John Manship Finishing Prices 14th November

Jim G

Here you go!

Jackie Beavers - I Need My Baby c/w A Love That Never Grows Cold - Revilot £1985

Epsilons - Mind in A Bind - Hem £292

Lenny Curtis - Nothing Can Help You Now c/w Who You Gonna Run To - End £984

Don & Debbie - I Can Be Happy - Amos promo £249

Barbara St Clair - Teacherman - Crosseyed Bear £469

Candy + the Kisses - Mr Creator - Kent Town £58

J. C. Davies - Buttered Popcorn c/w Coconut Brown - New Day £126

Sam Most - Plop-Plop Boom c/w Jungle Fantasy - Bell promo £94

Cal Green and the Specials - I'll Give You Just A Little More Time - Filmtown £469

Channel 3 - The Sweetest Thing c/w Someone Else's Arms - Dakar £261

Chuck Jackson - What's With This Lonelness - Kent £162

Little Luther (aka Luther Thomas) - 1. Upset The Town b/w Sweet Pea + 2. Who Slipped Out - Beltone Acetates x 2 £101

De-lites - Lover - Cuppy £1565

New Yorkers - Don't Want To Be Your Fool - Tag-ful £408

Edited by jim g
Social source share

• Replies 39
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

One of your favourites then Martin? :unsure: Just keep saying to yuourself "it's Spyro Gyra really" and you'll feel a lot better....I'll ask JM to spin it at Bedford for ya :lol:

"The King has no clothes on"............if i want to go to a disco I'll let you know Dan. :shades:

Social source share

I think he's had to sell his bike to pay for the Chuck Jackson!

We always focus on whats gone for higher than expected prices, sometimes I am more interested in what if anything has gone at lower than expected price.

You don't see the Epsilons around that much and I would have expected it to go for more on one of John's auctions.

Be interested if others agree or if I'm wrong for a change!!

Social source share

Candy + the Kisses - Mr Creator - Kent Town £58

I gave this away for nothing not that long ago, not bad but prefer the Apollas version personally.

Simon

Social source share

sweet jesus, i just sold my lenny curtis for half that price ... *kicking myself in the head*

Two things to make you feel better Kevin:

1) you sold it for the correct price

2) I sold my first copy for £5 in 1982 - even with inflation that only equates to about £100 today if that. Last one I had about 4 years back, I sold for £350.

this record is vastly overpriced, it's worth maybe £450. Because of these ridiculous auction prices, people start thinking that these are the prices they should be asking as it's the true value, and it's not.

Social source share

If you like it Simon there is one for sale HERE

Ive always liked it Martin I bought it for £2.50 from Soul Bowl , I seem to remember Pro Fasination and Tony Troutman in the same order :lol: three nice yellow lables there I thought :lol: ... Your taste seems to be like my 60's Mod mates , but you dont look as old as them ? :lol:

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

no kidding. i really want to know who these people are that are paying so much for these records? dont they knows its making it bad for all of us? not as dealers, but simply as people who want to be able to afford records that they love so much they have to have. i seriously cannot see any reason for anyone to pay almost 2k for lenny curtis ... its a great record, but cummon!!

2) I sold my first copy for £5 in 1982 - even with inflation that only equates to about £100 today if that. Last one I had about 4 years back, I sold for £350.

this record is vastly overpriced, it's worth maybe £450. Because of these ridiculous auction prices, people start thinking that these are the prices they should be asking as it's the true value, and it's not.

Social source share

no kidding. i really want to know who these people are that are paying so much for these records? dont they knows its making it bad for all of us? not as dealers, but simply as people who want to be able to afford records that they love so much they have to have. i seriously cannot see any reason for anyone to pay almost 2k for lenny curtis ... its a great record, but cummon!!

Kevin,

Don't understand the comment " seriously cannot see any reason for anyone to pay almost 2k for lenny curtis" ????

The finishing price was 984.00 not £1984 perhaps you looked at it quickly.

John

Social source share

Guest Spinning Vinyl

Kevin,

Don't understand the comment " seriously cannot see any reason for anyone to pay almost 2k for lenny curtis" ????

John

I think he was talking s John!

You also graded your copy at VG I think Kev so you did ok :wicked:

I also think a copy was sold on Pat Bradys auction a few weeks back for over £1100 !!!!!!

Edited by Spinning Vinyl
Social source share

Kevin,

John

Hey John, wonder how much i'd get for my white End label (styrene) re-press (70s?)...it's even in a genuine End sleeve??? Great sound quality....are these (boots?) rare?

Social source share

Hey John, wonder how much i'd get for my white End label (styrene) re-press (70s?)...it's even in a genuine End sleeve??? Great sound quality....are these (boots?) rare?

Just checked our data over the last 8 years we've had 5 original Lenny Curtis's for sale and only ONE white demo bootleg.. yes it surprised me too.

The white's are boots, the END sleeve is great worth @ least a fiver! you'd, maybe get up to £40 on the boot.. but the recent horrid End 001 bootlegs have diminished the demand for it.

Social source share

Just checked our data over the last 8 years we've had 5 original Lenny Curtis's for sale and only ONE white demo bootleg.. yes it surprised me too.

The white's are boots, the END sleeve is great worth @ least a fiver! you'd, maybe get up to £40 on the boot.. but the recent horrid End 001 bootlegs have diminished the demand for it.

Thanks for that John, a wealth of information as usual :wicked:

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't it have a crack in it Pete or it jumped or something ?

If I'm talking outa me backside don't be too harsh I'm an old man & me mind is fuddled wacko.gif

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

hey john -

meant 2000 dollars. just kidding with you really ... bitter i didnt get as much for mine :P

Kevin,

John

Social source share

Don & Debbie - I Can Be Happy - Amos promo £249

Channel 3 - The Sweetest Thing c/w Someone Else's Arms - Dakar £261

In favour of Mr M...............aren't these two 45's above a good deal?

I've seen D & D go for £500+ and just how many copies of Channel 3 black issues (with the brill B side) have you ever seen?

imho bargains are still around (even at a JM auction!!!)

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert