Volcanos

Guest Pete Bennett

No I sold it to my Italian friend last week I'm afraid...well I've still got it here, but I'm posting it tomorrow

Your italian friend is waiting for the postman... :)

Social source share

• Replies 56
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Definately stamped on my "Help Wanted" but in a "written" styleee`

Difficult to see now on the LoL demo with it going dark and no natural light but it could be scratched ill bow to your knowledge Pete :D

There is actually something on the "Sanded" side as well, VOL number and something else but hard to make out....wonder what was on there before it was sanded?.....definately something cut on there!........possibly the theme from PINGU? :):(

Go on....own up...........who`s tried playing it then?

:thumbup:

Some of the single sided demos did have the other sides pressed and then 'sanded off' to ensure the 'right' side was played. I can't check as I'm away at the mo but there is at least one with smooth 'B' side.

It appears that where the demos are double sided they are all double sided and where they are single they are all single. I'm not sure why they issued some as double and some as single but have to confess to trying to play the flip to the demo of Together Forever but alas not a trace of Dynamite Exploded. :D

I think there are two different 'legit' issues on many of the run, blue writing on pale blue and black writing on even paler blue. I suspect that the palest blue with black writing were first presses. Memory tells me JM lists the differences in one of his guides.

My single sided 'Rules of Love' WD doesn't have the 'Rules' crossed out.

Social source share

Some of the single sided demos did have the other sides pressed and then 'sanded off' to ensure the 'right' side was played. I can't check as I'm away at the mo but there is at least one with smooth 'B' side.

It appears that where the demos are double sided they are all double sided and where they are single they are all single. I'm not sure why they issued some as double and some as single but have to confess to trying to play the flip to the demo of Together Forever but alas not a trace of Dynamite Exploded. :unsure:

I think there are two different 'legit' issues on many of the run, blue writing on pale blue and black writing on even paler blue. I suspect that the palest blue with black writing were first presses. Memory tells me JM lists the differences in one of his guides.

I was always under the impression that the 1sided "Rules of Love" demos were a lot harder than the 1 sided "Laws of Love" demos but all of the copies on Popsike are "Rules of Love". Have I got it wrong way around?

Mark

Social source share

I was always under the impression that the 1sided "Rules of Love" demos were a lot harder than the 1 sided "Laws of Love" demos but all of the copies on Popsike are "Rules of Love". Have I got it wrong way around?

Mark

No Mate, you haven't

The Copies with "Rules" Not Crossed Out are the Rarest.

Then the copies with "Rules" Crossed Out.

Followed by this one.

Arctic_115a_DJ.jpg

If a Stock Copy ever turns up with "Rules", which is thought not to exist. It would take first place.

As I have already mentioned in another thread about this record.

Way back in the Early 70's before Information was widely known

and I was just starting to turn my attention big time to U.S.A. records

I had a copy in my hands with "Rules Of Love" on,

the thing that I can't believe is that if it was the DEMO surely I would have bought it, without thinking.

Still leaves me with an element of doubt, and hope that someone will get Lucky and find one.

However, Most would say that the "Rules Of Love" Stock Copy doesn't exist.

Oh for a Time Machine, but that don't exist either.

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Never seen a miss titled issue, had a couple of rules demos one crossed out & one not, most of the copies i've seen over the years have been crossed out & re titled.

Anybody ever seen a studio acetate or test pressing ? now that would be nice

Ian

Social source share

It appears that where the demos are double sided they are all double sided and where they are single they are all single. I'm not sure why they issued some as double and some as single but have to confess to trying to play the flip to the demo of Together Forever but alas not a trace of Dynamite Exploded. :thumbsup:

Right, I have Arctic demos with sanded B sides, ordinary B sides, and blanks - a real hodge podge.

I still need "Chains of love" to complete - anyone ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert