• Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest biggray1

International Music Bag came first.

A lovely little 45, I bought from John 'Kojak' Harvey in 74'

Seems to be popular 'again' although it was never a big tune!

Sean

Sean is correct,but dont buy the Saborian Lp cos its an Instramental version of Blow my mind.

My spelling gets worse :rolleyes:

Social source share

Would have tought so myself Mark but left it to the experts :D:rolleyes:

Lenny

I interviewed the main guy behind the group. The group is actually the CODs, except with Stormy (of Twinight fame) replacing Larry Brownlee. He produced the record himself and first licensed it to international music bag and then Innovation II. My interview is at:

www.sittinginthepark.com/interviews.html

thanks,

Bob

Social source share

DON,T REALLY MATTER WHAT LABLE CAME FIRST ON THIS, THERE,S PLENTY OF COPIES OF THIS KNOCKING ABOUT, OR THERE WERE LAST WEEK. I PICKED UP AN INOVATION 2 WHITE PROMO COPY FROM CRAIG MOERER FOR 12 QUID. (IMHO) SEEN FAR MORE INTERNATIONAL MUSIC BAG COPIES EVEN THAN THE INNOVATION 2 GREEN COPIES.

BEST, BRI.

Edited by bri pinch
Social source share

I interviewed the main guy behind the group. The group is actually the CODs, except with Stormy (of Twinight fame) replacing Larry Brownlee. He produced the record himself and first licensed it to international music bag and then Innovation II. My interview is at:

www.sittinginthepark.com/interviews.html

thanks,

Bob

JUST FINISHED THE GERALD DICKENSON INTERVIEW ,I MUST SAY THESE INTERVIEWS ARE REALLY COMPREHENSIVE WELL DONE FOR GIVING US A GREAT INSIGHT INTO THE ARTISTES WHO WE HAVE CONTRAY TO POPULAR BELIEF VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE ON. :rolleyes:

BAZ A

PS LOVE THE LOST FAMILY ANOTHER FORGOTTON GEM.

Social source share

JUST FINISHED THE GERALD DICKENSON INTERVIEW ,I MUST SAY THESE INTERVIEWS ARE REALLY COMPREHENSIVE WELL DONE FOR GIVING US A GREAT INSIGHT INTO THE ARTISTES WHO WE HAVE CONTRAY TO POPULAR BELIEF VERY LIMITED KNOWLEDGE ON. :rolleyes:

BAZ A

PS LOVE THE LOST FAMILY ANOTHER FORGOTTON GEM.

thanks for the feedback. Tonight I'm interviewing Henry Ford (of Henry Ford and the Gifts). I never understood why there wasn't really northern interest in those records given that they are all uptempo. Anyways, if anyone wants to listen LIVE they can at www.whpk.org/stream. You could potentially call in and interact with the person I'm interviewing. It's not very good time for the UK, though, since it's 7:30PM Central Time.

Social source share

Sean

I tried to re-vive it at Essence a few years ago, biut it didn't really go - probably too fast for the East Coast Groovers :rolleyes:

Social source share

thanks for the feedback. Tonight I'm interviewing Henry Ford (of Henry Ford and the Gifts). I never understood why there wasn't really northern interest in those records given that they are all uptempo. Anyways, if anyone wants to listen LIVE they can at www.whpk.org/stream. You could potentially call in and interact with the person I'm interviewing. It's not very good time for the UK, though, since it's 7:30PM Central Time.

HENRY FORD BRILLIANT ,GOT HIS ACCEPT ME AS I AM RELEASE NICE CROSSOVER HAVE RAVED ABOUT IT ON HERE BEFORE,CANT SPEAK FOR THE NORTHERN CROWD HOWEVER STUFF GOES BIG BASED ON RARITY ALOT AS OPPOSED TO QUALITY ,KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND GREAT INTERVIEWS.

BAZ A

Social source share

I'VE HAD 3 COPIES ON MUSIC BAG AND THE VINYL IS JUST CRAP THE INNOVATION COPIES SOUND FINE GREAT TUNE THOUGH WOODY

Looks like I made the best 'move' by 'only' having the Innovation II copy, a white demo which I must have picked up sometime in the early 80's :(

Although I had come across it before then, I think it wasn't until I heard it on Steve Davis' "Interesting Soul Show" that it caught my ear and picked up the next copy I found. :lol:

Can't say as I've heard it played out much though, although Mr Robbins show has featured it a few times recently. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sean

spot on as usual Sean.

Spin back in the day for CCurtis at the Mecca,alongside other "forgotten" gems such as "Ella Weez"-Leroy Hutson,"I'm gettin tired"-Carlettes,"Hot line"-Reggie Garner,"Don't you care anymore"-Jodi Mathis,"I know where you're coming from"-Loleatta Holloway,,,well forgotten by some,,,,,, :thumbsup:

Social source share

spot on as usual Sean.

Spin back in the day for CCurtis at the Mecca,alongside other "forgotten" gems such as "Ella Weez"-Leroy Hutson,"I'm gettin tired"-Carlettes,"Hot line"-Reggie Garner,"Don't you care anymore"-Jodi Mathis,"I know where you're coming from"-Loleatta Holloway,,,well forgotten by some,,,,,, :thumbsup:

yep, i bought it on Music bag Int in the 70's on the back of Mecca spinnage (ooh, looks like i've just invented a new word!)

Swapped it for Inn II copy for two reasons 1) vinyl was much better & 2) I collected the Inn II label

I have a spare on Inn II if anyone's interested but it's dearer than Craig Moerer's £12, so you're best going there for it i reckon?

Cheers

steve

Social source share

yep, i bought it on Music bag Int in the 70's on the back of Mecca spinnage (ooh, looks like i've just invented a new word!)

Swapped it for Inn II copy for two reasons 1) vinyl was much better & 2) I collected the Inn II label

I have a spare on Inn II if anyone's interested but it's dearer than Craig Moerer's £12, so you're best going there for it i reckon?

Cheers

steve

hi Steve,forgot one other on, INNOVATION, Barbara Hall- "You brought it on yourself",classic :thumbsup:

Social source share

on the back of Mecca spinnage (ooh, looks like i've just invented a new word!)

Cheers

steve

Great word Steve,

'SPINNAGE'

Looking forward to it becoming a regularly used 'verbage' alongside the increasingly popular 'tuneage' i.e. used to describe records that aren't normally classified as 'garbage'.

:lol:

Poser Man

Social source share

Guest rachel

Damn, I've got this stuck in my head now (or more specifically the slightly silly 'talking' bit :shhh:), having not heard it for a while after playing it to death on my mp3 player for most of last year. Nice to get some more info on it, always thought it was quite well known but didn't know where it was played etc :lol:

Social source share

her other one on Inn II is a brill double sider also!

There's a load of great 45's on Inn II and only 2/3 dodgy ones! Someone did a great write up on the label in Voices if i remember :lol:

thats right, also said the dodgy ones are the last 2-3 releases, seems they just went off the boil over there!

M

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Great word Steve,

'SPINNAGE'

Looking forward to it becoming a regularly used 'verbage' alongside the increasingly popular 'tuneage' i.e. used to describe records that aren't normally classified as 'garbage'.

:lol:

Poser Man

Great word "Spinnage" but it doesn't go with "Vinyl's" in the way that you can't exactly "Spinnage yer Vinyls" - or can you? :thumbup:

Social source share

This is getting daft!

Back on subject (or close to it) has anyone ever seen a 'Howwefeel' on Inn II? Be nice to think there are some test pressings or white demos knocking around to replace the UK Contempo copy!!!

Steve

Your right Steve,

Back to sanity.

Had the UK "Devils On The Run" since its release, but never seen a US copy.

Was the US release cancelled then?

Sean

Social source share

It's not listed in that article in Voices - so it can't have come out! whistling.gifwink.gif:lol:

Hee hee

I'm lead to believe that the bloke who wrote that article didn't even know Howeefeel was an Inn II recording at the time! I've heard he only realised about three years ago when he bought it on UK for that brilliant B side and read the label!

You'd think these people would do their research properly :wicked:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

I need to upgrade my whipped copy of the Lost Family, so anyone who can help pse get in touch.

Thank you

Russ

Hiya Russ

Someone posted above that Craig Moerer may have it for £12

Failing that i have an Ex copy on Inn II (with the good quality vinyl) but it's £30 i'm afraid - sorry sad.gif

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

This is getting daft!

Back on subject (or close to it) has anyone ever seen a 'Howwefeel' on Inn II? Be nice to think there are some test pressings or white demos knocking around to replace the UK Contempo copy!!!

Steve

I don't think it exists.

Social source share

Hee hee

I'm lead to believe that the bloke who wrote that article didn't even know Howeefeel was an Inn II recording at the time! I've heard he only realised about three years ago when he bought it on UK for that brilliant B side and read the label!

You'd think these people would do their research properly :thumbup:

Cheers

Steve

Ha ha! :D

BTW - was that the only addition to the label list - or did you ever find any others?

Social source share

Ha ha! :unsure:

BTW - was that the only addition to the label list - or did you ever find any others?

weeeell technically it wasn't an addition cos it wasn't issued :unsure:

and no I (cough) sorry, they didn't find any others so imvho they did an A1 job of hunting them down before the article biggrin.gif:ohmy::P

from memory, they even got the two releases of Sir Wales Wallace right too :unsure:

Cheers

Steve OBE (Old Big Ed)

Social source share

weeeell technically it wasn't an addition cos it wasn't issued :unsure:

and no I (cough) sorry, they didn't find any others so imvho they did an A1 job of hunting them down before the article :unsure:biggrin.gif:ohmy:

from memory, they even got the two releases of Sir Wales Wallace right too :unsure:

Cheers

Steve OBE (Old Big Ed)

what do you mean by the "two releases"? I have it pressed a few ways, and one way says "sir wales" and the other says "sir wales wallace". Are there actually two recordings? Thanks.

Social source share

Oohh - is that another one for the list then?

I think Steve was referring to the Warner Bros release number and the Innovation one (Or summat?)

Some releases came out with both types of numbering, same recording though

I don't think I remember hearing about the 'Sir Wales' one though :g:

Mind you, 'that article' never mentioned that at least one release came out on the 'mis spelt' label 'Innervision' - not 'Innovation' as most are!

I know the label was connected with Innervision cause it says so on the small print, but as far as I know the majority of the releases were on IR Innovation II :rolleyes:

Or have I got a 'one off'? :no:

Social source share

Oohh - is that another one for the list then?

I think Steve was referring to the Warner Bros release number and the Innovation one (Or summat?)

Some releases came out with both types of numbering, same recording though

I don't think I remember hearing about the 'Sir Wales' one though :g:

Mind you, 'that article' never mentioned that at least one release came out on the 'mis spelt' label 'Innervision' - not 'Innovation' as most are!

I know the label was connected with Innervision cause it says so on the small print, but as far as I know the majority of the releases were on IR Innovation II :rolleyes:

Or have I got a 'one off'? :no:

no, I've seen the innersvisions a lot too, I would have to pull out the records to see which ones. I also have the wales wallace as Sir Wales Wallace and just Sir Wales

Social source share

no, I've seen the innersvisions a lot too, I would have to pull out the records to see which ones. I also have the wales wallace as Sir Wales Wallace and just Sir Wales

Yeah (from memory), One is Inn II numbering system and the other has a WB number - two different artist spellings, two different numbers BUT only ONE version of the song!!!!!!!!!

Still one of the best songs ever made imvho :lol:

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

dosnt it mention inn 2 on the music bag 1.

my music bag copy was well pitted vinyl.

sold it to my m8 couple of years back,gave me it back casue jumped al the time.

found out it was his 1977 hi-fi that was the problem.

i just gave my copy to another m8 for nowt start of the year.

ill try & get it back(dont tell him its getting spins,i wont).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert