Lp's Info

Soulgrit

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Help. As a avid LP collector I'm looking for any publications on Lp's whether it's quarterly or in an annual, can anyone suggest any, most of the one's I've seen have info on 45's, something like the Manships catalogue but for Lp's.

Cheers

Willie

I have a publication called 'Directory Of Soul LP's that I purchase fron Jean Lacomme in July 2000. Not sure if it is still available - if you want the address (or at least what it was in 2000) pm me.

Also have another French publication called 'The Black Female LP's Catalogue & Price Guide' that has a publishing date of 1987.

Pete

Social source share

I have a publication called 'Directory Of Soul LP's that I purchase fron Jean Lacomme in July 2000. Not sure if it is still available - if you want the address (or at least what it was in 2000) pm me.

Also have another French publication called 'The Black Female LP's Catalogue & Price Guide' that has a publishing date of 1987.

Pete

Cheers pete, have pm you.

Willie

Social source share

Pete

I have the most amazing Soul/Funk LP book/directory BUT it's all in Japanese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great piccies tho' including tons of mega rare US LP's :ohmy:

Can't remember anything else about it at the moment without digging it out

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I have the most amazing Soul/Funk LP book/directory BUT it's all in Japanese!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great piccies tho' including tons of mega rare US LP's :ohmy:

Can't remember anything else about it at the moment without digging it out

Cheers

Steve

Cheers Steve, many thanks

Willie

Social source share

I tried to sell about 100 Soul Lps/12" Discs on here and at a few dealers but there is a lack of interest unless the track is only available in that format. Got about £30 for 'Brainwashed by love' as the highest price Lp I sold.

I was told by one of Mr Manships little helpers that they have thousands of LPs that they cannot shift so it might be worth arranging a visit to get the ones you are missing.

Ed

Social source share

I tried to sell about 100 Soul Lps/12" Discs on here and at a few dealers but there is a lack of interest unless the track is only available in that format. Got about £30 for 'Brainwashed by love' as the highest price Lp I sold.

I was told by one of Mr Manships little helpers that they have thousands of LPs that they cannot shift so it might be worth arranging a visit to get the ones you are missing.

Ed

I think there is a market for a 'John Manship' type price guide for Soul & Funk LP's........................maybe Mr M himself should do it?

How 'bout it John?

Might give the LP market a much needed boost (I haven't really got thousands of LP's for sale) :thumbsup:

btw £30 for The Heartstoppers is literally giving it away (other great tracks on it too!) BUT like you said, no one wants 'em!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I think there is a market for a 'John Manship' type price guide for Soul & Funk LP's........................maybe Mr M himself should do it?

How 'bout it John?

Might give the LP market a much needed boost (I haven't really got thousands of LP's for sale) :thumbsup:

btw £30 for The Heartstoppers is literally giving it away (other great tracks on it too!) BUT like you said, no one wants 'em!

Cheers

Steve

Well Steve, if no one wants 'em , someone please fix me up with a copy of the Gloria Barnes LP on Maple ? And Helene Smith on Deep City LP ? and countless others ....

Social source share

Well Steve, if no one wants 'em , someone please fix me up with a copy of the Gloria Barnes LP on Maple ? And Helene Smith on Deep City LP ? and countless others ....

Well, there are exceptions............................and them's two of them! That other thing on Maple by that chap (name escapes me!) too!

Social source share

How 'bout it John?

Might give the LP market a much needed boost (I haven't really got thousands of LP's for sale) :sleep3:

Cheers

Steve

[/quote

Your Lp's are proberly too seventies for me Lol, I agree with you Steve, I know it's a big Job, but the guy's out there need something like John's guide. LP collectors are out there and are part of the scene, it seems that were being ignored regarding literature maybe there's not enough it to do something like a guide.

Willie

Social source share

Ed

Ta Ed, that is an idea, but I would be like a kid in sweet shop, want, want, want.

Willie

Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

Your Lp's are proberly too seventies for me Lol, I agree with you Steve, I know it's a big Job, but the guy's out there need something like John's guide.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a thought, but why would we want an LP guide when the only likely outcome is paying more for the records in question? :thumbsup:

I'm all for Lp's being unfashionable and consequently often cheap.

Anyone want to sell me the Alex Brown LP for a score? :lol:

Social source share

Guest WPaulVanDyk

all is well havng a LP price guide but how many Northern LP's are there i never felt there is many because for one artists do a selective range of songs ie you get a Jackie Wilson, Sam cooke, Betty Wright, Three Degrees or whoever LP that prob has 1 or 2 Northern tracks, ordinary soul and few slow numbers.

Maybe it would be a price guide on soul LP's

Social source share

Your Lp's are proberly too seventies for me Lol, I agree with you Steve, I know it's a big Job, but the guy's out there need something like John's guide.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Just a thought, but why would we want an LP guide when the only likely outcome is paying more for the records in question? :thumbup:

I'm all for Lp's being unfashionable and consequently often cheap.

Anyone want to sell me the Alex Brown LP for a score? :P

Good thing about an L.P guide would be that hopefully it'll highlight the best (Northern/dancers/xover) tracks.

I'm an avid L.P collector and have many, many rare items, I would love to help out on info if any enterprising person(s) wishes to proceed with such a book.

Done myself nearly 20 volumes of CDs on Northern album only tracks....and ongoing!

Edited by Soul-Slider
Social source share

Good thing about an L.P guide would be that hopefully it'll highlight the best (Northern/dancers/xover) tracks.

I'm an avid L.P collector and have many, many rare items, I would love to help out on info if any enterprising person(s) wishes to proceed with such a book.

Done myself nearly 20 volumes of CDs on Northern album only tracks....and ongoing!

Well done :rolleyes: , another avid collector who is starved of information, they must be someone out there who's got the b--ls.

Come on John, maybe you could start off, there's load's of us who would help..

Social source share

I could certainly do with a copy, and would be able to contribute, i`ve been selling Northern/ 70s Lps off my list for over 3 years. Maybe we start an unnofficial guide on here...just need someone to collate the info...as well as a price guide its important to me that we highlight the "big" tracks too.

Actually i suppose we have already started......see my posts on "Help required" in the "Look in your box" section........

Cheers, Chris.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert