Just Felt It Had To Be Said

Thank you to Mick and his mods for what is a truly wonderful website which up until a few months ago I always took for granted, never really appreciating what they have to do to keep this website flowing.

apart from the occasional rant which can become personal the site is well policed, the piss take is kept within the paramters of whats acceptable, the humour sometimes makes me LOL, the exhange of information even regarding old venues always bring a warm glow to my face.

However one part of the forum which EVERY day never ceases to truly amaze me is the knowledge some of you have acquired regarding labels, matrix#'s, writers, this tat and tother, sometimes I shake my head in utter disbelief at the extent of it all. Its like the google search of Northern Soul.

Keep it up its chuffin wonderful.

PD

Social source share

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Thank you to Mick and his mods for what is a truly wonderful website which up until a few months ago I always took for granted, never really appreciating what they have to do to keep this website flowing.

apart from the occasional rant which can become personal the site is well policed, the piss take is kept within the paramters of whats acceptable, the humour sometimes makes me LOL, the exhange of information even regarding old venues always bring a warm glow to my face.

However one part of the forum which EVERY day never ceases to truly amaze me is the knowledge some of you have acquired regarding labels, matrix#'s, writers, this tat and tother, sometimes I shake my head in utter disbelief at the extent of it all. Its like the google search of Northern Soul.

PD

Well said , Paul ......

All credit to you Mike for a great site : please keep up the good work thumbsup.gif:D:lol::D:(

Malc Burton

Social source share

DEFINETLY AGREE ON ALL POINTS MENTIONED ,THE SITE EMBRACES A WORLD VIEW OF SOUL MUSIC WITH MEMBERS FROM EUROPE,USA ETC,THE KNOWLEDGE IS STAGGERING ,TAKE THE MEDIA SECTION,POSTED CROSSOVER FRIDAY LAST NIGHT AND IMMEDIATLY THE QUALITY FROM THE POSTERS WAS BLOOMING AMAZING.

KEEP IT UP MIKE AND EVERYONE THAT MAKES THIS A GREAT SITE AND NO 1.

BAZ A :wink:

Social source share

thanks for words

all will say is imo the reason why site is what it is

can be read in today stats

Our members have made a total of 500,462 posts

yep just passed the half a millon post mark which is sort of a milestone

and gives me a cheap excuse to throw a few stats out which shows where the credit is due

last 7 days have had about 1400 individual members visiting

with about 700 off them posting and contributing to site

yep the credit for site being what it is lies with... you lot :Dwink.gif

Social source share

PD

while you're in a good mood Paul,buy your missus those boots!!! :huh: .

Agree with all the above,fantastic stuff. :huh:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Our members have made a total of 500,462 posts

That is quite incredible. Many thanks for keeping this going Mike, some of us may be a right pain in the neck sometimes but I'm sure that we all really appreciate your efforts.

Social source share

Guest Glynn Jones

Boss.

:huh:

Showing your age again, Sean. :ohmy:

Gaffer!

Got to agree. This site has been a godsend to me as I have been off work sick for three months now.

My symptoms mean I can't go out much.

But the site means I can still feel a part of something.

Thanks, guys n gals. :huh:

Edited by Glynn Jones
Social source share

I have to agree that many members are very clever and know so much about whats what on the scene and soul in general.

For example a few days ago, I quoted that Danny Williams (WLGAY) was a great white singer, and was up there with Paul Anka in terms of the so called 'blue eyed soul'.

Its was gracefully pointed out that Mr Williams, a South African, was in fact black. So long sucker!!!

Oh lord its hard to humble.......................looks like like I went down a snake, but am now looking for my next ladder.

Anyway, without this site, we would all be less informed, and probably be more opinionated.

Keep the faith

Ed

Social source share

Thank you Mike,

Without this site I would never have connected to old friends I havn't seen in years and the brilliant memories I had long forgotten bought back to me. I love it.

Angie

Edited by gb2nyc
Social source share

PD

Must agree

I posted a question about a really insignificant record (the Volumes - I love you - Chex) and was staggered by the amount of information I got back from around the globe. The knowledge of members and willingness to help is truly inspiring.

Please, please, please keep up the good work.

gary :D

Social source share

Guest Kevin J

this site has given me the opportunity to meet some fantastic people in far off lands who share the same passion for black american music as i do, and i couldnt ask for anything more. keep up the great work mike and co. and its a pleasure to be a part of the experience that you have created here.

kev

Social source share

Got to agree...thru SS....have got to know and meet so many local and not so soul folk who otherwise would probably remain just faces amongst this vast scene.I also love the music postings as well...i dont think enough praise is given to Mike and his Mods for all the hard work and effort it must take to keep a site like this productive,,...and keeping us lot in line.....even though...i admit to being one of those who like to push the boundaries :thumbup: ....oh the hell could imagine the Northern scene being as vialbe as this 30 years ago......well done guys.....XXXX...Delxx

Social source share

Yes a big thanks to all those in charge! great site.

Enjoyed readng allsorts of what artist are connected to other etc

Put me onto loads of nice records, I've sold a few, brought lots more.

And most importantly makes work more bearable! :thumbup:

Social source share

Totally agree brilliant site ,ALL are yesterdays , events ,The Knowledge and endless list of members of who were legends & my heroes from the 70s and 80s plus it also made me aware of the so good untouchables who are nothing more then money grabbing bullies .

Met so many friendley members .

keep up the good work :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Dirk Tiggler

Must admit that since I've been on here it's so easy to get hold of sounds that otherwise would have been really difficult to track down. Example, I was on my way to see a mate in Kiddiminster in July, getting stuck in the floods, when I heard "where is the girl?" Ben E king on radio 2. I'm ashamed to say I 'd never heard it before, but it knocked me for 6, fab record. After asking on here for a mp3 copy I was quickly supplied, two people only to happy to send me a copy with nothing in it for them, only the fact they'd helped someone. Thanks so much Mike and everyone on SS

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

my favourite (new) Mod is pete smith who has finaly gone over to the dark side :D poacher turned game keeper :lol::lol:

allways been a great site, makes me laugh out loud regularly :lol: mike and the other mods do a great job :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert