Johnny Baker

Is the Dave Godin review for "Operator, Operator"?

If so it would be because I supplied Dave with a copy.

He was very good at supporting singles I imported and sent him, for instance he gave great support to "Don't You Leave" - Freddie Hughes.

I just wish I had kept some of those copies of "You're Gone" - Celeste Hardie I had from Bob,a lot of the old crowd from Walsall/Wolverhampton/Dudley who I supplied records with had copies from me, there must be copies stuck in lofts and abandoned record boxes.

All the Best,

Neil

Social source share

• Replies 59
  • Views 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Yes it is Neil, he raved about both sides if I remember rightly he said he"d not heard such vocal prowess since the passing of Big Maybelle (praise indeed)

I love Johnny Baker's vocal on Webster Lewis' "Give me some emotion". It's funny though I always think he sounds like Boz Scaggs, or the other way round, either way no bad thing.

Jordi

Social source share

Is the Dave Godin review for "Operator, Operator"?

If so it would be because I supplied Dave with a copy.

He was very good at supporting singles I imported and sent him, for instance he gave great support to "Don't You Leave" - Freddie Hughes.

I just wish I had kept some of those copies of "You're Gone" - Celeste Hardie I had from Bob,a lot of the old crowd from Walsall/Wolverhampton/Dudley who I supplied records with had copies from me, there must be copies stuck in lofts and abandoned record boxes.

All the Best,

Neil

Hi Neil,was it ever released in the states?As I said the part2/instrumental copy I have was bought in a Chicago junk shop :ohmy: Weird.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert