Tired 70`s Tunes...?

Guest Ivor Jones

Okay,hands up,i just dont like the record,never have in fact. :g: As i started this thread,i thought i could take liberties and lump this one in just for good measure because it personally irritates me :yes: .

But as usual,you cant get away with anything on here without someone pulling you up :(

and i have heard it spun earlier in the year....... :D

On a different note,if you speak to Max,give him my regards. Hes a top bloke and always has been :ohmy:

Best,Ivor

Max was at the last Irish Centre- still looks the same still drinks the same :D:P

Re Cheryl Berdell - not sure if I have said this before, but I tracked her down in the 80s - lovely lady who'd just got divorced from her husband who'd put the record out. She in turn put me in touch with Tom Tom. He said he was over in London recording Phil Collins and would I like to come down and join the party. Phil Collins I thought? Is the man on drugs or something? Anyway soon after "You can't hurry love" rushed up the pop charts arranged by.....Tom Tom no less. :lol: So he wasn't making it up after all.

Social source share

• Replies 110
  • Views 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Max was at the last Irish Centre- still looks the same still drinks the same :Dwink.gif

Re Cheryl Berdell - not sure if I have said this before, but I tracked her down in the 80s - lovely lady who'd just got divorced from her husband who'd put the record out. She in turn put me in touch with Tom Tom. He said he was over in London recording Phil Collins and would I like to come down and join the party. Phil Collins I thought? Is the man on drugs or something? Anyway soon after "You can't hurry love" rushed up the pop charts arranged by.....Tom Tom no less. :D So he wasn't making it up after all.

Tom Tom has a lot of $$$ from the Phil Collins stuff he did in the 80s. Can't say that means he's on drugs. Did you know a lot of the pharoahs played on those records too?

Social source share

Tom Tom has a lot of $$$ from the Phil Collins stuff he did in the 80s. Can't say that means he's on drugs. Did you know a lot of the pharoahs played on those records too?

No didn't know that, and I do wish I had believed him and gone down there for that. He was a really nice guiy when I spoke to him, and I am glad he made $$$ out of that slippery Phil Collins success. :unsure:

Social source share

Okay,hands up,i just dont like the record,never have in fact. sleep3.gif As i started this thread,i thought i could take liberties and lump this one in just for good measure because it personally irritates me :shhh: .

But as usual,you cant get away with anything on here without someone pulling you up :P

and i have heard it spun earlier in the year....... :lol:

On a different note,if you speak to Max,give him my regards. Hes a top bloke and always has been :lol:

Best,Ivor

no worries ivor will do

cheers

david

Social source share

FORGIVE ME IF THIS HAS BEEN DONE OVER BEFORE,BUT IN YOUR OPINION WHICH 70/80`S STUFF IS

OVERPLAYED TO THE POINT OF TEDIUM........?

I`LL START THE BALL ROLLING WITH MY NOMINATIONS.........

BELOYD "GET INTO YOUR LIFE" [20TH CENTURY]

JEFF PERRY "LOVE DONT COME NO STRONGER" [ARISTA]

PHYLIS HYMAN "YOU KNOW HOW TO LOVE ME " [ARISTA]

AND MANY MORE........

DONT GET ME WRONG,THEY ARE ALL BRILLIANT RECORDS, BUT JUST WAY TOO OVERPLAYED. :(

AND THEREFORE TIRED......... :yes:

YOUR NOMINATIONS..........? IM JUST INTERESTED............ :)

IVOR

not to turn this on its head but below is the list of tracks from our free cd 2 the first 100 on the door for our modern madness do in july............are these overplayed choooons ? they range from the 70's to the 00's ...1. BILL SPACE LADY

2. CB OVERTON SUPERSTAR LADY

3. LAMONT DOZIER COOL ME OUT

4. BETTY WRIGHT GIVE A SMILE

5. GARY GLENN GONNA GIVE YOU MY LOVE

6. KEMISTRY CAN YOU FEEL MY LOVE

7. ROSE ROYCE BEST LOVE

8. REVELATION FEEL IT

9. SYDNEY JOE QUALLS I DON'T DO THIS

10. GLORIA GAYNOR THIS LOVE AFFEIR

11. GLEN JONES I AM SOMEBODY

12. RENE & ANGELA SECRET RENDEZVOUS

13. ANNETTE TAYLOR ALL NIGHT

14. KAMA SUTRA HAPPYNESSS

15. TASHAN LOVE IS FOREVER( NON CONTACT MIX )

16. VINCENT MONTANA JR THAT'S WHAT LOVE DOES

17. LUTHER VAN DROSS ARE U USING ME

18. LISA STANSFIELD 831

also here's the list from our free cd this sat 20th oct

1. LAMONT DOZIER YOU OUGHTA BE IN PICTURES

2. NORMAN CONNORS TAKE IT TO THE LIMIT

3. BOBBY KING IF YOU DON'T WANT MY LOVE

4. BOBBY WOMACK TELL ME WHY

5. ALTON & JOHNNY HANG ON IN THERE BABY

6. ROSE ROYCE STILL IN LOVE

7. RONNIE DYSON YOU AND ME

8. RICHARD DARBYSHIRE THIS I SWEAR

9. DARYL COLEY CLOSER THAN CLOSE

10. SUNFIRE STEP IN THE LIGHT

11. LUTHER VANDROSS I WANTED YOUR LOVE

12. KINSMAN DAZZ I SEARCHED AROUND

13. BEVERLEI BROWN SOME BODY KNOWS ( DREAM MIX)

14. FRANKIE KNUCKLES ITS HARD SOMETIMES

15. GERANIUM COME BACK TO ME

16. INCOGNITO EVERYDAY blueys mix

17. U B P YOUR HEAVEN

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert