The Northern Soul Icon Of The Last 40 Years

Guest Netspeaky

Dave Godin, bought most things blind on his recommendation, very rarely disapppointed.

Bob Foster - All things Detroit, and a massive influence on the North Wales scene and people in the know.

Brain ''45' Philips - Still have all my old lists, just wish I had the money at the time.

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Rob Smith certainly gets my vote dj/promoter and record shop owner hes kept the scene in and

around nottingham going through the 80ts & 90ts ,without people like rob and his enthusiasm the scene wouldnt be has healthy.

Also Kev roberts deserves a mention hes done alot of good for the northern scene over the past 40 years imo ,his knowledge of the northern scene is second to none.

Social source share

Searling /Sam /Croasdell /Levine/Guy stevens

Fred Smith /Lamont Dozier / Major Lance/ Kenny Gamble.

John Anderson /Neil Rushton /Dave Godin /John Abbey.

Social source share

For me it has to be;

Dave Godin for spreading the word & giving us our own identity. :(shhh.gif

Ian Levine (The early years) for finding & playing to us numerous tunes that put the scene on the map. boxing.gif

John Anderson for carrying on, up to this day, the work Levine started with vinyl. thumbup.gif

Mary Chapman for igniting the East Coast Northern scene. thumbup.gif

And singers has to be Edwin Starr & J.J.Barnes for me. :D

We all have our favourites & silver coated memories,

Spot. shades.gif

Social source share

Like Reg says....Ady and Kent records gave our generation (from 1980 onwards) so much music and its still going strong..

Richard Searling of course for the Ritz all niters and radio show..

A mention about Roger Banks..One of the djs that we would travel around to see in the 80s,passion and tunes and always a smile for us all...He was the 1st to tell us about that "lady in green" etc....

Iconic venues for me...Warrington Parr Hall in the mid 80s..Droylsden Concord Suite90s.....100 CLUB.. 90s

could go on and on..But respect to the above for sure...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert