Value Please

Guest rockcandy

Guest rockcandy

Your little Sister - The Marvelows - Flip The Shim Sham ABC Records

Midnight Johnny - Liz Lands Accomapinied by Temptations - Flip Keep Me Gordy WD

Kissing her & Crying for you - The Checkmates Ltd - Flip I can hear the rain Capitol

You've been leading me on - The Steinways - Flip My Hearts not in it any more Oliver Records

Rules - Gill Blanding - Flip La Ta Ta Ready Records

I'll never say goodbye - Vontastics - Flip Don't mess around Satellite WDJ

Sugar - Issonics - Flip He needs me Kammy

Social source share

• Replies 21
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Your little Sister - The Marvelows - Flip The Shim Sham ABC Records

Midnight Johnny - Liz Lands Accomapinied by Temptations - Flip Keep Me Gordy WD - £100.00

Kissing her & Crying for you - The Checkmates Ltd - Flip I can hear the rain Capitol - £125.00

You've been leading me on - The Steinways - Flip My Hearts not in it any more Oliver Records - £400.00 Demo/£300.00 Stock/Issue

Rules - Gill Blanding - Flip La Ta Ta Ready Records - £200.00

I'll never say goodbye - Vontastics - Flip Don't mess around Satellite WDJ - £150.00

Sugar - Issonics - Flip He needs me Kammy - £350.00

Values taken from John Manships 4th Edition price guide, remember as John states this is simply that a price guide and prices do change from time to time.

I sold a mint stock/issue copy of 'The Marvelows' a couple of months ago for £90.00 if that's any help.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Edited by Mark Bicknell
Social source share

Guest rockcandy

Values taken from John Manships 4th Edition price guide, remember as John states this is simply that a price guide and prices do change from time to time.

I sold a mint stock/issue copy of 'The Marvelows' a couple of months ago for £90.00 if that's any help.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark

Thanks for taking the trouble to give values on records as listed, much appreciated.

Regards

Paul :yes:

Social source share

Guest rockcandy

No problem but like I say these are guide prices.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Mark

I know this will sound cheeky & can assure you that JM's 4th edition price guide is definitely on my christmas list but until then have a few more tunes i would like a current value for, if you or anyone else can assist in this request it would be appreciated :rolleyes: tunes as follows;

The Sapphires - The Slow Fizz - Flip Our Love is everywhere ABC Paramount W/Promo

Doug Banks - I Just kept on Dancing - Flip Baby Since you went away ARGO

Roy Hamilton - You Shook me Up - Flip So High My Love RCA Victor W/D

Pat Thomas - I can't wait until I see my Baby's Face - Flip Long Long Night Verve Records

Rock Candy - Alone with no love - Flip I don't think i'll ever love another Dontee Records (inferior blue copy apparently!)

The Masqueraders - Do you love me Baby - Flip Sweet Lovin Woman Wand

Tommy Neal - Going to a Happening - Flip Tee Ta Vocalion (uk issue)

The Constellations - I did'nt know how to - Flip Popa Daddy Gemini Star Records

Dry Well - Gypsy - Flip Try a Little Tenderness Lauren Records

Cheryl Gray - You Don't Love me Anymore - Flip You made me what i am HMV Australian issue

Larry Williams & Johnny Watson - Too Late - Flip Two for the price of one OKEH

Eddie Holman - Eddie's My Name - Flip Dont Stop Now Parkway Records

The Cavaliers - Hold to My Baby - Flip Dance little Girl RCA Victor issue

The Gospel Classics - More Love that's what we need - Flip You Need Faith Chess UK issue

Wilson Pickett - Let me be your Boy - Flip My Heart Belongs to you CUB

Gwen Davis - My Man Dont Think I Know - Flip I cant be your part time Baby SS7

Moses Smith - The Girl Across the Street - Flip Hey Love (i wanna' Thank you) Dionn Records

Earl Grant - Hide Nor Hair - Flip I love you yes i do DECCA

Jackie Lee - Oh My Darlin - Flip Don't be ashamed Mirwood Records

The Parliaments - Heart Trouble - Flip That was my Girl Golden World

The Caesars - Girl i miss You - Flip Desperate for your affections Lanie Records

The Caesars - (LaLa) I Love you - Flip Get Yourself together Lanie Records

The Hit Pack - Never say no to your Baby - Flip Lets Dance SOUL

Oliver Norman - Drowning in my own Despair - Flip Down in the Basement Polydor UK issue

Johnnie & Joe - Let your mind do the Walking - Flip You'r the loveliest Song i Ever Heard J&S Records

Hal Miller - On my own Two Feet - Flip I still Care AMY Demo

Apologies, had'nt realised how long list was. :unsure:

Regards

Paul :lol:

Social source share

Mark

I know this will sound cheeky & can assure you that JM's 4th edition price guide is definitely on my christmas list but until then have a few more tunes i would like a current value for, if you or anyone else can assist in this request it would be appreciated :rolleyes: tunes as follows;

The Sapphires - The Slow Fizz - Flip Our Love is everywhere ABC Paramount W/Promo £85

Doug Banks - I Just kept on Dancing - Flip Baby Since you went away ARGO £150

Roy Hamilton - You Shook me Up - Flip So High My Love RCA Victor W/D £200

Pat Thomas - I can't wait until I see my Baby's Face - Flip Long Long Night Verve Records £75

Rock Candy - Alone with no love - Flip I don't think i'll ever love another Dontee Records (inferior blue copy apparently!) £50

The Masqueraders - Do you love me Baby - Flip Sweet Lovin Woman Wand £500

Tommy Neal - Going to a Happening - Flip Tee Ta Vocalion (uk issue)

The Constellations - I did'nt know how to - Flip Popa Daddy Gemini Star Records £150

Dry Well - Gypsy - Flip Try a Little Tenderness Lauren Records £100

Cheryl Gray - You Don't Love me Anymore - Flip You made me what i am HMV Australian issue

Larry Williams & Johnny Watson - Too Late - Flip Two for the price of one OKEH £75

Eddie Holman - Eddie's My Name - Flip Dont Stop Now Parkway Records £60

The Cavaliers - Hold to My Baby - Flip Dance little Girl RCA Victor issue £100

The Gospel Classics - More Love that's what we need - Flip You Need Faith Chess UK issue

Wilson Pickett - Let me be your Boy - Flip My Heart Belongs to you CUB £50

Gwen Davis - My Man Dont Think I Know - Flip I cant be your part time Baby SS7 £100

Moses Smith - The Girl Across the Street - Flip Hey Love (i wanna' Thank you) Dionn Records £75

Earl Grant - Hide Nor Hair - Flip I love you yes i do DECCA £40

Jackie Lee - Oh My Darlin - Flip Don't be ashamed Mirwood Records £30

The Parliaments - Heart Trouble - Flip That was my Girl Golden World £300

The Caesars - Girl i miss You - Flip Desperate for your affections Lanie Records £100

The Caesars - (LaLa) I Love you - Flip Get Yourself together Lanie Records £100/75

The Hit Pack - Never say no to your Baby - Flip Lets Dance SOUL £30

Oliver Norman - Drowning in my own Despair - Flip Down in the Basement Polydor UK issue

Johnnie & Joe - Let your mind do the Walking - Flip You'r the loveliest Song i Ever Heard J&S Records £20

Hal Miller - On my own Two Feet - Flip I still Care AMY Demo £150

Apologies, had'nt realised how long list was. :unsure:

Regards

Paul :lol:

All per JM's 4th edition. No prices on UK or non US stuff.

Social source share

Mark

I know this will sound cheeky & can assure you that JM's 4th edition price guide is definitely on my christmas list but until then have a few more tunes i would like a current value for, if you or anyone else can assist in this request it would be appreciated :thumbup: tunes as follows;

The Sapphires - The Slow Fizz - Flip Our Love is everywhere ABC Paramount W/Promo

Doug Banks - I Just kept on Dancing - Flip Baby Since you went away ARGO

Roy Hamilton - You Shook me Up - Flip So High My Love RCA Victor W/D

Pat Thomas - I can't wait until I see my Baby's Face - Flip Long Long Night Verve Records

Rock Candy - Alone with no love - Flip I don't think i'll ever love another Dontee Records (inferior blue copy apparently!)

The Masqueraders - Do you love me Baby - Flip Sweet Lovin Woman Wand

Tommy Neal - Going to a Happening - Flip Tee Ta Vocalion (uk issue) £30- £40 in m-

The Constellations - I did'nt know how to - Flip Popa Daddy Gemini Star Records

Dry Well - Gypsy - Flip Try a Little Tenderness Lauren Records

Cheryl Gray - You Don't Love me Anymore - Flip You made me what i am HMV Australian issue £30.00-£40 in m-

Larry Williams & Johnny Watson - Too Late - Flip Two for the price of one OKEH

Eddie Holman - Eddie's My Name - Flip Dont Stop Now Parkway Records

The Cavaliers - Hold to My Baby - Flip Dance little Girl RCA Victor issue

The Gospel Classics - More Love that's what we need - Flip You Need Faith Chess UK issue£150.00 in m-

Wilson Pickett - Let me be your Boy - Flip My Heart Belongs to you CUB

Gwen Davis - My Man Dont Think I Know - Flip I cant be your part time Baby SS7

Moses Smith - The Girl Across the Street - Flip Hey Love (i wanna' Thank you) Dionn Records

Earl Grant - Hide Nor Hair - Flip I love you yes i do DECCA

Jackie Lee - Oh My Darlin - Flip Don't be ashamed Mirwood Records

The Parliaments - Heart Trouble - Flip That was my Girl Golden World

The Caesars - Girl i miss You - Flip Desperate for your affections Lanie Records

The Caesars - (LaLa) I Love you - Flip Get Yourself together Lanie Records

The Hit Pack - Never say no to your Baby - Flip Lets Dance SOUL

Johnnie & Joe - Let your mind do the Walking - Flip You'r the loveliest Song i Ever Heard J&S Records

Hal Miller - On my own Two Feet - Flip I still Care AMY Demo

Apologies, had'nt realised how long list was. :D

Regards

Paul :shhh:

THINK THAT THIS WOULD BE REALISTIC GOING RATE FOR THESE AT PRESENT DEPENDING ON WHO WAS SELLING THEM :lol:

Edited by JEM
Social source share

Guest rockcandy

THINK THAT THIS WOULD BE REALISTIC GOING RATE FOR THESE AT PRESENT DEPENDING ON WHO WAS SELLING THEM :D

Jem

Thanks for info, any idea Oliver Norman? :thumbup:

Regards

Paul

Social source share

Guest rockcandy

hi, some nice tunes in that list, some off the prices stated are a little over the top imo

"pat thomas - long long night" awesome 45, oh so soulfull

have got a yellow demo/ black issue love it!!! value £40/£50 tops

just played flip of Pat Thomas & your right top tune, wish i had played it years ago :thumbup::D

cant really comment on current prices only that they bear little resemblance to what i paid some years ago :shhh:

Social source share

So whats the difference between price guide and value? How do we buy or sell records - According to value? or according to price guide!

I think it's a combination of what you want and what you can get for them, with the guide price alerting you to do a little research if your intended starting figure seems way 'off' the guide price :thumbsup: As you will see, prices often start at a certain level on the forums and are adjusted downwards where necessary.

Social source share

So whats the difference between price guide and value? How do we buy or sell records - According to value? or according to price guide!

I think we treat the price guides as simply that...an idea, guide to the selling price or have I got this wrong? of course demand on a tunes comes into it etc.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Jem

Thanks for info, any idea Oliver Norman? :thumbsup:

Regards

Paul

Pesonally havent seen one for ages , but when i was collecting British stuff many years ago it was always quite tough to get think i paid about £30.00 for a copy i had in the early eightes... havent seen it listed for ages but i would hazard a guess it would probably be worth £75 to £100 maybe a touch more and a demo more again i would think

Ref. points about price guides etc. in my own opinion they are almost out of date the minute they come out , nobodys fault its just that records go in and out of fashion on a monthly basis some times.

if you take a look at J.Ms latest price guide (and very good it is) some prices are way out considering what they make in his auction .....then on the other hand some of the run of the mill stuff is valued too high (again in my opinion)....i tend to look at Johns guide like this for the more run of the mill stuff. check the price and then take about 40% off which will usually be about right for what a record will fetch from a non dealer....not having a go at John or any other dealers .....hey they gotta earn a crust and in fairness the established ones usually gurantee nice condition records ... as already stated though at the end of the day the individual will pay as much as they feel, if they really want a record no matter what a guide or any body else says......so how much is a record worth? i suppose the definitive answer is as much as somebody is prepared to pay on the day....not helpful i know but true :D

Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi, I bought a demo of 'Marvelows' some years ago for about 40 uk pounds

Cheers!

Social source share

I'd have say this is worth £150 as apposed to £200

Rules - Gill Blanding - Flip La Ta Ta Ready Records - £200.00

mal:

Nice demo on here £100 the other day in good order aswell :thumbsup:

Social source share

Nice demo on here £100 the other day in good order aswell :thumbsup:

I paid about £80 for a near mint issue about a year back. I reckon £100 is actually a more accurate price, but that's the great thing about record prices - they're never set and if you end up putting stuff on ebay, sometimes you get less, and sometimes you get more than you originally asked :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert