Nick Hackett

• Replies 7
  • Views 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I agree with Pete, you got yourself an original there Nick. I don't think Checker spent much money on producing quality pressings, I've got a few others in less than desirable condition.

The records he made for Chess post-55 all sold well enough to get them cheap now, this one i would guess around a tenner. His pre-55 stuff on the other hand are much harder to get.

Social source share

sounds like green onions to me!

Yes that's because Sonny Boy Williamson heard Green Onions in 1962 and decided to borrow its riff for his 1963 release of Help Me. of course in Bluesland they believe it was Sonny Boy who was ripped off by Booker T. Thus ignoring Sonny Boy's (or Aleck Rice Miller as he was known to his family) habit of "borrowing" other things. Like taking his name from the original Sonny Boy Williamson a younger blues man born John Lee Curtis Williamson.

Anyway Help Me is still a great record.

Social source share

Guest topcatnumpty1

First record played by Roger Eagle at The FIRST Wheel All nighter(Brazennose ST.) ACCORDING TO THE BOOK --"CENTRAL 1179"-- always loved it whatever--real R,N, B???

Tony C.

Yes that's because Sonny Boy Williamson heard Green Onions in 1962 and decided to borrow its riff for his 1963 release of Help Me. of course in Bluesland they believe it was Sonny Boy who was ripped off by Booker T. Thus ignoring Sonny Boy's (or Aleck Rice Miller as he was known to his family) habit of "borrowing" other things. Like taking his name from the original Sonny Boy Williamson a younger blues man born John Lee Curtis Williamson.

Anyway Help Me is still a great record.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert