Re Activisation Of Oldies

Ezzie Brown

============

absolutely bang on brian

trouble is mate,,doing a forgotten oldies spot is like doing a newies spot if u have a room full of punters who dont go very often..

you have to rely on the odd one striking a cord with someone and the word spreading

this has worked for me at the Marrs Barr allniter where ive managed to pull a few from forgotten obscurity...lost family,little beaver.jackie edwards and indeed the paramounts etc...plus a few of my instrumentals of course!

I prefer the Paramounts B side myself ( think its called I won't share your love ) - too early for me to recall without my box in front of me - Jackie Edwards never died in Wolves I don't think Mark !! - may well see you at Middleton tonight, look out for Del :unsure:

Wulfie

Social source share

• Replies 108
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest vinylvixen

Don't get me wrong - i love to hear a reactivation but like i've said before it doesn't just depend where you go or what part of the country you're in but who's playing it i.e Butch playing Hold on help is on the way - G Davis/R Tyler at Jacks - would it have been accepted if anyone else had played it ?????

Well me and Val have never been stoned to death by an irate crowd when we've stuck it on.....good to see Butch is following our shining example of polishing the dust off this record and playing this stunning instrumental :unsure::ohmy::ohmy: Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Tower of Power - So Very Hard

Just a few favourites of mine :unsure:

Never heard this played out...bought this on release on UK WB when I was working in a record shop....it still kills me every time :ohmy: Jo

Social source share

Guest soul99 easylay

I just know in the next few weeks Ill get a tap on the shoulder from some one saying why are you dancing to blah, this is an 'oldie'....& it'll probably be you :( .

Russ

Now I know what you look like I will Russ, yes! :P:yes:

...I just hope you don't find me dancing to any of that silly modern soul stuff appears to be rather popular :g: (although it has been known if I've had few too many sherberts and am getting over excited) :D:unsure:

Social source share

Well me and Val have never been stoned to death by an irate crowd when we've stuck it on.....good to see Butch is following our shining example of polishing the dust off this record and playing this stunning instrumental :lol::lol:laugh.gif Jo

On a personal note I actually quite like the track and always have :lol::wicked: - incidentally it was at the 1st 100 club Jacks when he spun it.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert