Asking A Favour From All You

Right, someone has asked me for a list of raffle prizes that have been offered so far. Here goes & if I miss anyone off I am really sorry, but I've been inundated.

2 Bridlington Weekender tickets - Karen & Rob Wigley- Received

Records - Bearsoul - Received

Record - Paul Sadot - Received

Kev Roberts top 500 books - Ghosty - Received

2 tickets for every Middleton Niter in 2008 - Soultown Andy - Received

2 tickets for every Empress Ballroom in 2008 - Soulcrew - Received

2 bottles of champagne - Shelley, 24th Hour - Received

2 tickets for sound of soul anniversay in March, Holmes Chapel - Munchkin - received

Anniversary single, test press & signed framed photo of artist, Hold Tight, Stolen Hours, Kent - Received

Weekend in Lake District - Jaco - Received

Rugby Allniter tickets - Rugby Soul Club -Received

Bury Town Hall tickets - Miss Bury Soul - Received

Tickets for York Charity Alldayer - YK Soul - Received

10 pieces of Memorbilia - Dundee Soul Club - Received

2 tickets to Bidds Allniter - Mace - Received

2 tickets to Whitby Weekender - Goldsoul - Received

2 tickets to Stoke Allniter in March - GoldSoul- Received

New Top 500 Book - Goldsoul - Received

2 tickets to the the Manifesto Club in Knottingley - Little Av - Recieved

Jackie Wilson demo - Bogue - Received

Signed George Best photo & five pound note framed & book - Steve Lane - Received

4 tickets to Soulboys promo do in Edinburgh & car stickers - Jolly-Received

John Manship Book- Miillion Dollars of Soul - Jolly -Received

Banbury Soul Club cd - Eddie Hubbard - Recieved

Cd's - Rachel - Received

Marvin Gaye Book & Records - Toad - Received

Northern soul watches - Martin T - Received

Cd's - Soulgrit - Received

Wolverhampton Allniter tickets plus records - Chris Waterman & Marcelle - Received

Gardening Stuff - Shedhead - Received

How good is that :thumbsup:

Kx

Edited by KirstyM
Social source share

• Replies 156
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest YKSoulMan

Right, someone has asked me for a list of raffle prizes that have been offered so far. Here goes & if I miss anyone off I am really sorry, but I've been inundated.

9 unspecified prizes, I do like suprises. The proceeds from David Millers magazine.

Bridlington Weekender tickets - Karen & Rob Wigley

Records - Bearsoul

Scripts, posters from play - Paul Sadot

Kev Roberts top 500 books - Ghosty

2 tickets for every Middleton Niter in 2008 - Soultown Andy

2 tickets for every Empress Ballroom in 2008 - Soulcrew

Northern soul cd's & books - Ian Dewhirst

2 tickets for sound of soul anniversay in March, Holmes Chapel - Munchkin

Anniversary single, test press & signed framed photo of artist, Hold Tight, Stolen Hours, Kent

Weekend in Lake District - Jaco

Rugby Allniter tickets - Rugby Soul Club

Bury Town Hall tickets - Miss Bury Soul

How good is that :rolleyes:

Kx

Kirsty,

Just seen this and YKSoul would like to donate 2 tickets to their 2nd All-Dayer, to be held at the York University on 16th Aug 2008.

Steve B

Social source share

You probably all remember that earlier this year my old mod friend Gillian died from cancer. We have organised a charity do in her memory in Leeds on February 2nd & we are hoping to raise as much money for Cancer Research as possible. I am sure this charity is dear to many peoples hearts & most of us have known someone that has been taken from us by this disease.

We are holding a raffle on the evening & we are looking for prizes, so if any of you would be kind enough to donate any it would be very much appreciated & you would get a HUGE KISS from me. I know what a kind hearted bunch you are.

Thanks

Kirstyx

Hi Kirsty , I donate all my DJ money to Cancer Research UK as part of my employers 'partners in giving' scheme -so please let me know if I can help in any way .

all the best

Andy

Social source share

You probably all remember that earlier this year my old mod friend Gillian died from cancer. We have organised a charity do in her memory in Leeds on February 2nd & we are hoping to raise as much money for Cancer Research as possible. I am sure this charity is dear to many peoples hearts & most of us have known someone that has been taken from us by this disease.

We are holding a raffle on the evening & we are looking for prizes, so if any of you would be kind enough to donate any it would be very much appreciated & you would get a HUGE KISS from me. I know what a kind hearted bunch you are.

Thanks

Kirstyx

I have quite a few records that are gathering dust..Singles and albums..(no not my hot box :rolleyes: )...pm address Kirsty and i will send them through the post..

Social source share

Steve , Steve & Andy a huge thank you. especially Steve B & Andy as I know how YK Soul already does for charity, the alldayer tickets, FAB, I will do the same back when the time comes & if you need any help with any of your do's then shout. I wont send you my address Steve B, just let me if have them in York sometime :rolleyes:

Andy, anything you can do to help would be great, see you at the CIS & we can discuss then.

Steve C, thanks a lot honey, will send you my address, or you could let me have them at CIS.

I have raffle tickets :D

Kx

Social source share

Steve , Steve & Andy a huge thank you. especially Steve B & Andy as I know how YK Soul already does for charity, the alldayer tickets, FAB, I will do the same back when the time comes & if you need any help with any of your do's then shout. I wont send you my address Steve B, just let me if have them in York sometime :thumbup:

Andy, anything you can do to help would be great, see you at the CIS & we can discuss then.

Steve C, thanks a lot honey, will send you my address, or you could let me have them at CIS.

I have raffle tickets :yes:

Kx

helping such a good cause would be a pleasure -always gives me a buzz , hopefully I'll see you at the City Screen event ,York tomorrow (Frid)

Andy

Social source share

helping such a good cause would be a pleasure -always gives me a buzz , hopefully I'll see you at the City Screen event ,York tomorrow (Frid)

Andy

Could do with more people like you in this world Andy thumbsup.gif I wont be there tonight, nothing against you, Jamie & Rich, I love you all to bits, but I'm sure you'll understand my reasons for not going, mind you if he would like to donate his new book to my charity, give me a shout, will only be at the other side of town, will have a set then :D

Kx

Social source share

A big thanks to Rob & Karen Wigley, Rob Wicks & Pat Brady, the Bridlington tickets arrived today. I noticed this morning that you had donated some more to a Charity do in Nottingham?. Kind hearted people who arent in it for the money, will give your flyers out with pleasure :rolleyes:

Kx

Social source share

A big thank you to Steve Bradley last night for the York Alldayer tickets, much appreciated. Also a big thank you to the Dundee Soul club for the memoribilia that I received this morning, it is fantastic, original letters & lyrics from the 60's & some fab photos thumbsup.gif

Also thanks to the people who bought raffle tickets last night, especially Stevie G who bought almost all my book :thumbup: Special thanks to the lovely Di who helped me filling out S Greenwood on the stubs, I think we had just about finished when the lights came on :D

I will be at The Harold Club in Bradford tonight if anyone wants tickets, but catch me early as I'm not driving laugh.gif

Kx

Social source share

Anyone want to own up to the strange raffle prize, I received today, a book on motivation & some very sweet smelling gold earings?. I would like to think I am quite good at motivating people, but my ears aint pierced & gold aint my thing, am a silver lady.

I cant read the postmark & the sender obviously wants to remain anoymous. Not quite sure what you want me to do with them. Anyone?

Kx

Social source share

Anyone want to own up to the strange raffle prize, I received today, a book on motivation & some very sweet smelling gold earings?. I would like to think I am quite good at motivating people, but my ears aint pierced & gold aint my thing, am a silver lady.

I cant read the postmark & the sender obviously wants to remain anoymous. Not quite sure what you want me to do with them. Anyone?

Kx

Are you sure you haven't opened an early birthday present by mistake? :lol:

It wasn't me by the way....

Will PM you my address in a mo so you can send some tickets out for me to hawk :)

Social source share

Are you sure you haven't opened an early birthday present by mistake? :shades:

It wasn't me by the way....

Will PM you my address in a mo so you can send some tickets out for me to hawk :)

To be honest its peed me off a bit, if its a joke that someone wants to share with me, then I wish they would & I'd probably laugh with them, theres no-one more than me that likes a joke. Just hate getting cr@p like this when I have no idea who its from or the reason. Ok maybe its nowt to do with the raffle, but hardly & I mean hardly had my address until 2 weeks ago & if its someone having a dig I wish they'd come out & SAY IT. I dont get upset at much, maybe today was the icing on the cake, someone very close to me has just been to the hospital today to find out whether or not they have cancer, I'm trying to do something positive & raise money for something that is dear to me & in memory of a dear friend & I dont need this sh@te.

Sorry for ranting, thanks to everyone that has sent me stuff. My apologises now if it is no-one on here, I opened it expecting it to be a prize, drew my own conclusions.

Kirsty, thanks honey will send you the raffle tickets. Also big thanks to Mace who has just offered me 2 tickets to Bidds Allniter :lol:

Off for a vodka

Edited by KirstyM
Social source share

My best friend has just pointed out that perhaps they could actually be raffle prizes, so if any wants to own up & I will eat a rather large piece of humble pie :lol:

She also said that no way would it be an early birthday present, a book on motivation would be the last thing anyone would send me :yes::lol:

Big thanks to Rachel for the offer of a raffle prize of records & cd's :lol:

Am off to read my book :lol::no:

Kx

Social source share

I'd love to donate Kirsty not sure what at the mo but will get my thinking cap on - I'll call you if I get stuck for Idea's...

A charity which seem's dear to a lot of people n who's live's have been touched by Cancer. I lost my mum to lung cancer 10 yrs ago within 9 months of it having being diagnosed...

take care

Karen

x

Social source share

I'd love to donate Kirsty not sure what at the mo but will get my thinking cap on - I'll call you if I get stuck for Idea's...

A charity which seem's dear to a lot of people n who's live's have been touched by Cancer. I lost my mum to lung cancer 10 yrs ago within 9 months of it having being diagnosed...

take care

Karen

x

Hi Karen

Sorry to hear about your mum. Have had good news from the hospital, so am in a calmer mood, though the package is still baffling me.

Anything that you would like to donate would be great, though am just happy if you bought some raffle tickets, have got some absolutely fab prizes, so the more tickets I can sell the better.

Hope you are keeping well, long time no see, have still got your socks :rolleyes:

Kx

Social source share

Just want to say a big thank you to the kind hearted Steve Lane who has offered me a signed & framed photo & of the legend George Best, which also has his uncirculated five pound note (didnt know he did one until today, but there you go).

Have decided to auction this particular beauty on the evening, so if any of you avid footie fans out there would like to make me an offer (for the photo :D:yes: ) I would be over the moon.

Also just to let you know the tours dates for the raffle tickets are as follows :ohmy:

Tomorrow night - Charity do in York

Saturday afternoon - Coco Bar in Leeds. This is the place we are having Gills memorial do in February & there is a mod do there this weekend, so if anyone is going to that & cant make Gills do, see me for raffle tickets & a list of prizes to date.

Saturday night - York Rugby Club, all being well if I dont drink too much on Saturday afternoon.

Next weekend - CIS Allniter in Manchester. All being well the other Kirsty will be there too with a raffle book, so there will no hiding place for anyone :D:g: Her sales technique is fabulous :)

December 15th - Amwlch Allniter, catch me early though as it is my birthday on the 16th & I may turn into a pumpkin/be collapsed in a corner in a coma. Delete as appropiate :D

I shouldnt be hard to spot, will be waving by book on motivation, with gold earrings sellotaped to my ears :D:D

Kx

Social source share

Next weekend - CIS Allniter in Manchester. All being well the other Kirsty will be there too with a raffle book, so there will no hiding place for anyone whistling.giflaugh.gif Her sales technique is fabulous :D

Am definately going to CIS, so beware!

Will also be using my special technique at The Orwell on 28th December and Thorne on 19th January

Maybe I'll bring some stickers - that way we'll be able to indentify the people we've already extracted money from ph34r.gif

Social source share

Am definately going to CIS, so beware!

Will also be using my special technique at The Orwell on 28th December and Thorne on 19th January

Maybe I'll bring some stickers - that way we'll be able to indentify the people we've already extracted money from ph34r.gif

What a great idea, will get some stickers, maybe they should say "I've been Kirstyed" laugh.gif

Social source share

The sender of the motivation book & earrings has revealed themselves & I am going to have to eat humble pie for a while as they were actually a raffle prize, is there an icon for such a thing? laugh.gif

Kx

Social source share

Big thanks to Markmtfc for the donation of 2 tickets to his next Sandal do. He did orginally offer 2 for his new years eve bash, but as the draw is after that it would have been pretty hard for the winner to go :no:, so has offered 2 for his one after that :ohmy:

Kx

Social source share

The sender of the motivation book & earrings has revealed themselves & I am going to have to eat humble pie for a while as they were actually a raffle prize, is there an icon for such a thing? :ohmy:

Kx

I think something like this: :thumbup:

Ill see you at the CIS Kirsty with the Bestie Fiver and pic thumbup.gif

:lol:

Social source share

Yes Steve see you at CIS, sounds like a fab prize.

Have sold just over half a raffle book, £50, just to the York crowd, so am chuffed to bits, hoping by the time February comes will have raised quite a bit. Thanks guys, you know who you are :D

Kx

Social source share

A big thanks to Little Av from The Manifesto Club in Knottingley for donating 2 tickets & some car stickers.

Also if it is ok with Goldsoul I am going to donate my 2 tickets to next years Whitby that Kev has just offered me.

And if he's feeling generous he could chuck in his new book, so that I have a set, as already been given 1 & 2

Kx

Social source share

Thanks to Bogue for the donation of the Jackie Wilson demo, will update my list with the 3 new ones.

Theres a couple of people who pm'd me to say they would send prizes that I havent heard back from. I'm not in a rush for the prizes, but would like to know what they are so that I can add them to the list, as people are asking for a list when buying raffle prizes. So if you havent let me know, could you :unsure:

Cheers

Kx

Social source share

don't forget to do me a list luvvie - I don't want any spelling mistakes and would quite like it laminated, so that I have less chance of misplacing it :lol:

Michael has chickened out of being a prize, so will provide something boring and easy to aquire instead - a big bottle of Vodka (will bob it over nearer the do so theres less chance of it getting drunk).

will be arriving around 10 on Friday, complete with a pen, reward stickers, sweeties and a recepticle for collecting money - should I being a clipboard too....

watch out for a tall smiley lady with a menacing glint in her eyes :lol:

Social source share

don't forget to do me a list luvvie - I don't want any spelling mistakes and would quite like it laminated, so that I have less chance of misplacing it laugh.gif

Michael has chickened out of being a prize, so will provide something boring and easy to aquire instead - a big bottle of Vodka (will bob it over nearer the do so theres less chance of it getting drunk).

will be arriving around 10 on Friday, complete with a pen, reward stickers, sweeties and a recepticle for collecting money - should I being a clipboard too....

watch out for a tall smiley lady with a menacing glint in her eyes :lol:

Will do the list now, do you think one book of 500 is enough :lol: Can see you selling them in oh, 20 mins :huh:

Is the clipboard for hitting them over the head if they dont want to buy any :lol:

The vodka would be lovely, but you really dont have to, its enough that you are helping me sell the tickets.

Looking forward to Friday, Kirsty selling raffle tickets is entertainment value in itself, hope you lot all buy some if only for some of Kirstys sweeties.

The woman is scary, but has a heart of gold.

Thanks love, see you Friday.

Kx

Social source share

If anyone in the Northamptonshire area is after raffle tickets, Cher1962 has very kindly offered to round up money, get a list of names & I'll send her the tickets down. Thanks Cheryl.

Kx

Social source share

Thanks to Jolly for donating a Manship book for the raffle, nice one :ohmy:

I've lost count of the prizes, think we've reached over the 20 mark, love you all to bits :lol:

Kx

Social source share

Thanks to Jolly for donating a Manship book for the raffle, nice one :ohmy:

I've lost count of the prizes, think we've reached over the 20 mark, love you all to bits :lol:

Kx

Hi Kirsty

I will also dig out some Soulboys promo car stickers and 4 tickets to one of our nights.

all the best

jolly

Social source share

Hi Kirsty

I will also dig out some Soulboys promo car stickers and 4 tickets to one of our nights.

all the best

jolly

Hi Jolly

That is fantastic, will update the list. These tickets will make a great prize, for anyone who hasnt been, the soulboys do's in edinburgh are fab :lol:

Kx

Social source share

Just got in from work to find a package from Goldsoul, thanks Kev :thumbsup: .

Inside there is:

2 Whitby Tickets

The New Top 500 Book, I now have the set & will raffle them as a set.

4 Tickets to Stoke Allniter on New Years Eve

4 Tickets to Stoke Allniter on 29th March

The Stoke Allniter on New Years eve is before I hold the raffle in Feb. I have given it some thought & I would like people to bid for them via pm please, higgest bidder wins. There's 4 of them & to buy in advance they would cost £80.00 (£20.00 each). I know there are quite a few soul sourcers on here that love Stoke Niter so heres your chance to grab a bargain & raise money for cancer research.

Thanks

Kx

Social source share

if you haven't done it already, stick the NYE tickets in sales, with a closing date and a bit of blurb about the charity....

Thanks Kirsty, good idea, never thought of that, never been into sales, I feel like I'm venturing into the unknown laugh.gif

Still on for Friday I hope. Vicky's giving me a lift so lots of :thumbsup: , should be there about 10 as well.

Kx

Social source share

Thanks Kirsty, good idea, never thought of that, never been into sales, I feel like I'm venturing into the unknown laugh.gif

Still on for Friday I hope. Vicky's giving me a lift so lots of :thumbup: , should be there about 10 as well.

Kx

Oh yes still on for Friday. Have already been securing some advance sales....

Social source share

Big thanks to Rachel for donating the cd's :thumbup:

I know have 27 prizes offered, how flipping good is that thumbsup.gif

Thanks once again, will be out on Friday with big kisses for all the people that will be there & have helped me out

Kx

Social source share

Big thanks to Little Av, got your tickets & car stickers just now. Also thanks for buying some raffle tickets, if you win will try & remember to make sure you dont win back your own tickets :D

Reminder to Steve C, Steve L, Bearsoul & Rachel to bring your prizes on Friday & if anyone else is going to bring them as well, Mace, Munchkin, ayone else I have forgotten. It will save you on postage that way.

If anyone else is there on Friday that have sent me prizes & that I have never met, please come & introduce yourself, would like to thank you in person :D

Kx

Social source share

If anyone else is there on Friday that have sent me prizes & that I have never met, please come & introduce yourself, would like to thank you in person :D

Kx

come and find me too - and I'll give you a great big thank you as well!

Social source share

come and find me too - and I'll give you a great big thank you as well!

You'll be the first person I'm finding, you're my top saleswoman. Please dont use tongues :D

Social source share

As a late addition to the george Best Photo and Fiver I have a genuine autographed copy of

Georges biography The Good the Bad and the Bubbly it usually brings around £150 to £300 at auction.

I will forward it on to you when it arrives here.

Steve

:wave:

Social source share

As a late addition to the george Best Photo and Fiver I have a genuine autographed copy of

Georges biography The Good the Bad and the Bubbly it usually brings around £150 to £300 at auction.

I will forward it on to you when it arrives here.

Steve

:D

WOW, thats fab. See you tonight, I owe you 2 huge kisses :wave:

Kx

Social source share

well I don't recall being asked to give anyone a thank you kiss last night... and I'm a right good kisser too :lol:

have just counted up and managed to raise £73 last night (mostly fivers stuffed in my cleavage)

Theres a few more weeks to buy tickets - you shall get collared by me at The Orwell on 29th December, maybe Wakefield on NYE and Thorne on the 19th Jan. If you are not going to any of these dos, but know me and know I'll be cross if you donlt send me money... PM me and I'll send some tickets to you. That means you RBman, Steve G, Tats, Dickytwang, Russ Vickers, blah blah blah

Social source share

well I don't recall being asked to give anyone a thank you kiss last night... and I'm a right good kisser too :thumbsup:

have just counted up and managed to raise £73 last night (mostly fivers stuffed in my cleavage)

Theres a few more weeks to buy tickets - you shall get collared by me at The Orwell on 29th December, maybe Wakefield on NYE and Thorne on the 19th Jan. If you are not going to any of these dos, but know me and know I'll be cross if you donlt send me money... PM me and I'll send some tickets to you. That means you RBman, Steve G, Tats, Dickytwang, Russ Vickers, blah blah blah

Well done Kirsty, you did an absolutely sterling job last night, I kept smiling when I saw people with reward stickers on.

I've sold £79.00 worth of tickets & I've been doing it weeks, so hats off to you, I think half the bolkes there wanted a ticket just so that they could get hit by your riding crop :lol:

Big thanks to Steve Lane & Bearsoul for their pressies last night & also Jaco (your place looks fab) & Eddie Hubbard for your pressies that arrived this morning.

Kx

Social source share

A big thanks to Toad who has just kindly donated a Marvin Gaye book. I will be at Amwlch on Saturday if anyone wants to buy raffle tickets or has any raffle prizes that they want to bring, Paul S, is there any chance you could bring your stuff?

Will update the list. Thanks

Kx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert