Gone With The Wind Is My Love

Pete S

• Replies 27
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is one of the worst versions of a tune I ever heard...

Rita & The Tiaras is on top of my wants list, and I'm desperately trying to save enough money to buy a copy, but this... :lol:

Social source share

Rita and the Tiaras and fantastic Northern (even if it is hammered to death I still never tire of hearing it) but I also think Betty Willis is great too. Very different in it's own right to Rita even though the same record. I've played this out on and off for last couple of years. You should listen to all the record before making a judgement too.

Betty Willis is an old Stafford spin for Guy.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Just as well,the sound link will make your ears bleed if you are used to Rita & The Tiaras shout.gif

It can't match Rita & the Tiaras, which I've always rated, but this deserves another listen or two IMO.

Must be hard to come by with the number of bids, 'cos I can usually find stuff this guy is selling at a half to a third of what he usually is asking.

Social source share

Heard the full version as well, but tastes are tastes...

Rita & The Tiaras is a masterpiece, Betty Willis is a boring sentimental tune IMHO...

Social source share

It can't match Rita & the Tiaras, which I've always rated, but this deserves another listen or two IMO.

Must be hard to come by with the number of bids, 'cos I can usually find stuff this guy is selling at a half to a third of what he usually is asking.

It certainly is rare - I've not seen one for about 13 years - awful version though

Social source share

Rita and the tiaras is without doubt a masterpiece BUT what if you had heard Betty's first? It's not a bad song really, yes it does not compare but it's not bad.....is it?

gary

Dunno... :lol: Probably because my veneration of R&tT, B. Willis sounds bad to me...?

Social source share

Dunno... :lol: Probably because my veneration of R&tT, B. Willis sounds bad to me...?

My first listen i thought ooohhhhh that's bad but i was comparing it, my second listen i tried to hear it for what it is and imagine if i'd not heard Rita's and i though that's not bad! :D

gary

Social source share

Guest andyrattigan

I've never really rated Rita and the Tiaras "Gone with the wind...". I find it very wishy washy, just my opinion, taste is all relative. I t would be a boring scene if we all agreed.

Social source share

especially towards the end......great record IMHO. Like I said never gonna have the appeal of Rita but very good in it's own right.

Agreed, needs a few listens and gets up a head of steam towards the end. R &T, however, unsurpassable.

Social source share

Rita and the Tiaras and fantastic Northern (even if it is hammered to death I still never tire of hearing it) but I also think Betty Willis is great too. Very different in it's own right to Rita even though the same record. I've played this out on and off for last couple of years. You should listen to all the record before making a judgement too.

Betty Willis is an old Stafford spin for Guy.

im with chalky on this i like it

mark

Social source share

Hi Bob,

I struggled on your Group list some months ago.

Do you ever take cash?

biggrin.gif

Sean

I would sell it outright if I actually had an extra copy, but this is actually in my collection. I don't like the "gone with the wind" side (do like the rita and tiaras) and have it for the flip. It has sort of a weak group, so it's sort of borderline for me, which is the only reason I'd even consider pulling out of my collection. Usually I won't even pull out records I hate, except I would trade this one for something I really wanted ...

Social source share

I would sell it outright if I actually had an extra copy, but this is actually in my collection. I don't like the "gone with the wind" side (do like the rita and tiaras) and have it for the flip. It has sort of a weak group, so it's sort of borderline for me, which is the only reason I'd even consider pulling out of my collection. Usually I won't even pull out records I hate, except I would trade this one for something I really wanted ...

Will have to dig out your Wants list again then, Bob, but I don't think I'll have much joy at my local Car Boot sale.

wink.gif

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert