• Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Dr Pickles

OHIO PLAYERS -YOU DONT MEAN IT - COMPASS

GREAT TUNE WHAT IS THE SCORE PLAYING IT OUT AS I BELIEVE IT WAS UNISSUED ANYBODY SHED ANY LIGHT ON THIS

Hope it was issued as I've got a copy :lol:

Ohio Players.... You Don't Mean It / Trespassin....Compass 7015

Great shuffler imho :no:

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/Ohio_Players_-_You_Don't_Mean_It.ram

Doc

Edited by Dr Pickles
Social source share

Hope it was issued as I've got a copy :lol:

Great shuffler imho :no:

Doc

wasnt sure i know its an lp track someone told me that it actually wasnt issued 45 so what the compass 45 is i dont know :D

Social source share

wasnt sure i know its an lp track someone told me that it actually wasnt issued 45 so what the compass 45 is i dont know :no:

That would be their version of 'Love Slipped Through My Fingers' LP only, never issued on a single.

'You dont mean it' on Compass is legit, fairly sure that they played the backing to Towanda Barnes version on A&M

Martyn

Social source share

That would be their version of 'Love Slipped Through My Fingers' LP only, never issued on a single.

'You dont mean it' on Compass is legit, fairly sure that they played the backing to Towanda Barnes version on A&M

Martyn

phew thanks for that :no: wont get a slagging for playing it on sat at destination soul someone you know who you are said that the towanda barnes version was the only legit tut tut 2 out of 10 see me

Social source share

phew thanks for that :no: wont get a slagging for playing it on sat at destination soul someone you know who you are said that the towanda barnes version was the only legit tut tut 2 out of 10 see me

It was the first version that I bought back in the mid seventies, as the Towanda Barnes one was the popular and harder to find one at the time, I prefer the Ohio Players version and have played it out a few times.

Their version of 'Love Slipped Through My Fingers' is nice, but the quality of the recording is not too good.

Play it without fear :lol:

Martyn

Social source share

Martyn

Oh Yes it was on a compass test press- Some on here has my old copy from the 70s

The- you dont mean it was their first record on the compass 7015 label out of New york(2nd one was -its acryin shame7018 - predominantly a soul label but had some 60s pop records as well

distributed in Uk either on London(helena ferguson) or Pye (Corby & Champagne)

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

Oh Yes it was on a compass test press- Some on here has my old copy from the 70s

Oh no it wasnt :rolleyes: (panto season sorry Earnie)

So was it an acetate, and what was the sound quality like ?

Reason I ask about the quality is I always remember the LP (or even CD version?) sounded pretty poor.

Martyn

Social source share

OHIO PLAYERS -YOU DONT MEAN IT - COMPASS

GREAT TUNE WHAT IS THE SCORE PLAYING IT OUT AS I BELIEVE IT WAS UNISSUED ANYBODY SHED ANY LIGHT ON THIS

It was issued on the Lp Ohio Players-16 greatest hits-on Trip 1976.

it's on vynal so blast it out, nice version of love slips thru my fingers.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert