Listener Or Dancer?

Russoul1

ok, are you a listener or a dancer when your out souling? i thought i would never say this but im more content to listen than dance nowadays. is it a collectors thing? age thing? being bored?

or just that you appreciate listening to new sounds,gaining more knowledge,that next purchase etc

is it me or have any more of you sourcers found yourself listening rather than dancing when out?

cheers

russ

Social source share

• Replies 37
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

ok, are you a listener or a dancer when your out souling? i thought i would never say this but im more content to listen than dance nowadays. is it a collectors thing? age thing? being bored?

or just that you appreciate listening to new sounds,gaining more knowledge,that next purchase etc

is it me or have any more of you sourcers found yourself listening rather than dancing when out?

cheers

russ

Dancer, dancer, dancer, dancer. UNLESS, I'm the one droppin' the heat.

Social source share

ALWAYS a dancer - even with me dodgy knees - there isn't a Soul Night that goes by where I don't end up: :lol:

Never a dancer. I'm an expert 'record box minder' and 'people watcher'. :lol:

Jayne.x

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Until my knee op i was a dancer of sorts all night but since then ive become a :lol: , i cant fooking wait for my knee to heal 100% as i hate talking music all night :lol: its there to be enjoyed and for me thats getting in a certain mode and just feeling the sounds and dancing and singing along,

if you aint dancing you aint ...................... :lol:

Social source share

Guest shaunthesheep

ok, are you a listener or a dancer when your out souling?

DANCER, that's all I of ask of a good soul do/ nita, the chance to dance all night. :rolleyes:

Social source share

Guest soul kitten

Depends on the night really ,

one of my favourite night is Thorne as alot of the music is new to me so i tend to listen more than dance ,

i do enjoy dancing as well but not fit enough or have enough stamina to dance all night :rolleyes::no: especially at nighters.

Social source share

Guest Tim aka Bob

cheers

russ

For me.....Only place to listen to quality up beat soul music is on a crowded dance-floor....

Social source share

Guest rachel

Depends what mood I'm in - sometimes you can't get me off the dancefloor (that seems to be less often than it used to be though), sometimes I'm happy to sit/ stand and listen.. I do quite a bit of shuffling about where I'm sitting/ standing, and a lot of singing along as well!

Social source share

Can't help but dance myself, even if I've never heard the record before, probably look a right t**t, but what the heck, just dont get out enough to be pickie. as stated you dont go deaf when your dancing,

we have all week on here to just listern. :rolleyes:

Social source share

First and foremost a dancer. If I hear something I previously wasn't aware of will generally dance to it if I'm already on the floor and then make a judgement whether I'd dance to it again. Finding out the name of tunes has never really interested me, just love the energy on the floor more. I do think that the future is going to be less dance orientated, which I find sad but understandable as we're all getting older......... c'est la vie

Winnie:-)

Social source share

I used to dance a hell of a lot more than I do now, I'd only stop for a drink or a p155. Now though if I'm free of a sales box and not in the record room I dance in bursts; some DJ's just hit the spot I guess.

Even when I don't dance and spend all night in the record room I've paid as much money as anyone else to get in so I can still have an opinion :rolleyes: and just because I'm not dancing doesn't mean I'm having a bad time. :no:

Social source share

Depends what mood I'm in - sometimes you can't get me off the dancefloor (that seems to be less often than it used to be though), sometimes I'm happy to sit/ stand and listen.. I do quite a bit of shuffling about where I'm sitting/ standing, and a lot of singing along as well!

Is that what you call singing. :rolleyes:

Aint nothing like dancing...

Social source share

Guest bill storey

Definately a dancer, not a good one but I sweat like I am. Mind you I listen too but from the floor most of the night.

Social source share

Until my knee op i was a dancer of sorts all night but since then ive become a g.gif , i cant fooking wait for my knee to heal 100% as i hate talking music all night :rolleyes: its there to be enjoyed and for me thats getting in a certain mode and just feeling the sounds and dancing and singing along,

if you aint dancing you aint ...................... wicked.gif

Know the feeling mate, I can't even manage a soul night without the trusty knee supports - and being married to a nurse who keeps trying to get me to get my knees seen to has its problems too. I'm terrified that I'll never be able to dance again - not that I was any great shakes before mellow.gif

Always a dancer a heart though

Only place I don't seem to dance much is Broad Lane cos I'm too busy gassing to the ace bunch of regulars who attend

Cheers

Wulfie

Edited by Wulfie09
Social source share

biggrin.gif Dancer !!! (Not a very good one though)

I went to a night recently where I didn't dance once due to pain/injury. I persevered but was ready to go home before 10 'cos I wasn't enjoying it as much. sad.gif .

Just ain't the same without dancin'

"STOLEN HOURS" 1st Anniversary, MARGATE 24th NOVEMBER.

2 Rooms + Accomodation + Free unissued Vinyl (first 100 tickets)

Social source share

cheers

russ

Definately a dancer........until the old knees start to give out on me ! :unsure:

Social source share

True story.

Sat night Whitby Pavillion.

Upstairs, general soul music, not bad, dancefloor fair to middling. Spent most of the night here as opposed to the 'Northern Room' to please the 'once a year we go to a soul night' mob I had gone with.

A few folks getting very drunk, and I'm not far behind them.

Late on a very attractive lady in very revealing costume starts to dance in the middle of the dance floor in a very provocotive way, the Bouncer comes on to the dance floor and tells her to 'calm down' I think (or maybe to ask for her mobile number). The lady takes no notice and carries on, bringing the male dancing fraternity to a halt whilst observing this 'new dance'.

If this is going to be a regular thing at soul nights, my dancing days may be limited.........

Ed :unsure:

Social source share

True story.

Sat night Whitby Pavillion.

Upstairs, general soul music, not bad, dancefloor fair to middling. Spent most of the night here as opposed to the 'Northern Room' to please the 'once a year we go to a soul night' mob I had gone with.

A few folks getting very drunk, and I'm not far behind them.

Late on a very attractive lady in very revealing costume starts to dance in the middle of the dance floor in a very provocotive way, the Bouncer comes on to the dance floor and tells her to 'calm down' I think (or maybe to ask for her mobile number). The lady takes no notice and carries on, bringing the male dancing fraternity to a halt whilst observing this 'new dance'.

If this is going to be a regular thing at soul nights, my dancing days may be limited.........

Ed :thumbsup:

Did you get any pictures please? tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Edited by quinvy
Social source share

DANCER !!!! Northern soul is a dance culture..... thumbup.gif long may it always be...

i'm with you there casper, and here's the really cleaver thing, i can multi task..... i can listen to the music while dancing!!!!!!!

some may try this, believe me, it works :lol:

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

......and the amount of 70s being played :D

Used to be a dancer, then a listener :P , now a dancer again (or at least I try wink.gif )

HEY STEVE SEEN YA DANCING.......LETS JUST SAY IF DANCING WERE AKIN TO COLLECTING YOU'D HAVE A CRAP COLLECTION. ONLY JOKING BEFORE ALL THE NUTTERS START TAKING ME SERIOUS......THE MAIN THING.....ENJOYING SEE YA SOON TERRY :D:D

Social source share

cheers

russ

Me,Im a dancer at heart, but my body does tend to argue more as the years go by,bit of a chin stroker at times aswell,for instance majestics comes on, so I starts telling my mate "do you know this came out on three labels, one without the intro " and so on ,he's stood there looking at me stroking his chin, :)

Dancer,dont take this the wrong way,its going to sound a bit big headed :P , was on the floor at skeggy,doing my bit to a tune,walking off the floor ,this chap sez to me " I really enjoyed watching you I could see the passion in your face and in the way you moved, :thumbsup: bit red faced I sez thanks alot,bit later walking off the floor again,another chap sez, you make it look so easy, like you are just taking a stroll,dead cool, :lol: red faced again ,,thanks mate,and yet again walking off the floor another chap sez,"like your style mate enjoyed watching that" all a bit embarresing,but when I dance, I do try and put every thing into it,all the passion I have for the tune I try to express in my dance, when you getting on a bit (like me) things like this make you feel dead chuffed

and a listener,love to hear the underplayed,and new to me stuff,well thats it ,so Im a dancer,listener, and a bit of a chin stroker at times

Bazza

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert