Asking A Favour From All You

You probably all remember that earlier this year my old mod friend Gillian died from cancer. We have organised a charity do in her memory in Leeds on February 2nd & we are hoping to raise as much money for Cancer Research as possible. I am sure this charity is dear to many peoples hearts & most of us have known someone that has been taken from us by this disease.

We are holding a raffle on the evening & we are looking for prizes, so if any of you would be kind enough to donate any it would be very much appreciated & you would get a HUGE KISS from me. I know what a kind hearted bunch you are.

Thanks

Kirstyx

Social source share

• Replies 156
  • Views 9.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

You probably all remember that earlier this year my old mod friend Gillian died from cancer. We have organised a charity do in her memory in Leeds on February 2nd & we are hoping to raise as much money for Cancer Research as possible. I am sure this charity is dear to many peoples hearts & most of us have known someone that has been taken from us by this disease.

We are holding a raffle on the evening & we are looking for prizes, so if any of you would be kind enough to donate any it would be very much appreciated & you would get a HUGE KISS from me. I know what a kind hearted bunch you are.

Thanks

Kirstyx

Kirsty, I did read the thread and having lost two members of immediate and close family in the last three years - I can appreciate your sentiments. Please pm me your details and I will arrange for something to be sent to you.

keep well Mark.

Edited by hold tight
Social source share

Of course I'll organise something (tell me nearer the time what you'd like) - and will also try to attend.

As a would be raffle prize, I will try to persuade Michael to allow himself to be auctioned for an hour of naked housework....

Social source share

Of course I'll organise something (tell me nearer the time what you'd like) - and will also try to attend.

As a would be raffle prize, I will try to persuade Michael to allow himself to be auctioned for an hour of naked housework....

hi Kirsty

you could always raffle the georgeous george a d make sure i won it :lol:

Social source share

Hi Kirsty - Your details please.

If you want to do an auction - I am involved in organising charity events in the past(For meningitis UK) and would be willing to be the auctioneer( I am naturally a gobby person- but well intentioned)

Lost my dad 5 years ago to Cancer and my mom 2 months ago

Is it a soul doo you are organising?

Regards Steve

Social source share

Thanks for all your replies, am amazed at the response so far.

Ernie, it is a soul/mod do that we are organising, Gillians family are going to attend too. We were just thinking of having a raffle with raffle prizes. Steve Lane & Hold Tight, thanks you soo, soo much, will send you my address & a huge kiss. Kirsty, thanks for the offer of half an hour of Michael doing housework naked, we'll have that as the star prize/booby prize, delete as appropiate :lol:

Ezzie, thanks a lot, I will hopefully be getting some raffle tickets in advance, so if anyone wants to buy them in advance that would be smashing. You are all a lovely bunch, I know that Gills family will be deeply touched :lol:

Kx

Social source share

Thanks for all your replies, am amazed at the response so far.

Ernie, it is a soul/mod do that we are organising, Gillians family are going to attend too. We were just thinking of having a raffle with raffle prizes. Steve Lane & Hold Tight, thanks you soo, soo much, will send you my address & a huge kiss. Kirsty, thanks for the offer of half an hour of Michael doing housework naked, we'll have that as the star prize/booby prize, delete as appropiate :lol:

Ezzie, thanks a lot, I will hopefully be getting some raffle tickets in advance, so if anyone wants to buy them in advance that would be smashing. You are all a lovely bunch, I know that Gills family will be deeply touched :lol:

Kx

How about cash donations Kirsty, if you have an address i would willingly make a donation, good luck and best wishes :lol:

Bearsy

Social source share

How about cash donations Kirsty, if you have an address i would willingly make a donation, good luck and best wishes :lol:

Bearsy

Thats really kind of you Bearsy, you can either do that or buy raffle tickets nearer the time, you never know you might win Kirstys (the other one) hubby doing your housework naked for half an hour :lol::lol:

Let me know which you would prefer :lol:

Kx

Social source share

Thats really kind of you Bearsy, you can either do that or buy raffle tickets nearer the time, you never know you might win Kirstys (the other one) hubby doing your housework naked for half an hour :lol::lol:

Let me know which you would prefer :lol:

Kx

Definately a donation Kirsty as knowing my luck i would win :(

keep us all informed and keep this thread up near the top too if we can :lol:

Social source share

Definately a donation Kirsty as knowing my luck i would win :lol:

keep us all informed and keep this thread up near the top too if we can :lol:

Am sure one of the SSLAAS would take him off your hands if you did, Bogue perhaps :lol:

Will pm you my address :lol:

Kx

Social source share

I tell you what, I am absolutely gobsmacked by the response, only put this request up this morning & I have been flooded with donations, it's is soooo good of you all, it warms my heart it really does.

When I have rounded up all the prizes up, I'll be listing them on here with a very big thank you from me & all of Gills friends & family.

Karen & Rob, a special thank you, one of the reasons I go to Brid, I know you're not in it for the money, will send you by address if you havent already got it :lol: .

Kx

Social source share

Hi Kirsty,

would like to offer proceeds from Soul View magazine (issue #4) which will be out January 2008 (or thereabouts?), will give more details nearer the time and anyone purchasing by cheques/p.o.'s can make them out to the charity, let me know who to make payment to.

All the very best with that.

David Miller

Social source share

Thanks David & thanks to everyone who has sent me a pm with their really kind donations, most of which have had a little story to tell. I've been deeply moved & not afraid to say have shed a tear or two this afternoon, it just makes all the bickering & moaning on here pail into insignificance (is that how you spell it). Keep them coming, at this rate, my wont need any dj's (not that we havent got loads offering to do it) as the whole night will be spent drawing the raffle :D If I forget to pm anyone back I apologise, thank you so, so much.

Love you all, well most of you :D

Kx

Social source share

Thanks

Kirstyx

hi hun what a fine bunch ov folk we av on here goin really well hun and i hope them tears are gunna stop, i no how well pleased u are at the response and i think this is just the start. would put myself up for the raffle as the main prize but i dont think you would sell the tickets or i could offer the very first pic you took ov me as a booby prize lol so i will offer money hun :ohmy:

BIG THANX TO ALL YOUR VERY KIND souldancer

Social source share

hi hun what a fine bunch ov folk we av on here goin really well hun and i hope them tears are gunna stop, i no how well pleased u are at the response and i think this is just the start. would put myself up for the raffle as the main prize but i dont think you would sell the tickets or i could offer the very first pic you took ov me as a booby prize lol so i will offer money hun :lol:

BIG THANX TO ALL YOUR VERY KIND souldancer

No the tears havent stopped, the pm's keep pouring in, you saw what I was like earlier, overwhelmed aint the word.

Maybe you could offer to fix peoples steps if they put their foot through it :ohmy: Thanxs for the offer of money,hun,maybe you could pay me not to show anyone that photo :lol: Looks like this is going to be one hell of a long raffle draw with the amount of prizes that have been offered.

Thanks once again, you dont know how much this means to me, you kind hearted people.

Kx

Social source share

hi kirsty send adderess we will make a donation from all at east kirkby miners welfare

Thanks a lot, pm on it's way. You aint raffling your baggies are you :ohmy:

Kx

Social source share

Thanks

Kirstyx

Hi Kirsty,

Please pm me your details, unfortunately we won't be able to get to the venue but we know how important raising money for the cancer charities as we run an annual event and in the four years we have been running it we have relied on the rare soul family to raise alot of well needed funds, to do a charity night in memory of Gillian makes it even more emotional and important, so we will be pleased to donate either prizes or money and we really hope it's a great night although sad and in the process successful.

Regards

Alan & Judi

Social source share

Hi Kirsty,

Please pm me your details, unfortunately we won't be able to get to the venue but we know how important raising money for the cancer charities as we run an annual event and in the four years we have been running it we have relied on the rare soul family to raise alot of well needed funds, to do a charity night in memory of Gillian makes it even more emotional and important, so we will be pleased to donate either prizes or money and we really hope it's a great night although sad and in the process successful.

Regards

Alan & Judi

Thanks Alan & Judi for your kind words & donation, will send you my details. Would like to wish you success with your annual event, good on you, keep it up. Am in North Wales next month for the Amwlch niter, if you are there say hello :ohmy:

Kx

Social source share

For those of you that have asked, I have tried to put the link for cash donations. I aint right good at these things & have failed miserably, I can email it to people though. Otherwise it is on the cancer research webpage, the In Memory part, under Gillian Hawkshaw. A big thanks to Nick for sorting all this out as I wont have a clue where to start!

Kx

Edited by KirstyM
Social source share

So far I have had 15 prizes promised, how smashing are you lot :thumbsup:

Those who have asked should have my address by now, if you havent let me know.

Thanks once again, feel free to keep them coming :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

So far I have had 15 prizes promised, how smashing are you lot :thumbsup:

Those who have asked should have my address by now, if you havent let me know.

Thanks once again, feel free to keep them coming :g:

Kx

hey love

what kind of things have you had offered? don't want to double up if I can help it, would rather get you something a little different if possible. AND have you got a date and venue yet?

ta

Social source share

hey love

what kind of things have you had offered? don't want to double up if I can help it, would rather get you something a little different if possible. AND have you got a date and venue yet?

ta

Some people havent specified what they are sending, have just asked me for my address & said they would send a prize. The others have been tickets for soul dos, nighters & wekenders. Hey, maybe we could offer to play a game of twister with one lucky winner :g: Or your bunny outfit?

The date is Saturday February 2nd at Coco Bar in leeds City Centre, it is mainly our old mod club who are deejaying, Mark Ellis, Paul Molloy,etc, with me on the door not letting them past until they have bought some raffle tickets laugh.gif

Am sure you will come up with some original :thumbsup:

Thanks honey.

Kx

Social source share

Hey got couple of "Store Stock "Kev Robert's Top 500 Hard Backs... shhh.gif

Let me know where to send?

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Richard, will pm you my address, will have them as the star prize :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

Some people havent specified what they are sending, have just asked me for my address & said they would send a prize. The others have been tickets for soul dos, nighters & wekenders. Hey, maybe we could offer to play a game of twister with one lucky winner :ohmy: Or your bunny outfit?

The date is Saturday February 2nd at Coco Bar in leeds City Centre, it is mainly our old mod club who are deejaying, Mark Ellis, Paul Molloy,etc, with me on the door not letting them past until they have bought some raffle tickets :lol:

Am sure you will come up with some original :yes:

Thanks honey.

Kx

yer the bunnie outfit i would look gud dancin in that not as gud as kirsty tho :lol:
Social source share

Guest outonthefloor

I lost my brother to cancer on his 40th birthday,

PM me with details will def donate a raffle prize or donation or wotever u think will help

Helen

XX

Social source share

Thanks

Kirstyx

Hi Kirsty, I understand why its like to lose loved/close ones to cancer, pm me your contact details where to send and any idea what is suitable, k

Social source share

Karen I have sent you a pm, thanks. Also big thanks to Mike for offering to put a banner up on here.

I tell you what when I posted up this topic I thought I would possibly get one or two prizes, but I have been absolutely astounded by the response. I have actually lost count, but I think I have been offered about 20 prizes. Just got home today & there are 2 parcels to pick up from the post office, the first of my prizes, thanks to whoever that was :(

I have been offered some flipping great ones too, these include:

2 TICKETS TO EVERY SINGLE MIDDLETON NEXT YEAR

2 TICKETS FOR EVERY SINGLE EMPRESS BALLROOM NEXT YEAR

2 TICKETS FOR BRIDLINGTON WEEKENDER.

The full list will be going up as soon as I receive everything in & the big kisses will be dished out whenever I bump into you kind people. I am going to be selling raffle tickets when I am out & about from December if anyone wants to buy them from me, I know a few of you have asked, will be at CIS & Amwlch Niters, the prizes are pretty amazing.

So once again THANK YOU :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

Karen I have sent you a pm, thanks. Also big thanks to Mike for offering to put a banner up on here.

I tell you what when I posted up this topic I thought I would possibly get one or two prizes, but I have been absolutely astounded by the response. I have actually lost count, but I think I have been offered about 20 prizes. Just got home today & there are 2 parcels to pick up from the post office, the first of my prizes, thanks to whoever that was :lol:

I have been offered some flipping great ones too, these include:

2 TICKETS TO EVERY SINGLE MIDDLETON NEXT YEAR

2 TICKETS FOR EVERY SINGLE EMPRESS BALLROOM NEXT YEAR

2 TICKETS FOR BRIDLINGTON WEEKENDER.

The full list will be going up as soon as I receive everything in & the big kisses will be dished out whenever I bump into you kind people. I am going to be selling raffle tickets when I am out & about from December if anyone wants to buy them from me, I know a few of you have asked, will be at CIS & Amwlch Niters, the prizes are pretty amazing.

So once again THANK YOU :P

Kx

Kirsty,

am going to ask Billy to donate one of his "BILLY" shirts - preferably the one with "DON'T IT MAKE YA FEEL FUNKY" on the back (don't think he needs it any more after the funk topic on All About The Soul!) Seriously, will arrange for something to be done at this end (Norfolk)

Best

Mark Chamberlin

Social source share

Kirsty,

am going to ask Billy to donate one of his "BILLY" shirts - preferably the one with "DON'T IT MAKE YA FEEL FUNKY" on the back (don't think he needs it any more after the funk topic on All About The Soul!) Seriously, will arrange for something to be done at this end (Norfolk)

Best

Mark Chamberlin

Thanks Mark, send you a pm :lol:

Kx

Social source share

Thanks

Kirstyx

I'll send a set of "The Northern Soul Story" 4 x CD's plus some Be Cool Publishing Northern Soul books if you PM your address Kirsty.

Best,

Ian D

Social source share

Thanks a lot Ian, pm on its way.

Had some brill offers, including a weekend in the lakes for one lucky winner, how good is that thumbsup.gif

I must go, I have prizes to collect from the post office, spoke to one of the lasses I am organising this do with & you couldnt believe the response.

Love you all

Kx

Social source share

Hi Kirsty

Will send you 2 passes to the United Sound of Soul anniversary in March, pm me your address and will get it sorted.

Good luck with this lost my Dad 9 years ago to cancer.

Hope to see you soon.

Luv Sharon

Thanks honey, have send you a pm.

Received some Kev Roberts books & the Empress Ballroom tickets this morning, so big thank you to Ghosty (Richard) & Joy & the soulcrew team :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

My namesake has kindly offered to sell some tickets for me too when she is out & about.

We both have completely different personalities, I remember her raising some money for charity at The Wilton once, she has ways of extracting money from people :thumbsup::D

Anyway, thanks a lot Kirsty, so the 2 Kirsty's will be at a venue near you very soon, flashing our raffle books :thumbsup:

Kx

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert