Cd Swap November 2007

• Replies 211
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

All Mine in the post this morning, so you should have them tomorrow.

Apart from you Angie, yours may take a little longer!

Cheers

Bully :thumbsup:

Blimey Bully did you use your private jet to get these out, my parcel was waiting for me when I got in from work tonight. Listening to it now, top stuff mate - Won't spoil it for the others, only to say you get a BOGOF. If they're all to this standard fellow swappers then we're in for a treat :thumbup:

Cheers Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

Blimey Bully did you use your private jet to get these out, my parcel was waiting for me when I got in from work tonight. Listening to it now, top stuff mate - Won't spoil it for the others, only to say you get a BOGOF. If they're all to this standard fellow swappers then we're in for a treat :thumbsup:

Cheers Pat

Amazing that Patrick, he only lives 2 minutes from me and mine's not arrived yet.

What's up Bull?

Making me pay for my 6 month delay?

:thumbup:

Or are you gonna give it me on Saturday night?

Social source share

Amazing that Patrick, he only lives 2 minutes from me and mine's not arrived yet.

What's up Bull? !

Making me pay for my 6 month delay?

:thumbsup:

Or are you gonna give it me on Saturday night?

You Can Also Have your CD Sean,

Although you are about 5 years too young for me :thumbup:

The Bulmeister

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Blimey this is harder than i thought, i've changed my mind three times about what to put on the CD :lol: Now i've discovered that quality is improved if i save as Wav files rather than MP3s... Starting again now.

Received Bully and Rupert's this morning. Quality :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

Blimey this is harder than i thought, i've changed my mind three times about what to put on the CD :lol: Now i've discovered that quality is improved if i save as Wav files rather than MP3s... Starting again now.

Received Bully and Rupert's this morning. Quality :thumbsup:

Received Bully and Rupert's this morning myself, what class gents.

John.

Social source share

I also got Bully's and Ruperts on Saturday, top notch stuff. Looking at the track listings I saw that there were 6 that I had put on mine, so had to do another rethink. I also had a couple of duplicates on the CD I made for the previous swap.

So I've decided to post up my track listing. My first lot are going out today.

Gene Williams - Don't Let Your Love Fade Away - Forte 7"

Marva W Taylor - Nothing I'd Rather Be Than Your Weakness - Forte 7"

Johnny Moore - Such A Wonderful Feeling - Blue Rock 7"

Isaac Taylor - Just Another Man - Ronn 7"

Bobby Eaton - Fever, Fever, Fever - Galaxy 7"

Jimmy Hughes - I'm So Glad - Volt LP

George Jackson - I Found What I Wanted - Verve 7"

Pep Brown - Lovin' You Is Such A Sweet Thing - Lava 7"

Dorothy Morrison - I Can't Go Without You - Brown Door 7"

Tal Armstrong - You've Got So Much Feeling (In Your Love) - Love 7"

Rayford Tucker - If You Need More Time (Time Will Tell) - Sandpiper 7"

Keni Lewis - What's Her Name - Buddah 7"

Cal Brandon - I Kept On Smilin' - Hitman 7"

Darrell Banks - Forgive Me - Volt LP

Matilda Jones - Wrong Too Long - Future Stars 7"

Bobby Patterson - Everything Good To You (Don't Have To Be Good For You) - Paula LP

Bobby Patterson - Sock Some Lovin' At Me - Jetstar 7"

Ollie Nightingale - I'm In Love - Pride LP

Mavis Staples - Until I Met You - Volt LP

Lost Generation - Pretty Little Angel Eyes - Brunswick 7"

Doris Duke - It Sure Was Fun - Mojo LP

Willie Johnson - These Arms Of Mine - Savannah International 7"

King Floyd - Woman Don't Go Astray - Atco LP

Joe Wilson - Sweetness - Dynamo 7"

Cheers,

John

I have the same problem too John - my preference would be to take them as they come without posting the lists up in advance - the criteria is what you are playing at home, so if there are duplicates so be it - might hard for the 30th contributer otherwise

Mike

Social source share

Hi Everyone

Mine all went out this PM!

Really enjoyed the 3 I've had so far from Bully - lots I hadn't heard for ages such as Carla Thomas - always loved that & Visitors was the one I hit the play button again on; Rupert - forgotten how good Landy sounds!! Plus a couple of new ones to me - Dewey Jefferies and Rudy Ludaway plus you helped me pick another track for my political soul mixes - Sam Russell which I had forgotten all about!!! Ray's had a couple of tracks I had completely forgotten about BB King, Tammi Terrell & Doris Troy - that's what I love about the exchange - often hear things you have and completely forgotten about!!! Plus new to me - Art Wheeler, Bill Horton & Jimmy Merrill

Looking forward to the rest!!!

Cheers

Colin

Social source share

I got Ruperts' cd today, I must say whoo hooo (well I do live in the states hehehe)

Thank you for the great tracks Rupert.

The 15 paws production team has nearly completed the task set, so should be in the mail this Thurs.

Angie

Social source share

Hi Everyone

Mine all went out this PM!

Really enjoyed the 3 I've had so far from Bully - lots I hadn't heard for ages such as Carla Thomas - always loved that & Visitors was the one I hit the play button again on; Rupert - forgotten how good Landy sounds!! Plus a couple of new ones to me - Dewey Jefferies and Rudy Ludaway plus you helped me pick another track for my political soul mixes - Sam Russell which I had forgotten all about!!! Ray's had a couple of tracks I had completely forgotten about BB King, Tammi Terrell & Doris Troy - that's what I love about the exchange - often hear things you have and completely forgotten about!!! Plus new to me - Art Wheeler, Bill Horton & Jimmy Merrill

Looking forward to the rest!!!

Cheers

Colin

Yeah that Doris Troy is a Killer!! Christ, more bloody wants, does it ever end??!! laughs

Mal.C. wink.gif

Social source share

Thanks Bully & Pat

The lady got me to put all 27 packages through those envelope thingies they have nowadays and I was concerned that some might have been deemed to thick!!! At least, I got to work out for the lady LOL These CD swaps are real hard work LOL!!!!!!

Cheers

Colin

Social source share

Guest biggray1

My Copys are Burnt now,will get them to ya fella's this week. Got Bullys,Ruperts,colins,Rays,top draw stuff,lot of tunes i dont know,keep um comin . Graham.

Social source share

I just got Bully's and Ray Mahoney's cd's, I shall be listening to them this afternoon.

Thank you.

Angie

Edited by gb2nyc
Social source share

Guest soulmaguk

I just posted them today, you should get them in about 4 to 5 days.

Angie

Got yours today Angie, wonderfully refreshing, love Carl Carlton - So What. Len Barrys Love,Love,Love. Love it!

John Mitchell.

Havn't posted mine yet, printer has spat its dummy out! will have to go down the Library.

Social source share

Really enjoyed playing the ones i got so far...particularly John Reed, Bull and Mike Lofthouse...dont worry if i have`nt mentioned yours...i`m playing them one by one...

Cheers, Chris.

ps, mine are a couple of weeks away....Edinburgh, Germany and sold my flat yesterday so gotta move everything (mainly Lps) out of there pretty soon...

Social source share

Fantastic so far - agree with everyone that the wants list is growing. Been a bit busy with preps for first anniversary soulnight and getting the anniversary single sorted but will get CD's done this weekend and posted out to everyone.

Might go through my 70's and eighites boxes not sure yet - but listening to more and more crossover/modern so might give it a whirl with that.

cheers Mark.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

I just got Bully's and Ray Mahoney's cd's, I shall be listening to them this afternoon.

Thank you.

Angie

Hi Angie,your Cd arrived this morning,many thanx. playing now...wow some northern eh! dont listen to northern much nowaday but am enjoying. biggrin.gif Graham.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Just an Update on who's Cdr's have arrived at my door is ..Angie,John Lloyd,John Reed,Bullys,Ray Mahoney,Rupert,Colin Dilnot,Sean Hempseys,thats 8 CDS..have posted my Cd today so you should get it tommorow.Come on fella's get your finger out and send me YOURS.. whistling.gif:shhh::huh:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Here is my Track listing for my Cdr...Hope there is something of interest...Graham.

1..Len Woods..I'm in love.....Revue*****

2...Betty Everett..I gotta tell somebody..Fantasy

3...D D Warwick..I'm so glad I'm a woman..Atco.****

4...Lee Shot Williams..It aint me no more..tchula.

5..Bobby wade..Four walls and one window..WayOut*****

6..Eric&The Vikings..Its to much for a man to take..Gordy

7..Lost Generation...Your Mission if you decide to accept..Innovation.

8..Classic Example..Thats Groovy..Gsf.*****

9..Popcorn Wylie..I can take the world on with you..Abc Lp.*********

10..Coke escovedo..Why cant we be lovers..Mercury.

11..David Dee...Message too you..Ica.

12..Soul Notes...How long will it last...Way Out.

13..Soul Bros Inc..Love sweet love...SBI

14..Love..Thats the way it is.....Law-ton*****

15..Ray Lewis..Cool Love...Atco

16...Tommy Elison&The Rappers...I've Tried.....Roach.

17...Johnny Williams...Maggie....Twinight.....awesome*****

18..Freddie North..Oh lord what are you doin to me...Abet.

19..Phil Flowers..Another sleepless nite...........Dot Lp**************

20..Gladys night&Pips..Its gonna take all our love Mca Lp....sam dees.******

21..Chuck Stanley..Never gonna let go..Cbs Lp

22. The Eliminators...Loving Explosion.....BrcLp

23..Gorgeous George...Strange Book...Homark*****

24..Jae Mason...Please the crowd..Buddah.

Social source share

Just an Update on who's Cdr's have arrived at my door is ..Angie,John Lloyd,John Reed,Bullys,Ray Mahoney,Rupert,Colin Dilnot,Sean Hempseys,thats 8 CDS..have posted my Cd today so you should get it tommorow.

Correction Graham,

The one I sent recently is from the previous CD 'Cheap As Chips' swap (albeit very late in the day).

Expect to see the latest one soon though!

:thumbsup:

Sean

Social source share

So far I have Rupert's, Ray's and Bully's. Are you sending those cd's care of Father Christmas :thumbsup: cause they ain't here yet.

I mostly listen to a lot of Northern soul, but now I have a chance to REALLY listen to the cd's you have sent me, so far I love them all, hey, its soul music what is there not to love. I am eagerly awaiting the others.

Angie

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Just too let you know i have recieved the following Cds. Thanx

Colin Dilnots

Sean Hempseys

Sean Doyle

Ray Mahoneys

Ruperts

Mike Lofthouse..great name mate.

Bullys.

Angie's

John Reed's

John Lloyds

Thats only 10 arrived so far..Have sent all Cds to the address's sent via Email so who has recieved them! and if you have recieved them whens yous a comin...I await in anticipation. Thanx Graham.

Ps Bye the way all the Cd's sent to me are of the highest order! great stuff..Thanx Everyone.

Social source share

Hi All

I have just come back from a holiday in South Africa. I will start work immediately.

Cheers

TT

Same here (well not SA, Lanzarote actually at Soul in the Sun!) - as i already posted on here earlier this month, mine will go out in a couple of weeks time.

btw Got 3 before i went to SITS (all brill) got approx 7 more unopened which i will get into this week now things are getting straight!

Cheers

steve

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Hi all, Chris Anderton has recieved my Cd and informed me that the Cd i sent him skips a bit...sorry mate,if any other swapper has the same probbs with the cdr i sent them please Pm me and will gladly send you another...Graham.

Social source share

Hi Everyone

Thanks for all the CDs!!! I have been very busy this week with work but I have still been giving them all a blast and some great music there - I will get back with another post asap picking out my faves!!!

I always enjoy the swaps because you either turn up new sounds, old stuff you'd forgotten about, sides lying in your collection not played for years ( don't tell my wife!!!!) - always saves putting them on CD-R yourself (LOL) and real surprises and the inevitable additions to wants lists!!!

Cheers

Colin

When's the next one LOL!!!!

Social source share

Ok, New CD swap for November.....the theme this time will be ......da da da daaaarrrr "My current fave spins of the moment". This can be the things you have just bought, just discovered on an lp, some oldies you have forgotten about, tunes tucked away on a CD, rare, cheap, B-sides.... etc etc ......anything as long as its something you have been playing at home recently!

OK...Here are the instructions...they are very clear,

You must email your NAME, POSTAL ADDRESS and EMAIL address to chris.soul@btinternet.com . No Pms...No texts,No smoke signals, No "I emailed you last week", This starts NOW..........

The first 30 to respond are included....not 31, 32 0r 33...no matter who you are....If we have`nt got 30 by Sunday night then its closed and we will go with the number of people who have responded....

If your CD player has broken, your wife is about to leave you,you are gonna get flooded (sorry Sean!), you have a terminal disease or for whatever reason you think you may not be able to record a quality CD of soul music in the next 6 weeks , copy it 30 times and put it in the post....PLEASE DONT INCLUDE YOURSELF IN THE SWAP!!!

If you have not done it before, dont be shy, great way to hear new tunes.....

I await your emails......

I`ll update the number of participents as the weekend goes on...

Remember...its EMAIL.

Cheers, Chris

PS, Dont mean to be detrimental just spelling out the rules.....

Nearly two weeks since I sent mine out so hopefully everyone will have it now inc Angie in the US - let me know if not, I 've received ten to date from the following -

Colin Dilnot

Ray Mahoney

John Lloyd

Biggray

Ruperts

Bully

Angie

John Reed

Jerry Welsh

Sean Doyle

Some great stuff on all of them - keep 'em coming

Mike