White Label Promo Album

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a white label promo album of 'The Originals - Down to love town' would be worth and is it rare or not? The cat number is STML 12054. I know the general release album is not that rare and not worth too much, just with it being a promo copy. It has a plain white label and a plain paper sleeve. had it years actually but just curious.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

• Replies 3
  • Views 812
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anyone give me an idea of how much a white label promo album of 'The Originals - Down to love town' would be worth and is it rare or not? The cat number is STML 12054. I know the general release album is not that rare and not worth too much, just with it being a promo copy. It has a plain white label and a plain paper sleeve. had it years actually but just curious.

Thanks for any help.

Sadly mate, with some honourable exceptions, my dearly beloved soul source brethren are heathens when it comes to LP's ....

However, to answer your question , a serious Motown collector might pay up a little, but otherwise same as a stock issue.

Nice LP though, regardless of value. Great group too of course !

Social source share

Also worth noting that the UK white-label promo-only 12" of the Originals "Down To Love Town" is a different mix from the US 12". I think the UK pressed up the album version and put it on the promo 12", so that's definitely an oddball rarity......

Ian D

Thank you for that peeps, there is a realy nice northern tune on the album 'Hurry up and wait', actually better than the title track. So it's worth keeping anyway.

There is one track that is only on an album that i absolutely adore, I'm sure that Ian D will know it, and I'm sure it did get played once or twice in the early days, Mecca I think. It's by 'Dionne Warwick' and it's called 'Once you hit the road' on the 'Track of the cat' album. What a supurb track it is and one of my 'unknown' favorites of all time. Does anyone know of it?

Edited by steveluigi
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert