Old Peterborough Pics

Guest gb2nyc

I uploaded the few pics I took back in 1980 at Peterborough, the camera was not too great as these are the only ones that came out.

Any comments on where/who these people are would be great. I know Billy is still in Norwich.

TTFN

Angie

Edited by gb2nyc
Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I uploaded the few pics I took back in 1980 at Peterborough, the camera was not too great as these are the only ones that came out.

Any comments on where/who these people are would be great. I know Billy is still in Norwich.

TTFN

Angie

The first pic I'm sure is a guy from Stanground Peterborough, can't for the life of me remember his name, I'm sure elephant memory macca will come on and furnish us with his name, DOB, address etc, etc, etc

Social source share

The first pic I'm sure is a guy from Stanground Peterborough, can't for the life of me remember his name, I'm sure elephant memory macca will come on and furnish us with his name, DOB, address etc, etc, etc

Steven Duke or Dukey (pronounced dooky). He died a few years back, I believe. Steve used to go out with a girl from the Market Deeping area called Shona McPhail. Can't help on the date of birth or address though.

Social source share

& Mick married a Peterborough lass called Karen, didn't he?

Are they still together?

M

No mate,Micks on his 3rd divorce now.Havent seen Karen for a few years,but she stayed in the Bedford area after the split.

Macca,were you also known as Mackie back in the day?If you were,then we know each other,in fact I think I drove you,Rhyder & (Ithink) Johnnie Barr to Skeggy to see The Jam.I used to be one of the Bedford crowd who used to hang around in Peterborough for periods longer than most would consider healthy hypo.gif:lol: ,(Gareth,Mick,Tony W,Bev,Maggie,Tommy,Rob,Sue included).They used to call me 'Merv' for some obscure reason.I used to go out with a Peterborough lass myself (Karen T).

Social source share

Steven Duke or Dukey (pronounced dooky). He died a few years back, I believe. Steve used to go out with a girl from the Market Deeping area called Shona McPhail. Can't help on the date of birth or address though.

Yep,remember Shona too....Can't place the fella though.

Social source share

Now that is a shock - I knew him from the Fleet days and whilst temporarily living in Dogsthorpe I have to smile at the memory of him trying to tempt me into borrowing things from a chemist when it was shut. We even went and timed a dress rehearsal at night. Needless to say it thankfully never went ahead.

Have to say he sprung to mind as soon as I saw the pic but was unaware of his passing away.

Social source share

No mate,Micks on his 3rd divorce now.Havent seen Karen for a few years,but she stayed in the Bedford area after the split.

Macca,were you also known as Mackie back in the day?If you were,then we know each other,in fact I think I drove you,Rhyder & (Ithink) Johnnie Barr to Skeggy to see The Jam.I used to be one of the Bedford crowd who used to hang around in Peterborough for periods longer than most would consider healthy :P:lol: ,(Gareth,Mick,Tony W,Bev,Maggie,Tommy,Rob,Sue included).They used to call me 'Merv' for some obscure reason.I used to go out with a Peterborough lass myself (Karen T).

yep, mac, macky, mackie, maccy, macca, adey, ade etc, etc.

I used to sing a rousing version of the dambusters theme in the

coffee bar of the fleet with a guy from bedford called martyn.

haven't seen rhyder for about 15 years

& kate rudd has just put me back in contact with johnny barr, so I'll

be contacting him pretty soon. I'll be doing the DKOF at christmas, so

so if you're the martyn I know, get your dambusters theme dusted down!!

saludos from spain!

M

Social source share

yep, mac, macky, mackie, maccy, macca, adey, ade etc, etc.

I used to sing a rousing version of the dambusters theme in the

coffee bar of the fleet with a guy from bedford called martyn.

haven't seen rhyder for about 15 years

& kate rudd has just put me back in contact with johnny barr, so I'll

be contacting him pretty soon. I'll be doing the DKOF at christmas, so

so if you're the martyn I know, get your dambusters theme dusted down!!

saludos from spain!

M

Yep,thats me :P:lol: .Seem to remember you convincing me that you were a pita bread salesman on one occassion :hypo: .........

Social source share

Guest martinsbox

TTFN

Angie

A few more faces of people who went regularly to the Fleet in the 80's.

Some of the pics were taken at The Fleet (Martyn's Mini), Wigan, St. Neots All-nighter & Loughborough Town Hall All-nighter either in the late 70's or 1980 - 81.

post-2262-1192526356_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192526377_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192526396_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192526416_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192526443_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192526475_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192526492_thumb.jpg

debonaires___loving_you_takes_all_of_my_time.mp3

post-2262-1192606583_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192606615_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192606644_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192606671_thumb.jpg

post-2262-1192606694_thumb.jpg

Edited by martinsbox
Social source share

A few more faces of people who went regularly to the Fleet in the 80's.

Some of the pics were taken at The Fleet (Martyn's Mini), Wigan, St. Neots All-nighter & Loughborough Town Hall All-nighter either in the late 70's or 1980 - 81.

Oh for the wings of a crusty ! (Mick Lewin-Fleet Alnighter 1979).

What was he on about?Well,who knows,but it seems appropriate to this thread..........

As usual from you,some cracking photo's :no: ,plus The Debonairs (I'd forgotten that one,added to wants list).

Looking back at The Fleet from its first nighter in 78 to when I seem to remember it getting closed (83 ?),the most obvious thing in hindsite was how we all took it for granted at the time,(longing for St Ives nighters to start again,looking forward to Yate/Wigan,spending all night in the coffee bar or brick kilns (on occasion :g: )).When,in fact it was a top nighter breaking newies from the top DJs of the time (Sam,Arthur,Ginger,John Vincent,Pat Brady) backed up with the best of the rest (Hammy,Tony W,Nev,Tony Clayton Kev Draper etc)..........If I had a time machine I would stay out of the coffee bar more :lol:

The most remarkable thing about The Fleet though,was everyone knew everyone :yes: , Yate used to be simillar.Also every man (and his copy of Barbara English-All The Good Times Are Gone) seemed totally hypo.gif:rolleyes:hypo.gif:thumbsup::P

I propose a toast to 'The Fleet Regulars',may their brain cells re-group in Heaven ! :P

Social source share

pita bread salesman? christ, I don't remember that one!

the crap we used to come out with :-)

M

:thumbsup: I had to ask my Mum what it was,being bought up in a house where 'foriegn muck' was outlawed.You told me that rich Arabs wiped their arses with it :rolleyes:

Who was that fruit cake who thought he was Bob Dylan ? wacko.gif

Social source share

• 8 months later...

TTFN

Angie

Social source share

Hey Angie,

It was nice seeing you last week. Not sure I can make it to Forte Green tonite. Let me know if anything bigger in the Northern scene comes up (in the USA that is!).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert