Tip Of The Week

Following the great sucess of Steve Womble's tip for the top-North By Northeast. Lets have a tip a week from you of a tune sitting round on dealers lists and Gemm at nothing, that you think peeps might like to pick up.

Mine is the over looked George Perkins track on Royal Sheild, his other on the label 'Glad I Found You', always sells well where as this great 2 sider is over looked, just needs a couple of dj's behind either side and it would go. Was only pressed at about a 1000 copies, so in the greater scheme of things could, long term prove to be a harder record to find. Sound clips to follow on both sides.

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

• Replies 179
  • Views 13.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I totally agree, that George Perkins 45 is superb. thumbsup.gif

I'd like to recommend "Then I Reach Satisfaction" by Eleventh Commandment on the FAST TRACK label. I like it a lot, it doesn't seem to be particularly well known and it's still cheap and easy to find copies of. Soundclip to follow. :D

Great track BUT the other side is a killer dancer too (Today or never)!

The double sided demos of TIRS are fairly common but issues with TON are pretty tough to find!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Following the great sucess of Steve Womble's tip for the top-North By Northeast. Lets have a tip a week from you of a tune sitting round on dealers lists and Gemm at nothing, that you think peps might like to pick up.

Mine is the over looked George Perkins track on Royal Sheild, his other on the label 'Glad I Found You', always sells well where as this great 2 sider is over looked, just needs a couple of dj's behind either side and it would go. Was only pressed at about a 1000 copies, so in the greater scheme of things could, long term prove to be a harder record to find. Sound clips to follow on both sides.

Where do you keep coming up with these great thread ideas Dave?

Superb idea mate thumbsup.gif

Love George Perkins too!

Will have a think and post summat later

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

One that I really do think has potential, was fairly easy to pick up until quite recently.

Truth - Coming Home - Devaki

Then there is this great dancer that is as cheap as chips!

Al Johnson - It's Not Too Late - Marina

Social source share

Glad you like it Baz - And TWO great sides... Voices 45 of the week for a couple of quid at the moment ( I kid you not :thumbsup:

Jimmy Mayes & Mill Street Depot cut sides for Gerim & Shout that I know of but I think that might have been there only side for Stang.

Best

Rich

Edited by harrogatesoul
Social source share

Great thread this, but could turn out to be expensive for me!

Has anyone got a copy of the Eleventh Commandment 45 on Fast Track they want to sell (issue with both sides would be better!)?? PM me thumbsup.gif

Here is another great track by 11th Commandment, great dancer again seems to be fairly unknown but quite hard to find...only copy I've seen is the one I have.....

11th Commandment - Dance With Me - RJ

Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library - v4 .. 

Social source share

Following the great sucess of Steve Womble's tip for the top-North By Northeast. Lets have a tip a week from you of a tune sitting round on dealers lists and Gemm at nothing, that you think peeps might like to pick up.

I have a mint copy of this 45 for sale @ £10 plus £1 postage PM me if interested.

cheers

Derek

Social source share

Great thread this, but could turn out to be expensive for me!

Has anyone got a copy of the Eleventh Commandment 45 on Fast Track they want to sell (issue with both sides would be better!)?? PM me thumbsup.gif

Here is another great track by 11th Commandment, great dancer again seems to be fairly unknown but quite hard to find...only copy I've seen is the one I have.....

Yes, I have this too - you're right it ain't seen too often.

Their one release on Chess is a brill double sider too laugh.png Great 70's dancer b/w soulful stepper

Cheers
Steve
Social source share

Yes, I have this too - you're right it ain't seen too often.

Their one release on Chess is a brill double sider too :D Great 70's dancer b/w soulful stepper

Cheers

Steve

Do you know if the chess group is the same group? It is like a decade or more earlier. The chess group is from DC, by the way.

That fast track 45 isn't that hard to find, but it's hard to find with the b-side, I still don't have it with the flip.

Social source share

RICHARD BROWN-SWEET AND KIND-STEELTOWN

T[his track out of steeltown[ pitsburg] is simply mindblowing and can be still picked up for about 20 notes,very hot tip indeed.

BAZ A

AGREE TOTALLY BAZ
HAVE HAD THIS FOR AGES,INFACT UNPLAYED AS YET !
THE OTHER SIDE IS FAB TOO thumbsup.gif
I RECALL POSTING BOTH SIDES UP A WHILE BACK SO SHOULD HOPEFULLY BE IN THE REFO SOMEWHERE??
Social source share

T[his track out of steeltown[ pitsburg] is simply mindblowing and can be still picked up for about 20 notes,very hot tip indeed.

BAZ A

Always thought the same, great underated record, remember Guy Hennigan with loads of these in Warrigton Parr Hall in the early 80's. If only there where less copies it might get played!! Although don't see it on lists that often now!
Social source share

Mine is "IF I KNEW" - SOUNDS FOUR on SAINTMO Cheap and there best on the label IMO. Goes for more on Peak. Nice Stafford type dancer.

Social source share

Always thought the same, great underated record, remember Guy Hennigan with loads of these in Warrigton Parr Hall in the early 80's. If only there where less copies it might get played!! Although don't see it on lists that often now!

This record is not out of pittsburg, this is the GARY, INDIANA steeltown run by Gordon Keith and that the Jackson Five were on. There were several labels called Steel Town -- the pittsburgh one had the del chontays and the cordells. There was also an ohio steel town that had errol gaye and the imaginations and the entertains.

Social source share

This record is not out of pittsburg, this is the GARY, INDIANA steeltown run by Gordon Keith and that the Jackson Five were on. There were several labels called Steel Town -- the pittsburgh one had the del chontays and the cordells. There was also an ohio steel town that had errol gaye and the imaginations and the entertains.

OH, STAND CORRECTED WELL THANKS HAVE ERROL GAYE AND ENTERTAINS,GREAT RECORD BUT!

BAZ A :rolleyes:

Social source share

Crown heights Affair - Love me - Delite :thumbsup:

(T'other side of 'Dancin')

I'm with you on this Steve, been on about this for last year but everyone I play it to sez "Disco" :wicked: But I think it more infectious then Bluetooth amonst a field of cattle! :( Would love to hear it played out, was it ever? If ya want overload on it the Contempo issue is over 5 mins!

steve

Social source share

Frederick Knight - When It Ain't Right With My Baby (Juana)

Playing this last night and it just sounded fantastic! Written produced and performed by a southern soul legend.

Nice to see it on Steve Plumbs site too.. (Plug Plug There you go Steve)

https://www.soulmusic.co.uk/default.htm

Ooh and Solaris on there too - Nice!

Best

Rich

Nice one Rich :thumbsup:

I wasn't really gonna mention that there's loads of quality cheap 45's on me site cos folks might have thought it a bit crass BUT someone else mentioning it is nice :thumbsup:

Totally agree about Frederick Knight!!!!!!

Jordi - CHA on Delite is 3:30

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I'm with you on this Steve, been on about this for last year but everyone I play it to sez "Disco" :thumbsup: But I think it more infectious then Bluetooth amonst a field of cattle! :D Would love to hear it played out, was it ever? If ya want overload on it the Contempo issue is over 5 mins!

steve

Hi Steve

Just replied to Jordi on this too!

It's only 3:30 on Delite :thumbsup:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

Guest Trevski

BAZ A

Great tune, always loved it. Glad I got one years ago. laugh.png
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert