Soul Brew Podcast

Jason S

Planning on doing this once a week. One hour 'shows', 20 odd records a time (on average) plus some waffle thrown in - available to download or stream...think you may be able to get it on iTunes at some point.

Mixed bag, at the moment mainly 70's type stuff but 60's muck will feature later.

https://thesoulbrew.podbean.com

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

• Replies 30
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Planning on doing this once a week. One hour 'shows', 20 odd records a time (on average) plus some waffle thrown in - available to download or stream...think you may be able to get it on iTunes at some point.

Mixed bag, at the moment mainly 70's type stuff but 60's muck will feature later.

https://thesoulbrew.podbean.com

NICE CHOONS "J"

PARTICULARLY LIKING THE GEORGE MCCRAE ....CHOooooonnnn :lol:

SOUNDS JUST RIGHT IN JOE'S BAR wink.gif

Social source share

Jason,

I noticed the Whittier 45 - Thee Midnighters in your set. Was this popular on the Northern scene? You know the group and the label are somewhat of a major force in the Chicano Soul movement of the late 60's and early 70's. I don't know much about the label, the group group are most definitely in the Chicano Rock/Soul history books.

Social source share

"You're Gonna Make Me Cry" on the same label is (i think) considered the most desirable one by them, J. I like 'Chicano Power' even if it does sound like they recorded it off someone playing it on the radio and then pressed it up. Lo-fi ain't the word.

Social source share

STANDARDS OF LIVING - MR KOOL (RE-EDIT) NEW WORLD

whats this all about? i know the group and what label the original came out on but im wondering who contacted the og artist to issue this on vinyl (if it is)?

nevermind... just realized that new world wasnt the label just the next group on the podcast. nice mix... love all the bay area stuff

Edited by jinx74
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert