Best Title's

Soulgrit

Hi, I dont know if this thread has been on before as I have only been a member of s/s for a couple of months.

I think I should have said hello when I joined, so here's a big Hello from me (a wee bit late, soz)

What would your best title be, whither it's for sentimental reasons, memories, funny's etc..

Mine would be: If you dont dig the blues (there's a hole in your soul) by the Trends.

For me it just say's it all.

Willie

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi, I dont know if this thread has been on before as I have only been a member of s/s for a couple of months.

I think I should have said hello when I joined, so here's a big Hello from me (a wee bit late, soz)

What would your best title be, whither it's for sentimental reasons, memories, funny's etc..

Mine would be: If you dont dig the blues (there's a hole in your soul) by the Trends.

Willie

"Santa Clause Please Listen To Me" - Artie Fullilove

Best,

Ian D

Social source share

Willie

I'm highly suspicious of - "(Let me be your) babysitter" - Duke Turner & the Chitowns :ohmy::lol::D

gary

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Oh behave Mal :thumbsup:

Another top title is - Put those bloody legs away Dave.

Dont know the artists, but heard lots of the Soul In The City Jocks announcing it. :D

Off topic.

Will I see you tomorrow at Audra's Dave?

Social source share

Another top title is - Put those bloody legs away Dave.

Dont know the artists, but heard lots of the Soul In The City Jocks announcing it. :lol:

Off topic.

Will I see you tomorrow at Audra's Dave?

laugh.gif get out of here !

You will indeed Mikey look forward to seeing you mate :thumbsup::D

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

It'll Never Be Over For me - i don't think it can be when your into Northern soul it is something special and you can't just leave the scene/music

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

I've always been able to relate to Don Ray - Born A Loser

One of the best Northern tracks ever and when ever life is getting me down I stick that track on and it lifts me right up knowing that some other poor sod thirty years ago felt the same way.

Another few with meaningful lyrics are:

Steve Karmen band feat. Jimmy Radcliffe- Breakaway (a real stick it to the man tune that)

William Bell- The Man in the Street

Soulvation Army Band - Dancing on a Daydream (7t's perfection

Terry Callier- Keep your Heart Right, I dont want to see myself without you, What Color is Love in fact most of his stuff has superb lyrics

Curtis Mayfield- Right on for the Darkness, Something to Believe in and loads more

Angie Stone- No More Rain

The Diplomats- Love Ain't What it used to be

Jimmy Holiday- The Turning Point

Marvin Gaye- What's Going on (the whole album)

Esther Marrow- Thing's Aint Right

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert