Tip Of The Week

• Replies 179
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I started this post following Mr Womble's tip for North By Northeast, just noticed that when we started there were 10 copies for sale on Gemm, now it's down to just one :thumbup:

Got a couple for sale on my website as well though Dave :wicked:

Social source share

great bit of southern midtempo , Sonny Crosby is pretty good too on the same lable

TOP CUT FROM A STAGGERING SOUL LOGO THAT IS RARELY FEATURED OR TALKED ABOUT VIA THIS SITE,CAN FEEL A MALACO DAY COMING SOON VIA THE MEDIA SECTION :thumbup:

BAZ A

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Joe Chapman "Beautiful lover" Biscuit/Malaco

great bit of southern midtempo , Sonny Crosby is pretty good too on the same lable

TOP CUT FROM A STAGGERING SOUL LOGO THAT IS RARELY FEATURED OR TALKED ABOUT VIA THIS SITE,CAN FEEL A MALACO DAY COMING SOON VIA THE MEDIA SECTION thumbup.gif

BAZ A

Read the book recently, it's amazing their still in business. Even by their own account, they have gone from one disaster to another. Met the guys that own it not long ago, real southern laid back outfit, but stunning music.
Social source share

Guest phillybuster

Latimore " Theres no limit to my love" is a good old 80's soul stomper

Did you mean "There's No End".Came out on Glades and UK President.If you didn't,this is a great track too.

Social source share

Guest lotusland

nice thread boys. shouldn't it start over every week instead of turning into an 80-page opus though? maybe i'll start a new one with a couple recommends..

that perkins is great BTW been rocking it for years

Social source share

nice thread boys. shouldn't it start over every week instead of turning into an 80-page opus though? maybe i'll start a new one with a couple recommends..

that perkins is great BTW been rocking it for years

No, call me old fasioned, but it's much easier for people that come here occassionally to go through the one tread.

Love everything George has done.

Dave

Social source share

Guest lotusland

No, call me old fasioned, but it's much easier for people that come here occassionally to go through the one tread.

Love everything George has done.

Dave

ok, i'll add a few when i'm back home and can do clips. first one will be Billy Always.

Social source share

2 this week. First up the other Dave Love record, overshadowed by Colalined Baby, but to me just as good and towards the end the guitarist really starts to trow it around, great.

Dave Love-Baby hard times-Worlds

Brilliant tune Dave, and dont forget about the equally good flip "You Painted Me Blue" :rolleyes:

steve

Social source share

Ebony Jam - Ride on - Amos

This is going to be fooking huge, been playing it for well over a year, oldies fans and the upfrom crowd alike cant help but dance its infectious, raw and soooo right for today, i posted it up ages ago in refo soul if any one can find it

Found it

Edited by Baz
Social source share

Just read back through the tread and found this little stunner hidden away with loads of info :lol: , as you can see above.

Curtis Mayfield-Need someone to love-Curtom

Sorry Dave it was done at work in a rush :thumbup: , it is a cracker though. I promise i'll put up more info in the future. Oh it's from the Short Eyes soundtrack.

Phil

Social source share

RICHARD BROWN-SWEET AND KIND-STEELTOWN
T[his track out of steeltown[ pitsburg] is simply mindblowing and can be still picked up for about 20 notes,very hot tip indeed.

BAZ A

this is an awesome tune
never heard it before as far as i know, picked one up today after hearing it here first
thanks baz thumbsup.gif
Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

CHARLES DRAIN-ONLY YOU-RCA BRITISH
BIG TIP FROM ME LOVE THEM BRITISH CUT FLIPSIDES THAT JUST SOCK YOU IN THE JAW,THIS IS ONE OF THEM!A TENNER OF ANYONES MONEY FLIP TO THE POPULAR IS THIS REALLY LOVE

Great track off a very good lp,good call Baz unsure.png
Social source share

CODs Pretty Baby Kellmac

...and the other side, to me a great double sider! and a cheapie too!
steve

Hi Steve

Great Double Sider from the C.O.D.'s
Thanks for posting it, nice to give these a play.
As mentioned in another thread there are
Brilliant Original records out there, & relatively cheap too.
No need to buy look-a-likes, made yesterday.
When there are high Value tunes like these to be found.

Regarding this one

Thomas_310a_S.jpg

I found it in a second hand shop, years ago.
It was in amongst The Rolling Stones, The Seekers etc
Strange how we SOMETIMES find these records amongst the 60's UK chart stuff. rolleyes.gif
If I remember correctly, I think that they were all Ex Juke Box, possibly in there due to the large centre.
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert