Help On 70s Lps Required

Hi Guys, I have come into a bunch of Lps...they all look nice but i have`nt got the time to play them all, much as I`d like to.....so i`m taking the easy way out by picking your brains instead. What I`d like to know is an aprox value and what it the Stand-out track (if any!) on each Lp...i`ll be listing them in batches...this is batch number one....

Mel and Tim-Starting the hurt all over again- Stax

David Ruffin-Same- Motown

Johnny Bristol-Feeling the magic- MGM

Eleanore Mills-This is Eleanore Mills-Astroscope

The Moments-Sharp-All Plat

The Chilites-(for gods sake) Give more power to the people-Bruns

Betty Crutcher-Long as you love me-Enterprise

The Mad lads-A new beginning-volt

Leroy Hutson-feel the spirit- Curtom

Ed Townsend-Now-Curtom

Jerry Butler and Brenda Lee Eager-The love we have-Mercury

Motherlode-When i die-Buddah

Gladys Knight-Standing ovation-Soul

Willie Hutch-Season for love-RCA

Gwen McCrae-same-President

Wilson Picket-Chocolate Mountain-WR

Cheers, Chris

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Chris,

The Elanore Mills is the most expensive I reckon

The rest are not worth much I reckon

But.................Wilson Pickett features "How Will I Ever Know"

Jerry Butler & Brenda Lee Eager has a track thats been played

Ditto The Moments

All the rest are of course great soul LPs but monetary value is probably not that much (shame)

Hope this helps

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Hi Guys, I have come into a bunch of Lps...they all look nice but i have`nt got the time to play them all, much as I`d like to.....so i`m taking the easy way out by picking your brains instead. What I`d like to know is an aprox value and what it the Stand-out track (if any!) on each Lp...i`ll be listing them in batches...this is batch number one....

Ed Townsend-Now-Curtom

Cheers, Chris

Ed Townsend, contains the great "How could you do it" blinding ballad. Also "Where did the signs go" which you can shakle your booty to. Worth a tenner.

Leroy Hutson has if I can remember a great rare groove tune "you never know". Not worth much.

Motherlode "What does it take" great version

Willie Hutch "Lets try it over again" killer crossover worth at least £20 I would have thought.

Butler/ Eager I used to play out "we were lovers we were friends" but it's a defo two stepper "I like your loving" uptempo same as James Bloom on 20th Centry? Again not worth much.

Mel and Tim has there version of Bobby Sheen's "I may not be what you want" or whatever it's called. The other side of "something new to do".

The rare one is Elonare Mills which is the only one I have'nt got but do know there is great stuff on it.

Gotta go it's tea time.

Regards Alan

Social source share

Ed Townsend-Now-Curtom

Cheers, Chris

Ed Townsend - couple of tunes 'where did those signs go' mid tempo dancer, 'how could you do it' killer ballad £10-£15

Johnny Bristol - one stand out track if i remember 'wouldnt change a thing' dancer similar vein as 'you and i' £10-£15

Mel and Tim - 'may not be what you want' same as Bobby Sheen £10-£15 i would say that the Eleanore Mills would be the hardest out of the bunch

Harry

Social source share

Hiya Chris, hope that you are keeping well Mate. Everybody keeps telling you the the Elenore Mills album is the one. I am gonna' be No Different her mate.

Ivor Jones plays a track off this one "The Same Routine" really great track.

Price No Idea?

Cheers Mate

Bully

Social source share

Cheers Guys...I guessed the Eleanore Mills was the hardest because its probaly the only one I have`nt seen in a US record store...well along with the Betty Crutcher....(is that anything?)

I just picked these from the top of the pile....I have plenty more to go at....

The deal is that i will play the track and if i can live without it then the LP will be for sale...

Its from a collection i bought, added up everything i knew and that more than covered the cost, now I`m having some fun with the other stuff...

Your help is much appreciated, thankyou.....

Chris

ps. Sean, They are`nt sealed but all in great condition...

Social source share

Ed Townsend-Now-Curtom

Cheers, Chris

Hello Chris , virtually every track on Eleanore Mills is great , for Northern appeal I'd go for " Fascinating devastating man " , " Telegram " is a killer slowie , " How can I love you " great stepper .I paid £50 for mine about 10 years ago .The key track on Bettye Crutcher is " Up for a let down " which I love to bits ,Willie Hutch is a fantastic album , love virtually every track £25? " Trying to understand a woman " is fantastic .The Moments is a strange one , does it have the wonderful " Just having your love " on it ? As some copies don't .Hope this helps a bit ,Best ,Eddie,

Social source share

Steve, I know..you are right....Its the kind of thing us soul fans dream about...having a 3ft high stack of great looking Lps and not knowing many of the tracks...but I really just aint got time, they have been sat there looking at me for the last 2 months...I`m gonna play all the recomened tracks on wednesday and decide what i`m keeping...

Eddie, Yes the moments Lp does have that track on.....

Thanks for the info guys, i`m gonna list another batch now...

Thanks again...

Chris.

Social source share

Guest denmac

Steve, I know..you are right....Its the kind of thing us soul fans dream about...having a 3ft high stack of great looking Lps and not knowing many of the tracks...but I really just aint got time, they have been sat there looking at me for the last 2 months...I`m gonna play all the recomened tracks on wednesday and decide what i`m keeping...

Eddie, Yes the moments Lp does have that track on.....

Thanks for the info guys, i`m gonna list another batch now...

Thanks again...

Chris.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert