• Replies 16
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hi any one got a copy they are willing to part with pm me please

b good shaun :thumbsup:

Yep great record really rate it and play it out quite a bit , dont want to part with mine but incase you did'nt know it had a UK as well as US realease on MGM think they fetch roughly the same although unless your lucky dont think you will find one for a tenner :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest shaunmarie

hi jem totally agree with you sweet tune its one ive over looked :thumbsup:

heard it the other day and just had to get one

hopefully someones got one kickin around

b good shaun :rolleyes:

Social source share

A great example of a class tune that a lot of people had for years and no one played, a crisp production that still stands up today (good old MGM) and nice to see it getting exposure these days.

I used to play this at sitc (old blue last days) & I'm sure that many would have played it in the small clubs around the country where cost wasn't the main factor in playlists, :lol: (which is probably why it was never a BIG sound - too common) yet another buy in the 70s from the marvelous Cheapos Cheapos market stall in Berwick Street :no:

Social source share

I used to play this at sitc (old blue last days) & I'm sure that many would have played it in the small clubs around the country where cost wasn't the main factor in playlists, :lol: (which is probably why it was never a BIG sound - too common) yet another buy in the 70s from the marvelous Cheapos Cheapos market stall in Berwick Street :no:

I think you know that I meant it wasn't a big record Dave :g: , I'll choose my words more carefully next time.

I paid 5p for mine btw. :)

Edited by Barry
Social source share

I think you know that I meant it wasn't a big record Dave :) , I'll choose my words more carefully next time.

I paid 5p for mine btw. :D

Yeah sorry mate wasn't having a pop or anything :lol: it's just one of the many great sounds that you can get away with mid-week that you would never hear out at a BIG do.

5p ??? :no: I knew i was being ripped off by either Croasdell/Clarkie or Rounce ....I would have paid at least 25p for mine ....gutted :g:

Social source share

Any brave souls out there ever considered giving his "You never know" on MGM a spin out? Always was a fave of mine, from the moment I heard it on one of Roger Banks's lovingly put together tapes.

I know it's in the "too cheap to play" category, but what a tune from a man sadly remembered by many for his cod-reggae hits. The guy had skip loads more talent than these suggested IMHO. Johnny Nash revival anyone?

Social source share

Yeah sorry mate wasn't having a pop or anything :no: it's just one of the many great sounds that you can get away with mid-week that you would never hear out at a BIG do.

5p ??? :g: I knew i was being ripped off by either Croasdell/Clarkie or Rounce ....I would have paid at least 25p for mine ....gutted :)

It's a classic 'I wish I could go back' story Dave - I worked in a small village record shop in 1980 and there was a rack with about 2000+ US sevens in it, 5p each or 25 for a quid - the stuff I got out of there (rolling forward 25 years) was ridiculous.

I just remember a lot of it being too 'rough sounding' for my youthful soulie ears at the time. :lol::D

Social source share

Guest Dirk Tiggler

Talking of Johnny Nash has anyone ever heard 'Falling in & out of love' played out at any time? I found a copy in my father in laws loft belonging to my wife. I remember the record when it was released but never heard it at any do's anywhere. Regards Ade

Social source share

Guest shaunmarie

HI SORRY AINT ADDING OWT TO THE REPLYS COMPUTORS BEEN DOWN :shhh: I KNOW ITS CONSIDERED A CHEAP RECORD BY MANY BUT THE FACT STANDS HOW MANY EXPENSIVE TUNES HAVE YOU HEARD AND THOUGHT " HOW MUCH !! GET IT OFF " NICE DANCEABLE TUNE SHOULD BE PLAYED OUT MORE thumbsup.gif

B GOOD SHAUN

Social source share

I used to play this at sitc (old blue last days) & I'm sure that many would have played it in the small clubs around the country where cost wasn't the main factor in playlists, whistling.gif (which is probably why it was never a BIG sound - too common) yet another buy in the 70s from the marvelous Cheapos Cheapos market stall in Berwick Street :shhh:

It was quite "big", indemand and receievd plays in Germany during the very early nineties along another very nice midtempo group mover on the very same label...whose title I just can`t remember now :huh:

Social source share

Source Advert