Jewel

Barry

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I'm after putting my copy of Jewel - 'Paradise' up for a trade against an Ike Strong.

How feasible is that folks?

Tricky maybe. Ike Strong (I take it we're taking the Mable release) seems to be going for more than Jewel normally fetches so depends how savy you're co-trader is.

Social source share

Tricky maybe. Ike Strong (I take it we're taking the Mable release) seems to be going for more than Jewel normally fetches so depends how savy you're co-trader is.

Last time I saw it, Jewel was around £200, maybe not anymore, I know I'll have to part with cash too, I was just wondering ho much. IS is generally £300/£350.

Social source share

Last time I saw it, Jewel was around £200, maybe not anymore, I know I'll have to part with cash too, I was just wondering ho much. IS is generally £300/£350.

I was outbid on a Jewel on ebay couple of weeks ago...finish price was £103.

Social source share

Fair enough, the deal is on the day though. :thumbsup:

Very true :thumbsup:

Thought the Jewel finished cheap IMO, I was only bidding to try and snag a bargain and then sell it on!

Social source share

Last copy of Ike Strong i saw for sale was £250 but seems to be in demand at the moment.

Jewel seems to have settled at about £200.

Sure Simon M will be along soon with a 'back in the day at Soul Bowl' story soon laugh.gif

Going slightly off topic but what's the True Image version of 'Dancing' fetching?

Seen far more Ike Strongs for sale than True Image.

Social source share

Guest lotusland

Both top tunes, but I think the fact that Jewel has been booted in the states has knocked the price a bit.

Yes, it's fully legit. It is out of print as well though and 2 recent copies have topped $100 on ebay.

Social source share

Well back in the days .. hahaha these were never super cheap records .. I had Ike Strong off Sam for £50 and a Jewel of the list for £5 or £6 I prefer Jewel these days , what a bass syth massive in Europe !!

======

both searling biggies from wigan

im sure ive got him on tape saying it was to be issued on UK RCA (jewel) that is

paid £30 for my Ike Strong years ago,,,gr8 gr8 tune

lee moore and the resourceful ones - eat your heart out!

Social source share

I'm after putting my copy of Jewel - 'Paradise' up for a trade against an Ike Strong.

How feasible is that folks?

I sold a copy of Jewel about 2 years ago for about £200,I had so much interest on it,half of Scandanavia seemed to be after it,wish I'd auctioned it now! Ike Strong £300 ish?

I remember both tracks getting played by Searling late days of Wigan.Personally I think Jewel has stood the test of time better,albeit a rip off of EWF.

The Ike Strong sounds a bit 'discoey' to my ears thesedays,but come to think of it,it did 'back in the day' when it was covered as Lee Moore And The Resourceful Ones-'Your Love Keeps Me Dancing'

Pete :thumbup:

Social source share

Lee Moore And The Resourceful Ones-'Your Love Keeps Me Dancing'

Had it painted on me owd scooter helmet bitd Pete (stil in the loft at me Ma's).

Still reminds me of going off me nut at Wigan as a kid though - it can be discoey all day.

...I know Dave. :)

Edited by Barry
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert