Soul Radio Shows On The Net

Jaco

There appears to be a plethera of radio shows playing Northern, Rare Soul etc accessible via the net.

Trouble is, I see the shows mentioned in different forums or on other sites and think "I'll remember to tune in" and then forget the details or where I've seen them listed in the first place.

Anybody out there prepared to post, as a response, details of the radio shows that they are aware of, which will certainly be useful for me, but may also serve as a directory for others (unless such a directory already exists).

Ta much.

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest rachel

A good starting point would be to have a look at the Media section on here as a lot get posted on there. I'm sure there is/was a site somewhere with listings like that but I can't remember which one and I'm sure it wasn't complete! Tis a good idea though to get some sort of directory of regular shows together :lol:

Social source share

Guest rachel

there's a radio section in site in the events guide feature

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/index.p...ar&cal_id=3

does get used but its a bit hid away

makes sense to feature it more

You know, I never knew that was there - I noticed there was a 'radio' option when you're adding an event but didn't know we had that!! Wonder if a link somewhere like front page would be handy?

Social source share

You know, I never knew that was there - I noticed there was a 'radio' option when you're adding an event but didn't know we had that!! Wonder if a link somewhere like front page would be handy?

they do show on the forum index - next 7 days - but its a bit too crowded

it did feature once on front - it was hard to do, as most shows entered are "ranged" as in every friday rather than actual dates, so it was a pain getting the "next up" shows

and the software was sorta ropey in that area

but software has moved on since then so may be more viable now

on the list :lol:

Social source share

I enjoy:

- Jason 'Brew Mans' podcast - link found in the media section.

- www.https://www.live365.com/stations/236294. is a 365 live station but has a great round of Northern.

- check with THEM out of Japan, they post up a regular round of Soulful shows - also in the media section

- I'm a jazzer as well so I tune into Jazzman Geralds podcast as well. www.jazzmanrecords.co.uk - great round of guest dj's and nice archive

- also for jazz - www.krtu.org

- there is also www.wfmu.org - Mr. Finewine's show

man I miss Soul24-7

aaaa.. that's just my small contribution.

oh, and I have a small show as well if you like Jump Blues, Soul Jazz, Boogaloo, Funk, and Jazz Funk, JazzFunkSoulBluesNortherDancers, a hell - it's a Soul Show. www.krtu.org - The Diggin Deep Soul Shakedown.

Edited by SoulBoy74
Social source share

Somewhere on my computer I have a list of Internet soul shows playing music from the modern end of the soul spectrum. So if you´re interested in modern soul (and crossover) shows, I may be able to help. If interested I´ll see what I can find?!

ATB

Melismo

I'm interested in Modern..

Social source share

There appears to be a plethera of radio shows playing Northern, Rare Soul etc accessible via the net.

Trouble is, I see the shows mentioned in different forums or on other sites and think "I'll remember to tune in" and then forget the details or where I've seen them listed in the first place.

Anybody out there prepared to post, as a response, details of the radio shows that they are aware of, which will certainly be useful for me, but may also serve as a directory for others (unless such a directory already exists).

Ta much.

Pete Griffin and myself have a site called "boogalooradio.com" , yeah I know........really corny thumbup.gif

We started doing it for a laugh, because our local scooter lads n lasses were always asking us for CDs, we worked out how to stream stuff online and have been at it for over a year now!

We play 6ts Soul, RnB, Ska, Latin.........all vinyl! We enjoy getting together and spinning tunes through the week anyway, so we record it and chuck it on the internet. Spread the Soul word IMO!

We do it for no other reason than the love we have for our music ! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert