Why's This So Expensive?

Pete S

• Replies 13
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

With an ID of hoelee123 I'd say there's a distinct pissabolity.. And since when has Oxfam been Ebaying records! :thumbsup:

Oxfam and many of the other charities now enlist the services of vinyl experts to look at any records they have had donated and have been listing them for a while. As part of her job my sister oversees a charity book shop but soemtimes they get people asking if they will take vinyl if she thinks it is worth looking at and not just junk they get it valued and on to ebay...............for some reason she doesn't let me any where near it. :lol:

QoFxx

Social source share

Oxfam and many of the other charities now enlist the services of vinyl experts to look at any records they have had donated and have been listing them for a while. As part of her job my sister oversees a charity book shop but soemtimes they get people asking if they will take vinyl if she thinks it is worth looking at and not just junk they get it valued and on to ebay...............for some reason she doesn't let me any where near it. :D

QoFxx

Your Right Chrissie

You should see our Oxfam "music" shop in West Bridgford, Notts. It's sooooo posh! They have all the records displayed in a refitted special room upstairs - there are collectable posters on the wall, and a deck to play stuff if you want to check it out. There's a whole lish mash of records - from 1920's stuff to punk to The Beatles etc. I went in the other week and couldn't believe some of the prices they were charging. But typical of West Bridgford there were plenty middle class poncy punters buying stuff cos they think it makes em trendy! :thumbsup:

Social source share

How can a VG copy of this below be £51 when it's hard enough to sell a mint one for £20 nowadays?

https://cgi.ebay.com/NORTHERN-SOUL-tune-up-...1QQcmdZViewItem

God Knows, if people do shit scary stuff like paying £100 for Johnny Styles, what can you say?

Think that guy who paid £81 for the Rotations boot was the best... its not as if the scan did not give it away, so one of his mates must have been bidding on it...

Everybody else on Ebay does it....

M

Social source share

i saw this and had to wonder...but thats ebay..sometimes you can pick something up dirt cheap but there are people who pay way over the top for things....perhaps they live miles away from any record shops and have yet to find dealers on the web.....makes me laugh at some of the records sellers describe as rare too..what/judy street on grapevine for instance.....also saw night owl boot starting at £20!...needless to say no bids

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert