Spencer Wiggins

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest andyrattigan

My own opinion is that if a tune has never been released legitimately but only a boot then play the bloody thing. Particularly if it's a cracking tune, the artist recorded this music to be heard and not for a bunch of trainspotters to sit around analysing run out grooves and matrix numbers (although I'm guilty of that myself!). If there is no original release then get the damn tune anyway you can.

Another thing is unissued tracks legitimately released on compilations that you rarely hear out because they are on CDs or compilation albums. Kent records have unearthed some awesome tracks, some of the best sounds ever but I've never heard them played out e.g.

JUDY CLAY-UPSET MY HEART (GOT ME SO UPSET)

JOHNNY COPELAND- NO PUPPY LOVE

Two of my all time favourite tracks that deserve to be belted out at allnighters up and down the country but probably never will or rarely have been because people dont want to be seen with a CD or Compilation album in their record box. Don't get me wrong, if the tunes have been originally released on US labels then they should be played from this source but if only released on a cd or compilation album then this is the original release and these sounds deserve more of a hearing.

Social source share

• Replies 53
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!