxpost-4123-1197492729_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 156
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Kirsty can you send me your address again please as i deleted it by mistake, i raised a few quid from some mates locally so will send you some cash to you :D

Bearsy

Social source share

Kirsty can you send me your address again please as i deleted it by mistake, i raised a few quid from some mates locally so will send you some cash to you :lol:

Bearsy

Brill, Bearsy, will do.

Kx

Social source share

A big thanks to Martin T who has just very kindly offered to donate some northern soul watches.

I never knew such things exsisted, certainly a prize with a difference, nice one Martin :thumbsup:

If anyone is interested in buying them separate to my raffle I have the link, or buy a raffle ticket & hope to win them, got a ladies & a gents one on their way

Kx

Edited by KirstyM
Social source share

Hi Kirsty.......will leave posting the Book until after the New Year, wouldnt want it lost in the Xmas post.

Steve

:yes:

Hi Steve

Thanks very good of you, hope you aint doing too bad thumbsup.gif I've filled half my dining table with presents, we're having to have our tea on our laps :yes:

Have a good christmas thumbsup.gif

Kx

Social source share

Kirsty, you can have a three cd's set that i've just done. pm me with info where I can send them and how soon do you need them.

Willie

Thanks Willie, will do. Hope the other SSLAAS girls dont get jealous :wicked:

Kx

Social source share

post-4123-1198150729_thumb.png

Well I hope this has worked, here's the flyer. We would love as many people to come as possible, especially if they knew Gill, trying to raise as much money as possible for cancer research. It's not a soul do, it's not s mod do, will be playing a bit of everything, it will just be a fun night to remember a dear friend, who would have been having a suprise 40th a few months ago if she was still with us. I was quite gobsmacked this morning to hear that somebody phoned the number on the flyer to have a go about the fact that the night clashed with a mod do 30 miles away & called one of my friends an "idiot" for not changing the date. First off, I'd like to say that is wasnt the organisers of the said do. Secondly, I would like to say that I'm glad that they didnt have me at the end of the phone. If the said person is reading this, give this some thought. This is a ONE OFF memorial do, for a friend who died a the age of 39 from cancer. She was in our mod club in the 80's, the majority of us in the club are no longer mods. We wanted to do something special in her memory as she meant a great deal to us. The majority of people who will be attending, will be old mod/scooter friends, family & soulies, I cant see the attendance in Sheffield being affected in any way. Every penny we take on the door WILL go to Cancer Research. Our old club is spread out throughout the coutry, 2 members are in London, one is in Scotland, we all wanted to be together for this night & we wanted to make sure that Gills family were in attendance. If you could have done better at finding a date that everyone could make & didnt clash with any do, then you must be able to make miracles work!. There's a do in Scotland that I normally would have been at that night, has the promoter had a go, now he's sent me some tickets for the raffle for his next do. The guy you spoke to last night & called an idiot has actually worked tirelessy on Gills behalf, getting the venue for free, finding a printer that will print the flyers for free, working hard at finding old friends, supporting me with my raffle, ALL FOR A WORTHY CAUSE!

As for everyone else on here, who has shown us the most amazing support & genoristy, the old 24th hour give their kindest regards. Kxxx

Social source share

A really big thanks to Jolly the package arrived today, 4 tickets to any soulboys promo do at The Hilton Edinburgh in 2008 & John Manships book, Million Dollars of Rare Soul. I have been to these do's & they are fab, somebody could combine it with a weekend away in Edinburgh :thumbup:

Also Bri is overjoyed with the Hibs stuff you sent him, I got woken by him waving his Hibs scarf at me & singing some Pogues song that I never want to hear again in my life :lol::thumbsup:

Say thanks to Shaz for us too, have a lovely xmas :shades:

Me & Him xx

Social source share

Hi Kirsty

Glad the stuff arrived o.k. Our dates for next year are.

February 2nd Bumpin & Stompin night 7th Anniversary

March 29th Oldies / Classics night

May 31st Bumpin & Stompin night

Sept 29th Bumpin & Stompin night

November 29th Oldies / Classics

All nights for next year will be held in two rooms the big room (the Bumpin room) and our back room (the Stompin room). Who ever wins the tickets can come to anyone of the nights above or use two tickets for one night and two for another night.

On our B & S night in Feb we have Bob Jeffries,Kwik Mix, George Wallace and Wee Bri, playing in the Bumpin room, Jumpin Joan, Kenny Burrell and Lenny Harkins playing in the Stompin room.In May we have John Kane and we hope that in Sept Terry Jones will br paying us a visit.

Our Oldies/ Classics nights are just what it says.

Hope your night goes well and we might see you and him in May.

What do you mean "You never want to hear that Pogues song again" That,s Soul with a capital S !! :thumbup: , Well it is when being sung by 25,000 Hibs supporters. laugh.gif

jolly

Edited by Jolly
Social source share

Got a package of cd's today, couldnt read the senders details on the back, but I think they are from Rachel?

Thanks. Kx

Oops I thought I'd put my address on :thumbup:

If it's three CDs of girly stuff then they're from me!

Social source share

Hi Kirsty

Glad the stuff arrived o.k. Our dates for next year are.

February 2nd Bumpin & Stompin night 7th Anniversary

March 29th Oldies / Classics night

May 31st Bumpin & Stompin night

Sept 29th Bumpin & Stompin night

November 29th Oldies / Classics

All nights for next year will be held in two rooms the big room (the Bumpin room) and our back room (the Stompin room). Who ever wins the tickets can come to anyone of the nights above or use two tickets for one night and two for another night.

On our B & S night in Feb we have Bob Jeffries,Kwik Mix, George Wallace and Wee Bri, playing in the Bumpin room, Jumpin Joan, Kenny Burrell and Lenny Harkins playing in the Stompin room.In May we have John Kane and we hope that in Sept Terry Jones will br paying us a visit.

Our Oldies/ Classics nights are just what it says.

Hope your night goes well and we might see you and him in May.

What do you mean "You never want to hear that Pogues song again" That,s Soul with a capital S !! :thumbup: , Well it is when being sung by 25,000 Hibs supporters. laugh.gif

jolly

Am sure it is a nice song, but when I was woken at 8 o'clock this morning with his dulcet geordie tones singing it, I didnt think so :D

Yes Rachel, it is girlie cds, there was a label but it was covered in sellotape & I couldnt make it out.

Kx

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

A big, big thank you to Soulgrit (Willie) for the cd's, I shed a tear at them, he had done them with Gills picture on them & even done me a set to remember her by, how thoughtful.

I finished off a raffle book last night, making the total raised in raffle tickets so far about £225.00, a big thanks once again to Kirsty for all her efforts, who has sold more than me & has only been out twice.

Kx

Social source share

Kirsty, a big thank you for your kind word's, It was a pleasure to do and so pleased that you liked the photo on them (I was'nt sure to put it on as I did'nt know your good friend Gills), she look's like a person who enjoyed a great night out.

Have a SUPER NIGHT.

Willie

Social source share

For anyone wanting to buy raffle tickets or give me prizes I will be at York Rugby Club tomorrow, Lowton next Friday & my sales partner the other Kirsty will be at Thorne on the 19th. Only 4 weeks to go :unsure:

Kx

Social source share

For anyone wanting to buy raffle tickets or give me prizes I will be at York Rugby Club tomorrow, Lowton next Friday & my sales partner the other Kirsty will be at Thorne on the 19th. Only 4 weeks to go :thumbsup:

Kx

though what KirstyM should have said is that I'm good at collecting money, but not too good at actually sorting out raffle tickets :yes:laugh.gif

Have collected over £100 so far, and still got over half a book of tickets left :unsure:

Social source share

Hi Karen

Anything that you would like to donate would be great, though am just happy if you bought some raffle tickets, have got some absolutely fab prizes, so the more tickets I can sell the better.

Hope you are keeping well, long time no see, have still got your socks :thumbsup:

Kx

Hope to be keeping well soon - on my 3rd Chest Infection in as many month's at mo :unsure: Course I'll have some raffle ticket's n should have sorted some prize's out by Friday for Lowton ....

Not sure how you ended up with my sock's but ta anyway's - should be at York, so see you there....

Karen

x

Social source share

Hope to be keeping well soon - on my 3rd Chest Infection in as many month's at mo :unsure: Course I'll have some raffle ticket's n should have sorted some prize's out by Friday for Lowton ....

Not sure how you ended up with my sock's but ta anyway's - should be at York, so see you there....

Karen

x

Hi Karen

Hope you get better soon, you always seem plagued by chest infections you poor thing. You are welcome to get me some prizes, although I have plenty already, 31 at the last count.

Your socks are from you got a lift with me to Col Denhams 50th, we couldnt find them in the dark, but they were under my car seat. See you tomorrow or next Friday, will bring the socks to both :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

A big thank you to Professor Turnups (Mark Chamberlain from Norwich) for the donation that he sent this morning 7 anyone else who contributed to it, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

A big thank you to:

Sian & Denise for the Rugby Allniter tickets

Mace for the Bidds Allniter tickets

Hold Tight & everyone at Kent Soul club for the very nice & rather huge framed single & signed photo of the artist, it is fab :unsure:

Just over 3 weeks to go to the event, most prizes are in, a gentle nudge to those who havent :huh:

Thanks once again to everyone on here who have given so generously & shown me such terrific support :huh:

Kx

Social source share

Just spoken to David Miller (who produces the magazine Soulview). It is going to be ready late January, he is very kindly going to send me 25 copies which he has financed himself, I'm going to sell them for £3.00 each,all of which is going to Gills charity, they will be on sale at the charity do & afterwards. So if I wave a magazine at you its all for a good cause & has some great articles in. Thanks David :)

Kx

Social source share

A big thanks to Steve Lane, the George Best book arrived this morning :lol:

Wont be at Lowton tonight, but Alex Jones & Sanquine will be greatly receiving prizes on my behalf, they are nearly all in, thanks guys :lol:

Job well done to my sales partner as well, raising more money than actual raffle tickets sold whistling.gif mayube people just paid to be whipped with the riding crop :lol:

Kx

Social source share

A big thanks goes to Shedhead (Col & Michelle from Goole) who rang last night to say that they are going to donate some garden stuff as a prize, which will be handy as a non soulie prize :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

A big thanks goes to Shedhead (Col & Michelle from Goole) who rang last night to say that they are going to donate some garden stuff as a prize, which will be handy as a non soulie prize :thumbsup:

Kx

Hey kirsty me and H just thinkin will you have time for a do :yes: your gonna have to start the RAFFLE at 8oclock the amount of prizes you've got :D:D haha Luv ya Di xx

Social source share

Hey kirsty me and H just thinkin will you have time for a do :lol: your gonna have to start the RAFFLE at 8oclock the amount of prizes you've got :D:D haha Luv ya Di xx

Tell me about it, I know, not that I am complaining :thumbsup: . I have decided to have a silent raffle, otherwise the deejays will lynch me & someone would have to miss their turning deejaying :yes: . Most of the people who have bought tickets wont be at the do, only going to announce it (inbetween records) if it is someone who is there. I dont suppose anyone has a tombola they could lend us?. Judging from the amount of tickets I have sold if would have to be a large one!

The do finishes at 2am, I have visions of still drawing it by then :D

Kx

Social source share

Tell me about it, I know, not that I am complaining :lol: . I have decided to have a silent raffle, otherwise the deejays will lynch me & someone would have to miss their turning deejaying :lol: . Most of the people who have bought tickets wont be at the do, only going to announce it (inbetween records) if it is someone who is there. I dont suppose anyone has a tombola they could lend us?. Judging from the amount of tickets I have sold if would have to be a large one!

The do finishes at 2am, I have visions of still drawing it by then :rolleyes:

Kx

It shud be a niter :lol: haha KEEP SELLING HUN you are doin a fab job xxxxxxxxxxx

Social source share

Had a meeting last night with the other organisers, showed them the prizes (Steve Lane only just found your note, thanks :D), the others couldnt believe how generous you have all been & were impressed with the prizes, they all said a huge thanks. I feel a little bit more relaxed now that I know all the raffle prizes are on their way, the dj rooster is sorted, I know who's doing the door when & I know how's in charge of selling raffle tickets on the night & when & who is going to draw it.

We have decided to have a moments celebration of Gills life through the night, something I saw at a do in Scotland once, instead of a moments silence, you appauld them, something I thought she would like.

I will be at Brighouse tonight if anyone wants any raffle tickets & the other Kirsty will be at Thorne tomorrow night, we've sold approx £275 worth of tickets so far.

Kx

Social source share

A big thank you to:

Sian & Denise for the Rugby Allniter tickets

Mace for the Bidds Allniter tickets

Hold Tight & everyone at Kent Soul club for the very nice & rather huge framed single & signed photo of the artist, it is fab :D

Just over 3 weeks to go to the event, most prizes are in, a gentle nudge to those who havent thumbsup.gif

Thanks once again to everyone on here who have given so generously & shown me such terrific support thumbsup.gif

Kx

Not a problem Kirsty - was actually Soul-Smugglers-Inc who provided the prize, although I have no doubt Martin, Toni and the guys at KSC wish you all the best on your endeavours. Pressure is on them now to come up trumps. :g: Money in the post for tickets, Mark.

Social source share

if you plan to see me for tickets... best do it REALLY early :D

if you just want to give me money, you can do that whenever!

I'm meeting up with Kirsty next week to hand over my ticket stubs and a big wad of cash....

Social source share

Not a problem Kirsty - was actually Soul-Smugglers-Inc who provided the prize, although I have no doubt Martin, Toni and the guys at KSC wish you all the best on your endeavours. Pressure is on them now to come up trumps. :D Money in the post for tickets, Mark.

Thanks Mark & the soul smugglers :D Must remember to pm you your ticket numbers Mark, my head feels like an aqaurium at the end, so many things swimming round in it :shhh:

Kx

Social source share

Had a meeting last night with the other organisers, showed them the prizes (Steve Lane only just found your note, thanks :D ), the others couldnt believe how generous you have all been & were impressed with the prizes, they all said a huge thanks. I feel a little bit more relaxed now that I know all the raffle prizes are on their way, the dj rooster is sorted, I know who's doing the door when & I know how's in charge of selling raffle tickets on the night & when & who is going to draw it.

We have decided to have a moments celebration of Gills life through the night, something I saw at a do in Scotland once, instead of a moments silence, you appauld them, something I thought she would like.

I will be at Brighouse tonight if anyone wants any raffle tickets & the other Kirsty will be at Thorne tomorrow night, we've sold approx £275 worth of tickets so far.

Kx

HI,

I'll look out for you at Brig tonight!. :D

Jayne.x.

Social source share

HI,

I'll look out for you at Brig tonight!. :D

Jayne.x.

Oh, are you going to be there tonight, will look out for you too, I take it you are on your avatar. I will have black leather trousers & a black top on. If you've got the tickets tonight, great, otherwise Alison will be at Seductive tomorrow :D

Kx

Social source share

Oh, are you going to be there tonight, will look out for you too, I take it you are on your avatar. I will have black leather trousers & a black top on. If you've got the tickets tonight, great, otherwise Alison will be at Seductive tomorrow :D

Kx

Hi,

That's me (although that's pics a year old so there's slightly more of me now! lol).. :D

Hope to see you later, it'll be nice to say hello.

Thanks

Jayne.x.

Social source share

you cheeky mare Mrs M - I've got a boot full of gardening stuff after you volunteered me to pick it up!

Sold a few more tickets last night, but was only capable of performing any sales for about 25 minutes right at the beginning :thumbsup:

Hope you're all relaxed after a weekend of communal farting in the jacuzzi.. and the annual treat of Bri streaking ph34r.gif

I'll talk to you in the week x

Social source share

Thanks Kirsty, was going to get the gardening stuf at Brighouse but my lift broke down :ohmy: My weekend was fab about from the residents complaining about me yapping at 2 in the morning, they put us in the drawing room & shut the door after the second telling off.

Thanks Bearsy, much appreciated :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

Mark (Hold Tight) & Bearsy I've not received anything yet. Have you both sent it?

Just over a week to go & am beginning to flap, so a gentle reminder to all that havent sent prizes :thumbup:

(Jayne I got your message & Andy McCabe you have a patience of a saint, to put up with my flapping :wicked: )

Ticket sales going well £330, so far.

Kx

Social source share

A big thanks to David Miller who sent me 25 copies of his magazine soulview. They will be on sale at my charity night & if there are any left will be selling them on my travels. They are £3.00 each & all the money goes to cancer research.

Three days left until the do & still 5 prizes to come. I'm hoping the postie has paid me another visit tonight as I know 3 have been posted. Other than that its all systems go. Good luck to everyone thats has brought raffle tickets, there are some fab prizes to be won.

Kx

Social source share

A big thank you to Andy Mccabe for the Middleton Tickets (& for having the patience of a saint :D ), Jayne for the Bury tickets & Munchkin (Kev & Sharon) for the cd's & tickets (I'm assuming its yours, have to collect it from the post office). They have all arrived today & I am so relieved. Only 2 more to come & if they dont arrive it isnt the end of the world, I've got 28 :D

Kx

Social source share

A big thank you to Chris Waterman & Marcelle, your package arrived this morning, 2 tickets to see The Metros at the Wolverhapton Allniter in March, fab thumbsup.gif

Also Sharon & Kev thanks very much for the tickets & I thought the cd's were a good idea :no:

I've got all but one prize, 29 brill prizes, all packed up & ready to go.

You'll all be pleased to know that I'm driving tonight & will have my sensible head on, so at least I can make sense of who has won what :no:

Once again a big, big thank you to everyone who has donated such fantastic prizes & everyone who has bought tickets, good luck to you all. I am sure that Gills family tonight will be blown away by your generosity. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be plenty through the door tonight & that we raise loads for such a worthy cause.

As soon as I get chance tomorrow I'll put up a list of winners & will contact them as soon as poss, bear with me though as I'll have 29 to contact, may take me some time.

From all in the 24th hour thank you :no:

Kx

Social source share

Mark (Hold Tight) & Bearsy I've not received anything yet. Have you both sent it?

Just over a week to go & am beginning to flap, so a gentle reminder to all that havent sent prizes :huh:

(Jayne I got your message & Andy McCabe you have a patience of a saint, to put up with my flapping :lol: )

Ticket sales going well £330, so far.

Kx

Hi Kirsty, glad you reminded me cos im useless and had the envelope in me car and forgot about it, I have defo just posted it 10 minutes ago so if not monday defo Tuesday it will be with you, well done Kirsty and i hope the day is a success :ohmy:

Social source share

A big thank you to Andy Mccabe for the Middleton Tickets (& for having the patience of a saint :lol: ), Jayne for the Bury tickets & Munchkin (Kev & Sharon) for the cd's & tickets (I'm assuming its yours, have to collect it from the post office). They have all arrived today & I am so relieved. Only 2 more to come & if they dont arrive it isnt the end of the world, I've got 28 :huh:

Kx

:ohmy: .. Have a good night and dont forget to enjoy it yourself!.

We're off to Sheffield otherwise I would have loved to come along.

Jayne.x.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert