Cd Swap November 2007

As the guy who kind of organises this swap i feel responsible if people dont carry out their committment to send their Cds. In reality i cant do a whole lot about it.

I understand Chris having organised about 5/6 swaps on Soul Talk. For my part I am very sorry and have started to catch up, I have posted out 10+ copies today and am working on the others. I genuinely did fracture my elbow!

TT

Social source share

• Replies 211
  • Views 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest soulmaguk

Posted all mine out now, if anyone does not receive theirs from me, PM me please. Know its probably not the done thing, but...i've been giving marks out of ten on the CDs. Sean Doyle is in the lead so far. Well done mate, just my personal opinion.

Regards

John Mitchell.

Social source share

Got John Mitchells's today, to date I have received the following -

Colin Dilnot

Ray Mahoney

John Lloyd

Biggray

Ruperts

Bully

Angie

John Reed

Jerry Welsh

Mal C

Sean Doyle

Gary Evans

Mark Anderson

Pat Biggerstaff

Mark George

Chris Anderton

John Mitchell

Fraser Dunn

Steve Plumb

Ady Pountain

Lete me know if I have I missed anyone.

I Expected one or two stragglers but ten or so ?

Which bit of ................. 'If your CD player has broken, your wife is about to leave you,you are gonna get flooded (sorry Sean!), you have a terminal disease or for whatever reason you think you may not be able to record a quality CD of soul music in the next 6 weeks , copy it 30 times and put it in the post....PLEASE DONT INCLUDE YOURSELF IN THE SWAP!!!' ....................... didn't you understand ? g.gif

You (or your PA) could of copied one CD every two days and still made the deadline!!!! :thumbsup:

Still some great stuff on those received - many thanks to you all - some great listening and of course a nice list of 'wants'!!

Best Wishes

Mike

I have sent all mine out yesterday by 1st class post, however I strongly disagree with this naming and shaming of individuals for whatever reasons, how do you know why they haven't done there CD there could be a very good reason, I don't personally count and tick off as I recieve the CD's, the law of averages says you will receive adequate CD's and have plenty to listen to. You can count me out of future swaps if this is how we are going to police it.

Hope you all enjoy mine.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Hi All

All mine have hit the streets in the last week or so - just sent the last two out today (Alan P & Colin D who i thought may have been at Th'Orwell - so they've gone first class today - you should have them tomorrow)

I did tend to overdo the flyers and in some cases forgot to put the track listing in, so here it is............

Steve Plumb - CD swap Dec'07

1 Bobby Angelle - Living lie

2 September Jones - Give me all of your love

3 Carlena Weaver - Jealousy

4 Masterkeys - If you haven't got love

5 Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Love guess who

6 Ronnie McCain - This time I'm gone

7 Delfonics - I told you so

8 Tapestry - It's not the world that's messed up

9 Vessie Simmons - I can make it on my own

10 Bettye Crutcher - Sugar Daddy

11 Nick Allen - Need more time (edit)

12 Teeah Louise - You happened to me

13 Bobby Byrd - Thank you for your love

14 Earnest King - I can't turn it a loose

15 Doris Badie - Why is leaving you so hard to do

16 Harvey Averne Band - Love never stays the same

17 Las Vegas Connection - Can't nobody love me

18 Newcomers - Do yourself a favour

19 Luscious Three - Say what you mean

20 The Phantom - Come back to me

21 Vic Marcel - You still got me

22 The Juju Orchestra - Kind Of Latyn Rhythm

I did have some techno probs with the CD's - mainly cos i think i was a bit close to the bone on the amount of music on there so subsequently some of the CD's have track 22 cut down. 'If' these don't play in yer CD player, i'd suggest running it through windows media player and burning it again (apologies for this, i'm sure i'll get some stick for it BUT i needed to get them on the street)

Hope you enjoy it - I've loved all the CD's so far - have listened to most just got 2 or 3 to listen to - loved the descriptions on Alan Pollards - I've not listened to it yet BUT I know it will be a top CD cos of the passion in the descriptions!

Might do a description of me reasons to put my tracks above onto CD if i get time on the thread this week (before we all get back to work)

.........maybe others might wanna do that too - sometimes it's as entertaining as the music itself, as to why folks chose to put them on their CD's - just a thought anyway!

Cheers everyone - have a great New Year

Steve

Social source share

Nice one Steve, listened to yours and Chris Anderton's CD whilst cooking the Christmas lunch. Both top stuff

Listening to Las Vegas Connection while preparing the sprouts - Heaven :huh:

Drinking an ice cold lager at 10:30 in the morning, although I only do this twice a year - Christmas Day and Soul Essence :lol:

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

Steve Plumb - CD swap Dec'07

1 Bobby Angelle - Living lie

2 September Jones - Give me all of your love

3 Carlena Weaver - Jealousy

4 Masterkeys - If you haven't got love

5 Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Love guess who

6 Ronnie McCain - This time I'm gone

7 Delfonics - I told you so

8 Tapestry - It's not the world that's messed up

9 Vessie Simmons - I can make it on my own

10 Bettye Crutcher - Sugar Daddy

11 Nick Allen - Need more time (edit)

12 Teeah Louise - You happened to me

13 Bobby Byrd - Thank you for your love

14 Earnest King - I can't turn it a loose

15 Doris Badie - Why is leaving you so hard to do

16 Harvey Averne Band - Love never stays the same

17 Las Vegas Connection - Can't nobody love me

18 Newcomers - Do yourself a favour

19 Luscious Three - Say what you mean

20 The Phantom - Come back to me

21 Vic Marcel - You still got me

22 The Juju Orchestra - Kind Of Latyn Rhythm

I did have some techno probs with the CD's - mainly cos i think i was a bit close to the bone on the amount of music on there so subsequently some of the CD's have track 22 cut down. 'If' these don't play in yer CD player, i'd suggest running it through windows media player and burning it again (apologies for this, i'm sure i'll get some stick for it BUT i needed to get them on the street)

Steve

Great CD Steve really takes off from the Doris Badie for me - including the The Phantom (also included on Alan Pollard's) - great stuff.

Is 'Kind Of Latyn Rhythm' the new direction of the Orwell ? :lol: is that a new release album?

Lofty

Social source share

who put the following track on their CD?

Previously Unreleased Acetate / All State

Cant find the buggar on my I tunes!! Great track though and if its never been heard and all that i can understand, but please give us something..make it up if you wish..

Mal.C.

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

I have sent all mine out yesterday by 1st class post, however I strongly disagree with this naming and shaming of individuals for whatever reasons, how do you know why they haven't done there CD there could be a very good reason, I don't personally count and tick off as I recieve the CD's, the law of averages says you will receive adequate CD's and have plenty to listen to. You can count me out of future swaps if this is how we are going to police it.

Hope you all enjoy mine.

Regards

Alan

Calm down Al, there will be no naming and shaming. Its just that when we launched this swap some people expressed dissapointment that some people didn`t send out a Cd last time so we said we will put a time limit on of jan 1st. I know things happen and we are all busy people but i suppose some of the guys felt they had the piss taken out of them on previous swaps and didn`t want it to happen again. Hey, this is supposed to be fun and we aren`t going down the politics and bickering route...no way. I`m sure we all understand if someone has a genuine reason for nor producing their CD yet.

Dont even think about not being in the next swap...you are one of the originals!

Happy new year mate, see you around soon.

Chris.

Social source share

Hope you all enjoy mine.

Regards

Alan

Calm down Al, there will be no naming and shaming. Its just that when we launched this swap some people expressed dissapointment that some people didn`t send out a Cd last time so we said we will put a time limit on of jan 1st. I know things happen and we are all busy people but i suppose some of the guys felt they had the piss taken out of them on previous swaps and didn`t want it to happen again. Hey, this is supposed to be fun and we aren`t going down the politics and bickering route...no way. I`m sure we all understand if someone has a genuine reason for nor producing their CD yet.

Dont even think about not being in the next swap...you are one of the originals!

Happy new year mate, see you around soon.

Chris.

Hi Chris, Perhaps I got a bit carried away, I read more into Mike's email that I should have. Anyway the quality of this batch of swaps is equal if not better than any previous swaps the only trouble is just as I think I have my wants list down a decent number it grows again.

Happy New Year to you as well Chris and indeed all other sourcers.

Regards

Alan

Social source share

Thanks for nice words John M.

And that beautiful Carolyn Porter track, it's on Monica label. I never heard it played out. But then again, I never go out.

Sean D

P.S. Thanks to everyone for CDs.

Social source share

Guest gb2nyc

Hello,

I am having a bit of a problem figuring out who's cd's are whos

so please help me out and let me know.

1. Ear candy 4 U Big Gray ????

2. EmJaysGee's (Mark George he's not on my list)?????

3. Electic pick n mix (cd blank on both sides) ???????

4. Sony cd-r in a black case and a signiture on the envelope of A. J. B somthing and nothing else.

Hope you all have a happy new year

Angie

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest biggray1

Can the peeps who have not sent out their Cd swap please inform the Swappers if your going to comply and send your Cd or not...Thanx. Graham.

Social source share

Apologies for delay guys - Have posted out this morning. Should get them tomorrow / Monday. Just a stupidly busy workload lately.

Rich

Know the feeling Rich.

Mine are being burned today and most should be posted this evening.

Can someone PLEASE send me the current address list asap.

Many thanks

:D

Sean

Social source share

Hello,

I am having a bit of a problem figuring out who's cd's are whos

so please help me out and let me know.

1. Ear candy 4 U Big Gray ????

2. EmJaysGee's (Mark George he's not on my list)?????

3. Electic pick n mix (cd blank on both sides) ???????

4. Sony cd-r in a black case and a signiture on the envelope of A. J. B somthing and nothing else.

Hope you all have a happy new year

Angie

Happy New Year to you as well Angie, I have to put me hand up to number 3 and I think the title sums it up. Hope all is well Mark.

Edited by hold tight
Social source share

who put the following track on their CD?

Previously Unreleased Acetate / All State

Cant find the buggar on my I tunes!! Great track though and if its never been heard and all that i can understand, but please give us something..make it up if you wish..

Mal.C.

Will pm you Mal.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

So, how many did we manage to get through this time?

Anyone want to tell us how many (but not who) is short?

Chris

Probably about a third, same as the last time, and the one before, and the one before that;hence I didn't participate in the last one. However, if anyone want to PM their address, I'd like to do a swap of this one.

Social source share

I still have a few Cds still in their envelopes but really enjoyed the diverse mixture this swap has thrown up....

So, how many did we manage to get through this time?

Anyone want to tell us how many (but not who) is short?

Chris

I've received 22 which does not include Sean H's, therefore only a handful or so short.

Thanks to all who have contributed, definately worthwhile and will take part again. As a summary to the swap it would be good to give recognition to certain tracks 'that did it for you'. (As Alan Pollard did so comprehensively in December)

A few that spring to mind for me are -

Willie Hutch - Easy Does It from Chris Anderton's CD

Bobby Byrd - Thankyou For Your Love on Steve Plumb's

Howard Lemon Singers - Never Without Him on Fraser Dunn's

I have certainly bought records as a result of being involved in the swap, examples being -

Jerry Weaver - You Need To Be Here from Jerry Welsh's CD

C & The Shell's - On My Way Home from Bully's CD (Albeit his Mental one)

Gene Williams - Don't Let Our Fade Away from John Reed's CD

Pat

Edited by s7oul
Social source share

Probably about a third, same as the last time, and the one before, and the one before that;hence I didn't participate in the last one. However, if anyone want to PM their address, I'd like to do a swap of this one.

Very cynical Simon and you would be wrong with your esitmate...I guess only 3 or four were missing and a couple of these guys are in the process of sorting theirs out.

For the record this is only the third swap and the first one was almost 100%.

Really, asking people to individually swap with you is not in the nature of the swap but its up to you mate. I think you might have been better recording 27 Cds and getting 23 back with the possible promise of a couple to follow than to ask for a personal swap.

It pisses me off as much as anyone that we dont get 100% complience but some guys actually have very genuine reasons why theirs didn`t go out on time.

So, who is going to admit that theirs is "Still to follow"?

Chris

Social source share

Very cynical Simon and you would be wrong with your esitmate...I guess only 3 or four were missing and a couple of these guys are in the process of sorting theirs out.

For the record this is only the third swap and the first one was almost 100%.

Really, asking people to individually swap with you is not in the nature of the swap but its up to you mate. I think you might have been better recording 27 Cds and getting 23 back with the possible promise of a couple to follow than to ask for a personal swap.

It pisses me off as much as anyone that we dont get 100% complience but some guys actually have very genuine reasons why theirs didn`t go out on time.

Chris

All very fair points Chris, I was wrong. I retract my last post. Best of luck with future swaps, they've all been very good that I took part in.

Social source share

Chris

Everyone should have mine by Tuesday (first lot went on Friday), but apologies for being late on this, yet again.

I've only had chance to listen to 3-4 so far, most are unopened so I don't know yet who's sent them and who hasn't!

The ones I have listened to though are excellent... so thanks all, for not being as big a slack arse as me!

Sean

Social source share

Everyone should have mine by Tuesday (first lot went on Friday), but apologies for being late on this, yet again.

I've only had chance to listen to 3-4 so far, most are unopened so I don't know yet who's sent them and who hasn't!

The ones I have listened to though are excellent... so thanks all, for not being as big a slack arse as me!

Sean

The mailman delivered 'Hampsey's Soul Stock' this morning, it was certainly worth the wait - quality soul from start to finish. The Ryan Shaw track caused quite a reaction in Media Source this morning. For those who've not heard this have a little dip into 'Sweet & Deep'

Pat

Social source share

The mailman delivered 'Hampsey's Soul Stock' this morning, it was certainly worth the wait - quality soul from start to finish. The Ryan Shaw track caused quite a reaction in Media Source this morning. For those who've not heard this have a little dip into 'Sweet & Deep'

Pat

Why thank you Patrick!

You are a Man of Great taste!

Glad you feel it was worth the wait.

Yes - Ryan Shaw is summin else innit!

Been enjoying this one for many months now and just don't tire of hearing it.

I pray it will become a classic.

:thumbup:

Sean

Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest gb2nyc

So the ultimate question is ......

whens the next CD swap gonna B?

Cause I just loved all the fantastic music every one sent me I want more............................I need to feed my soul addiction.

Angie

Social source share

• 1 month later...

I think its about time we did another swap!!!!! I`m off work all next week so i`ll have time to sort out the addresses etc.

OK, this time we need the first 30 people, I`ll open a BRAND NEW THREAD next Monday...a week from now...the first thirty people to PM me with their postal and email addresses will be included in the swap.

All we need now is a theme..... i`d like to keep this more as a connoseiurs/ crossover/70s/midtempo type swap and hopefully include the likes of Sean H, Jerry Walsh, Bully, Tony Turner, Alan Pollard, Val, Plumby etc.....but of course new people are always welcome...

So suggestions on a theme????????????? LP tracks (again), lesser played motown, your top rarities, your dream DJ spot..... ????

Please do not email or PM me about the swap until after i have opened the thread on Monday 28th April...you will not be included if you contact before.

All we are doing now is selecting a theme for the swap.....

Chris.

ps, if you have no intention or no ability to copy 29 Cds, put them in an envelope with a stamp on and post them within the next 4 weeks or so....DO NOT JOIN THIS SWAP!!!!

Social source share

Hhmmmmm........ I'll deffo be watching out for the new thread, for the sum total of around £15 outlay you get ssooooo much QUALITY to a) listen to, cool.gif drool over c) pursue relentlessly or d) all of the above biggrin.gif

Is it me or is the majority of the music crossover and modernish? Not that i'm complaining as i love all of it. How about a 70's only swap, whcih would obviously encompass crossover, 60's sound-a-likes, soulful dancers, deep funk etc?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert