Oliver Christian Dissatisfied Man

I have a copy of this, which incidentally I really like, but including the one up on ebay at the mo & a friends copy, mine is the only other I have seen & its slightly different, all the label details are the same with regards credits etc, but the font on the 'Legrand' logo is smaller & altho its difficult to tell exactly cos my label is slightly faded, my colour looks lighter. I have it on very good authority that in 1982 when Frank Guida was shutting his shop down on Church St in Norfolk, VA, he was literally giving these away by the box full, one local dealer had so many that when he moved house he junked nearly all of them for the space, so i would find it hard to beleive they would have done a second press, also even if the funk guys had done a reissue I would be suprised if it would have ended up where I found my copy.............any ideas & can anyone confirm the existence of a different label design or am I going bonkers ??

BTW Regardless of the above statement this is pretty hard these days, spose most were ditched ?.

Here's the link to the one on ebay.

https://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/bf/c3/2d83_2.JPG

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have a copy of this, which incidentally I really like, but including the one up on ebay at the mo & a friends copy, mine is the only other I have seen & its slightly different, all the label details are the same with regards credits etc, but the font on the 'Legrand' logo is smaller & altho its difficult to tell exactly cos my label is slightly faded, my colour looks lighter. I have it on very good authority that in 1982 when Frank Guida was shutting his shop down on Church St in Norfolk, VA, he was literally giving these away by the box full, one local dealer had so many that when he moved house he junked nearly all of them for the space, so i would find it hard to beleive they would have done a second press, also even if the funk guys had done a reissue I would be suprised if it would have ended up where I found my copy.............any ideas & can anyone confirm the existence of a different label design or am I going bonkers ??

BTW Regardless of the above statement this is pretty hard these days, spose most were ditched ?.

Here's the link to the one on ebay.

https://i20.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/bf/c3/2d83_2.JPG

Russ

Mine's the same as the Ebay one Russ.

Jordi

Social source share

I've had a few of these in the past (typical, you look for something for ages and then you find yourself with 3 in the space of 5 months...) and they've all been the purple label ones. From memory this shares the same Catalogue number as the Elsie Strong - Girl Rated Triple X - maybe they decided to 'pull' the Christian (or vice versa). Doesn't explain the two label designs, though. Would the blue one be an 80's press...and if so, why! :ohmy::lol: Still a favourite - he sounds bloody miserable though :rolleyes:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Doesn't explain the two label designs, though. Would the blue one be an 80's press...and if so, why! :ohmy::lol: Still a favourite - he sounds bloody miserable though :rolleyes:

Not as miserbale as he looks as Kojak on the Oliver Christian LP. Now I know what Russ was doing when he should have been advancing the cause of naval history in Norfolk, Virginia.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert