I Don't Believe It - It's Finally Finished

Guest Dr Pickles

Yes i really enjoyed it.Im very grateful for the warm comments about The Howard Mallett Club in Cambridge.This club lies at the heart of everything soulful that happens in that town.A suprisingly welcome bit of much deserved recognition.(Howard Mallett Story on soulmotion.co.uk)Thanks a million Reg..

Social source share

• Replies 112
  • Views 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

is there any other way of getting this book ,ordered it from amazon ages ago ,email today says not till middle of Feb for delivery now :thumbsup:

Just had an email from Amazon saying delayed while end of Feb beginning of March,ordered as a xmas present and unless cancelled and bought elsewhere may even miss my birthday in June.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Marcus B

Just had an email from Amazon saying delayed while end of Feb beginning of March,ordered as a xmas present and unless cancelled and bought elsewhere may even miss my birthday in June.

Scunny jack,

Try this link to the publishers EBAY shop (page 2). Delivery is normally 3 days and others have had good feedback about them.

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/SAF-Publishing_W0...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Cheers,

Marcus

:yes:

Social source share

[ rolleyes.gif REG If you happen to see this post, just like to say got your book from amazon monday, and what a top read , almost read it all , already, ha. Reminds me , like you say about my starting on my search for soul too, ha. except a few different places.. and different weekenders, etc. but WE may have crossed a few paths , as we used to also visit the ritz des , also. As my mate is a dj there, steve jeffries , expect i would have bumped into you on the floor, doing all my spins, ha. true.. anyway ill look out for you now mate, all the best , martyn (leic)

Social source share

Scunny jack,

Try this link to the publishers EBAY shop (page 2). Delivery is normally 3 days and others have had good feedback about them.

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/SAF-Publishing_W0...0QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Cheers,

Marcus

:wicked:

Hi Marcus

The book finally arrived from Amazon this wednesday morning,the same time as the Feb issue of Manifesto so now spoilt for a choice of read for a few days.Now I am waiting for the Detroit Spinners chrome collection treble CD to arrive from Amazon to wet my appetite for the tickets to see them at York Opera House which are now not due to come owing to the tour cancellation.

Thanks

Jack

tongue.gif

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Well Done Reg .

I loved the book and read the whole thing which is an acheivement for me because I get bored very easily.

I have just started to DJ myself at 46 years old and the book reminded me of some great songs and the memories that went with them.

I have tried to read Nothern soul books before and a lot of them have a lot of information and list of favourite records ,but not much human soul.

Thats what makes this book so different. The human stories of ups and downs that we all have in our lives along side the record collecting ,and all the music reminding you of people and events through the years.

I think that this book was good enough for anybody to read, not just Northern and Rare soul collectors .

I will let you know after my Mum has read it ,coz she's a proper bookworm ,so knows a good book from a bad one.

When's the film coming out Reg?

Social source share

• 2 months later...
Guest Little Reg

HI GUY'S

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE YOU A RUN DOWNON HOW THE BOOK IS GOING SO FAR

FIRST OF ALL I'D LIKE TO THANK ALL YOU SOULIE'S FOR COMING BACK TO ME WITH ALL YOUR REVIEWS ON THE BOOK AND I MUST SAY YOU'VE BLOWN ME AWAY THANK'S

NOW TO WEEK'S AFTER COMING BACK FROM CAISTER I HAD TODO A TALK TO A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLEAT WATFORD LIBRARY THERE WERE TWO SPEAKERS THAT NIGHT ONE WAS CATHRIN COOKSON SON AND THE OUTHER WAS ME. IT WAS A BIT DAUNTING unsure.gif BUT I DID GET A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE AT THE END. :D

THENTHE FOLLING SATERDAYI HAD TO GO TO THE THREE COUNTYS RADIO HERTS BED'S AND BUCK'S TO DO A PHONE IN SHOW.THAT WAS GOOD AND I DID MANAGE TO ANSWER MOST OF THE QUESTIONS THROWN AT ME.

BUT THE BIG ONEIS THIS FRIDAY AS A FILM CREW ARE COMING AROUNDTO MY HOUSE TO MAKE A SMALL DOCUMENTRY ABOUT THE BOOK AND ME SO WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

THATS WHAT ME MUM USED TO SAY

SEE WHAT HAPPENS SON

ALL THE BEST

LITTLE REG X

Social source share

Guest nubes

HI GUY'S

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD GIVE YOU A RUN DOWNON HOW THE BOOK IS GOING SO FAR

FIRST OF ALL I'D LIKE TO THANK ALL YOU SOULIE'S FOR COMING BACK TO ME WITH ALL YOUR REVIEWS ON THE BOOK AND I MUST SAY YOU'VE BLOWN ME AWAY THANK'S

NOW TO WEEK'S AFTER COMING BACK FROM CAISTER I HAD TODO A TALK TO A ROOM FULL OF PEOPLEAT WATFORD LIBRARY THERE WERE TWO SPEAKERS THAT NIGHT ONE WAS CATHRIN COOKSON SON AND THE OUTHER WAS ME. IT WAS A BIT DAUNTING :D BUT I DID GET A BIG ROUND OF APPLAUSE AT THE END. :)

THENTHE FOLLING SATERDAYI HAD TO GO TO THE THREE COUNTYS RADIO HERTS BED'S AND BUCK'S TO DO A PHONE IN SHOW.THAT WAS GOOD AND I DID MANAGE TO ANSWER MOST OF THE QUESTIONS THROWN AT ME.

BUT THE BIG ONEIS THIS FRIDAY AS A FILM CREW ARE COMING AROUNDTO MY HOUSE TO MAKE A SMALL DOCUMENTRY ABOUT THE BOOK AND ME SO WILL SEE WHAT HAPPENS.

THATS WHAT ME MUM USED TO SAY

SEE WHAT HAPPENS SON

ALL THE BEST

LITTLE REG X

Oh nice one ..babes... thumbup.gif ...still want ya to sign my book sweets...Delxxxx

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Hello Reg,

Wow, what can I say mate. That is the best read I've had in years !

If there is anyone looking in that hasn't read this book, well, all I can say is you've missed out. Go get yourself a copy quick. It will make you smile, laugh, & at times make you low, just like life it self. That's what this book is about, life, one that most of us can relate too.

Would love to see it made into a play or a film.

10 out 10 Reg !

Regards,

Ady.

Social source share

Now the book is out i will get myself a copy, your a top bloke and i wish you all the best, look forward to sharing the dancefloor with you again m8 :D well done. For anyone who doesnt know Reg, this is him on the dancefloor..... :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert