Playing The Flip

NEV

Good day to all :lol:

am having an easy day waiting for the game to kick off(any minute)

got bored ,so thought i'd dust off a few 45's and give em a little spin,as you do :lol:

anyways i decided to flip em,must confess i don't always (DEEP SHAME)

Flipped the volumes "YOU GOT IT BABY" ON INFERNO...

"A WAY TO LOVE ME" starts playing :lol::lol::(

it bugged me ,where the f**k do i know that choon from??

then it hit me SHADES OF BLUE LP!

Anybody else done this ages after they bought a record?

Nev :D

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

got bored ,so thought i'd dust off a few 45's and give em a little spin,as you do :lol:

"A WAY TO LOVE ME" starts playing :lol::lol::(

Nev :D

hello all+ n/nev,hopefully this is in keeping with your thread but for years(mid 70s) i have listened to thelma lindsay,prepared to love you on magic city only for years later to be flipped over and the other side was played,why wernt you there,which to me is a great tune and hidden away for years??? i can only ever remember the prepared to love you side being played at wigan/st ives/p,boro all nighters so who was the dj who flipped, prepared over and what year was it???

Social source share

got bored ,so thought i'd dust off a few 45's and give em a little spin,as you do yes.gif

"A WAY TO LOVE ME" starts playing :ohmy::(:ohmy:

Nev :lol:

Had Edward Hamilton - 'Now You have To Cry Alone' on Lanrod for years, only flipped it the other day, wow! ' I Love You So'...great mid-tempo tune! My mate actually preffered that side.

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

got bored ,so thought i'd dust off a few 45's and give em a little spin,as you do yes.gif

Flipped the Triumphs Coming to your rescue lately for the first time.....ohhhhh what joy.

"The world owes me a lovin" an angelic voice and lovely bit of tenor sax...perfect!

gary

Social source share

Good day to all :)

Peggy Gaines Sweet way of living - Reforee - great crossover tune at only 1min 31secs, what's going on there then? Did they run out of ideas, words, time, money. Such a good tune but hardly seems an in-justice at 1min 31secs!!!

FLIP IT - Just to satisfy my baby- KILLER TUNE and 1 min 11secs longer!!!! huh.gif

gary

Social source share

Peggy Gaines Sweet way of living - Reforee - great crossover tune at only 1min 31secs, what's going on there then? Did they run out of ideas, words, time, money. Such a good tune but hardly seems an in-justice at 1min 31secs!!!

FLIP IT - Just to satisfy my baby- KILLER TUNE and 1 min 11secs longer!!!! :ohmy:

gary

As i was typing this came on my jukebox - Jimmy Ruffin - I'll never let you get away - Tamla Motown TMG922 the flip side of Farewel is a lonely sound. I remember reading about his some time ago and thinking I'm sure I've got that somewhere. Dug it out, played and said aloud Holy Sheet.

gary

Social source share

hello all+ n/nev,hopefully this is in keeping with your thread but for years(mid 70s) i have listened to thelma lindsay,prepared to love you on magic city only for years later to be flipped over and the other side was played,why wernt you there,which to me is a great tune and hidden away for years??? i can only ever remember the prepared to love you side being played at wigan/st ives/p,boro all nighters so who was the dj who flipped, prepared over and what year was it???

Ye Gods, I played "Why Weren't You There" out over 30 years ago... and I'm sure I wasn't the first!

IMO by far the classier side.

Some great stuff found on the back of 'Northern' classics e.g. flip over Bob Relf "Blowing My Mind" for a stunning slab of Soul in "Girl, You're My Kind Of Wonderful".

Again (IMO) much the better side!

Sean

Social source share

Ye Gods, I played "Why Weren't You There" out over 30 years ago... and I'm sure I wasn't the first!

IMO by far the classier side.

Some great stuff found on the back of 'Northern' classics e.g. flip over Bob Relf "Blowing My Mind" for a stunning slab of Soul in "Girl, You're My Kind Of Wonderful".

Again (IMO) much the better side!

Sean

hello sean and thanks for the reply im glad you agree with me about why wernt you there side which i think is a top tune but i cannot ever remember it being played in the mid 70s at wigan etc i just wanted to know who "flipped it over" etc,another tune that i flipped over was what becomes of the brokenhearted,jimmy ruffin a good old bum squeezer from the early 70s(err local disco days!!!) but with the great b-side baby ive got it,i still love it.
Social source share

hello sean and thanks for the reply im glad you agree with me about why wernt you there side which i think is a top tune but i cannot ever remember it being played in the mid 70s at wigan etc i just wanted to know who "flipped it over" etc,another tune that i flipped over was what becomes of the brokenhearted,jimmy ruffin a good old bum squeezer from the early 70s(err local disco days!!!) but with the great b-side baby ive got it,i still love it.

Amazing!

I've mentioned it on here before... but flipping over "Brokenhearted" in the late 60's and finding "Baby I've Got It" on the 'B' side is what got me into all of this!

Classic.

:D

Sean

Social source share

JOHNNY MOORE..ITS JUST MY WAY OF LOVING YOU/walk like a man.

I'm sure that Sean Hampsey will remember all those years back when we were discussing this very song - and also another good version by that man Tyrone Davis :thumbup:

It's the flip side to "Could I forget you" on Dakar btw...

Also done by Garland Green on Cotillion

Both were done in 1971, but Johnny's was done first around 1967 :thumbsup:

Social source share

always rated flip to Epitome of Sounds 'You Dont Love Me' - i.e. Where Were You, actually played this out one nite when djing by mistake and got asked by a dozen people what it was

I was just about to post about this but you beat me to it !

Had the record about 3 years before I tried the flip "Where Were You". Absolute quality :yes: now prefer it to the A side although that's an all time classic.

Heard it played out recently and sounds great.

Social source share

Funny co-incidence that.....I've just completed a CD for myself that i called "the pyramid set" basically you get 15 great tunes with a good if not great flip and arrange them by playing through them on one side then flipping them over and playing back through them in the opposite direction.

The theory is that if you wrote down the artists from the bottom up you can arrange each track title on either side a bit like a pyramid.

Thus:

Social source share

Funny co-incidence that.....I've just completed a CD for myself that i called "the pyramid set" basically you get 15 great tunes with a good if not great flip and arrange them by playing through them on one side then flipping them over and playing back through them in the opposite direction.

The theory is that if you wrote down the artists from the bottom up you can arrange each track title on either side a bit like a pyramid.

Thus:

Title 1 - Artist 15 - Title 2

Title 1 -------Artist 14-------Title 2

Title 1 -----------Artist 13-----------Title 2 etc

I could have called it a set of 15 records played in order then flipped over and played back, but that sounded stupid :yes:

It's quite hard to get some kind of flow through a set of songs ith that restriction.

I'll post the list up tonite when i gets home from work.

Social source share

Another Sleepless Night--Mellow Fellows--My baby needs me

I need your lovin--------Turn-a-rounds--------- Can't take no more

I need you-----------------Groovers---------------He'll Break Your heart

Got to get rid of you---------------J.J. Barnes----------------------Snowflakes

Why ---------------------Tom, Ron & Emmanuel------------ ----lose your groove

Thank You Baby-------------------- Matt Brown-------------------------- Sweet Thing

Just Because------------------------ Pat & Blenders------------------------------- All i need

Drivin Me Mad----------------------------Soul Blenders--------------------------------- Tightrope

Checkerboard Lover-------------------------------Celestrals---------------------I can feel it coming on

I Can't Wait----------------------------------------Monticellos-----------------------------------Don't hold back

I'm Not Worried-------------------------------------Carol Anderson----------------------Taking My mind off love

You Make Me Happy--------------------------------------Artistics-------------------------------Nothing But Heartaches

Need a Replacement-------------------------------------------Winstons-----------------------------------------Ain't nothing like

Peace Loving Man ------------------------------------------Emanuel Laskey-----------------------------------------------Sweet Lies

The way i want our love----------------------------------------Flame & Lovelights---------------------------------------------Why is love

Social source share

Thank You Baby-------------------- Matt Brown-------------------------- Sweet Thing

Just Because------------------------ Pat & Blenders------------------------------- All i need

Drivin Me Mad----------------------------Soul Blenders--------------------------------- Tightrope

Checkerboard Lover-------------------------------Celestrals---------------------I can feel it coming on

I Can't Wait----------------------------------------Monticellos-----------------------------------Don't hold back

I'm Not Worried-------------------------------------Carol Anderson----------------------Taking My mind off love

You Make Me Happy--------------------------------------Artistics-------------------------------Nothing But Heartaches

Need a Replacement-------------------------------------------Winstons-----------------------------------------Ain't nothing like

Peace Loving Man ------------------------------------------Emanuel Laskey-----------------------------------------------Sweet Lies

The way i want our love----------------------------------------Flame & Lovelights---------------------------------------------Why is love

Social source share

Social source share

Well it looked like a pyramid in word

Edited by EmJayGee
Social source share

Well it looked like a pyramid in word

:lol::wicked:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

well i usually not play b sides and i have started to now in hope of finding some treasures it was all thanks to someone on here many months ago that i flipped over Limmie and the family cookin - You Can Do Magic to find a song called Spider which is fab.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert