Phil Worral In Derby City Hospital

Guest Caroline Gration

Guest Caroline Gration

Just to let all of Phil's many friends know that I went to see him in hospital.

Despite being heavily sedated, Phil was still able to crack some rather abstract but hilarious jokes. However, it was a very moving experience to see him so ill and alone. I passed on messages from Adam B, Amanda, Byrney, Chalky, Dean, Guy, Martyn M, Robin, Trina, Tony, Val and everyone else! (I don't think he took in many of the verbal felicitations I passed on from well wishers.)

Just to set the record straight, Phil had a seizure he had at the party, as opposed to a heart attack. Phil will be in hospital until the weekend (could be longer), and will be under continued sedation for the next day or so. Due to the medication, he was only aware of so much today, (I stupidly took a photo album in to show him, which was a bit of a waste of time as he kept asking me to get on his boat and tried to order a takeaway from me) - so if anyone wants to visit, perhaps Thursday onwards would be better.

Rather than hijack Guy's party lookback, and rain on his parade - I thought I'd post this here. If any of Phil's friends want to know more details, please don't hesitate to either phone or PM me. As you all know, Phil is a very private and dignified man and would go nuts if he knew I was going into specifics! When he comes round he really will benefit from any cards, visits, flowers etc. You might want to write something under this, and then I can print it off for him.

He is such a lovely, caring man, and a true one off.

His hospital address is,

Ward 30

Derby City Hospital,

Uttoxeter Road,

Derby,

DE22 3NE

01332 340131

Visiting 2-4pm and 6-8pm

Thanks,

Caroline x

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Nice one Caroline, I'm sure many of us on here appreciate your efforts. I'm sending something today but if you do print this off..

"GET WELL SOON, MONTY"....In Loughborough when we first got to know him in about '83/'84 we used to call him Monty Carlo Phil - because he always seemed to be going on these mad escapades around Europe...Monty Carlo included. You are a true character - hope you are on your feet again soon.

Social source share

Despite being heavily sedated, Phil was still able to crack some rather abstract but hilarious jokes.

Phil, abstract jokes you say, nah - I'm not having that :ohmy:

I'm hoping to get in to see Phil in the next few days but I'm off work at the mo with ..erm.. "man flu" as Mrs Byrne calls it.

So If you get to read this before I pop in to annoy you, chin up lad, our mob are thinking of you: Dean, Kitch, Julia, Dave Taylor and myself amongst others send their thoughts and best for a speedy recovery.

Cheers mate

Byrney (Bernie)

Social source share

Phil, abstract jokes you say, nah - I'm not having that :ohmy:

I'm hoping to get in to see Phil in the next few days but I'm off work at the mo with ..erm.. "man flu" as Mrs Byrne calls it.

So If you get to read this before I pop in to annoy you, chin up lad, our mob are thinking of you: Dean, Kitch, Julia, Dave Taylor and myself amongst others send their thoughts and best for a speedy recovery.

Cheers mate

Byrney (Bernie)

Must give a big plus to the emergency services who were there in double quick time and possibly prevented Phil's condition from getting worse. Our thoughts are with Phil and hope he's gets on the mend a.s.a.p.

Chuddy

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Only just seen this as I couldnt get to guys shindig....

I hope he gets well saw him a few years ago......HEY PHIL........TAKE IT EASY MAN...... :rolleyes:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert