Steve G

• Replies 75
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Would love to see "Darrow Fletcher" again. Saw him at Cleethorpes n he just blew me away - especially with the awesome "What have I got now" the emotion n passion he portrayed in his voice and expression said it all. Some said he looked very nervous, which is understandable under the circumstance's - but that only made his performance all the more special n important in my eye's..... Let's see him again please..... biggrin.gif

Ronnie Walker - what a voice, he is something else - thankfully Chris got him back to perform again - so can't wait for that....

My ultimate dream would be, "Baron's of Soul" performing live in a small, intimate venue for my pleasure only......

Ok I'd share n let everyone else have the pleasure too.. :lol: Just one small problem only half of the group are living ..... so dosen't quite fall in either category ... :lol:

Karen

Edited by sanquine
Social source share

...for sentimental reasons defo: T.S.U. Toronados

After seeing Curtis Mayfield, Bobby Hutton, Maxine Brown, Al Wilson, Edwin Starr, Tommy Hunt, The Flirtations, The Four Tops, Dee Dee Sharp (in front of the twin-towers in N.Y.), Bobby Hebb, Little Ann, the Temptations and a lot more over the years...there`s one outstanding:

Joe Bataan played with his band in Hamburg a few weeks ago...and hell...that was really a night to remember!!!

Never saw anything like that before...and I hope the Latin Soul brother No.1 will come back soon to Europe.

Social source share

Id like to see Sharon Jones in an Allnighter/Soul Night Venue, saw her in Richmond not so long ago & she was f**king awesome.........I had not bothered before even tho I had, had the opportunity, cos I thought she would be too funky for my personal taste...........no worries, she was brilliant & would rip up any soul venue.

Also a few years ago at Newbury we were very lucky to witness Jeff (Jefferee) Perry, he was relating to me that the 'Perry' Brothers were thinking about getting in the studio together to record some stuff, dont think this ever happened............but could you imagine the material that they could perform together particularly the stuff they wrote for others too..........Im thinking in particular of the Jackie Wilson LP, did the demos sung by Jeff that were rumoured to exists ever surface or was it just wishful thinkin' ????

Russ

Social source share

I was lucky enough to see the great man at the end of the 80's in Edinburgh playhouse. He was jaw - dropingly good. He played every instrument on stage. A real hero of mine.

gary

We went to two or three different concerts thru the eighties for Mr Wonder and your right; jaw-dropingly good he was.

Unfortunately I read somewhere that'll following those big concerts and a drop in popularity he decided to do small venues in, I think, the very early nineties and failed miserably. So he took the hump and said he wouldn't play the UK again; bloody shame :lol:

Social source share

Guest Jimmy Scriv

Regarding The Whispers I was in contact with their Secretary of their fan club last year who told me they were keen to come over to the UK. I'm sure they are one of the rare groups with their original line up. Apparently great act live.

I'd like to see some kind of Hi Records tour with Wille Mitchell/Ann Peeples kind of thing.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Like too see Phil Perry again,watched him at prestatyn in the Modern Room and the Main Room and thiought he was Fab,Love to see Kenny Thomas too.But on replying to the origional question Barrett Strong would go down nice with a touch of Millie Jackson too.

saw millie jackson at hanley in the 70's when she sang her then YET to be released MY Man is a sweet man :sleep3:

Social source share

Wade O Brown , Unified Tribe , David Sea , Ledisi and loads more

Simon M Ledisi's performed many a time in the UK, I shoukd know I've seen her 5 times there, once in Holland and 3 times in the States
:sleep3:biggrin.gif

Think Wade O"Brown is on at the next Prestatyn ?

Jerry Butler would be great.....

As for the others let's keep it in the land of the living please.
:wicked:

Would have mentioned Jerry Butler myself Mr G .....................but I"ve seen him
:P

Nice thread

Cheers Paul

PS So I guess its still 'Retha and The O"Jays for me

Edited by soul shrews
Social source share

saw millie jackson at hanley in the 70's when she sang her then YET to be released MY Man is a sweet man :sleep3:

I saw her at Preston Top Rank around the same time. Also saw the O'Jays on the same bill as Bunny Sigler , and the jazz Funksters Sun. This was at Jacksonville Colluseum in 1978. Very disappointing if you were expecting the "Northern" repertoire from either acts. But great all the same. I missed the following week, but I seem to remember it was the Isley bros, & Maze!.

Paul

Social source share

Pink Floyd!................IMHO its so good to see the wrinklies and how much they usually appreciate our love for them and their music but they really do sound better on vinyl.

wink.gif

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

Kenny Thomas

The Drifters but at least with Ben E King and one or 2 of the 60's/70's members to sing the songs

Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5

Moses Smith (he is still around)

Chairmen of the Board or General Johnson

but most of all my dream would be to have Isley Brothers live singing all there Northern soul tunes from Motown and only It's a Disco Night as the first track but chances of that happening like zilch.

Social source share

I would like to see Betty Wright again......just brilliant.

In addition to the suggestions of Archie Bell & The Whispers, I'd like to see the Intruders (I think most of them are still with us)

A UK Philly Revue?? How good would that be??? ohmy.gif

The O Jays, Archie Bell (once he sorts out his tax problems), The Whispers & The Intruders.......Mmmmm Sigma heaven. We salute you Gamble & Huff

(Which leads nicely into an opportunity to put a picture of me & Leon Huff up here!)

ps. That's Sheila Ferguson of the 3 Degrees in the front of the picture

post-1482-1193529768_thumb.jpg

Edited by tsu tomatoes
Social source share

I'd like to see the following in no particular order:

Sandra Wright & Her Band

Deon Jackson

General Johnson

The Lovelites (if they are still with us)

and a few more:

Margie Joseph

Dramatics

Gloria Scott

Barbara Mason

Teena Marie

Bessie Banks

Social source share

Oh yes applecrumble Margie Joseph :g: I would love to see her

The Dramatics have played a weekender back in the 90s

TSU Tomatoes any Philly tour gets my backing and I"m looking forward to Jean Carne and Shirley Jones early next year.

Unfortunately Little Sonny of The Intruders passed a good few years ago. I know they made some records without him back in the day but to me his unique "off key" vocals are an integeral (spelling ? ) part of that great group

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert