Boy Meets Girl Lp

gazman

Whilst having a rummage in the cupboard i came across an LP I forgot I had. It's called 'Boy meets girl', mine's on UK Stax from 1969.

It's a compilation of duets from such pairings as; Pervis staples & Carla Thomas, Eddie Floyd & mavis Staples, Eddie Floyd & Carla Thomas, Eddie Floyd & Cleotha Staples and a few other interesting pairings.

In my opinion it contains some superb tracks.

I tried to find some information on it and it would seem that in some cases it was a double lp although mine is a 15 track single.

All the tracks seem to be original compositions from what I can gather.

Does anyone else have any info on it? Is it one of the rarer Stax LP's?

I'll post up a couple of tracks that caught my eye/ear.

gary

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Hi Gaz

I have one of these too - For the life of me I can't remember whats good on it but mines a single LP too. There's some great tracks on there. Here's alink to the CD - Which shows 22 tracks!

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Various-Artists-Boy-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Great taste fella!

Rich

Thanks

I read a couple of items on the 22 track version and there seems to be a few top tracks that are not featured on the single. Since I'm not a big lp buff i thing I might chase the CD.

Gary

Social source share

Whilst having a rummage in the cupboard i came across an LP I forgot I had. It's called 'Boy meets girl', mine's on UK Stax from 1969.

It's a compilation of duets from such pairings as; Pervis staples & Carla Thomas, Eddie Floyd & mavis Staples, Eddie Floyd & Carla Thomas, Eddie Floyd & Cleotha Staples and a few other interesting pairings.

I tried to find some information on it and it would seem that in some cases it was a double lp although mine is a 15 track single.

gary

Two LP set when originally issued in the US.

"Some" superb tracks, you say ?

The WHOLE LP from start to finish is superb ! thumbsup.gif

But then there is a whole section of soul fans who couldn't "be arsed collecting LP's" wicked.gif

Social source share

Two LP set when originally issued in the US.

The WHOLE LP from start to finish is superb ! thumbsup.gif

Yes, it was a two LP set, and the CD version is exactly the same (22 tracks)

cdsxd129.gif

Here is the track listing : BOY MEETS GIRL - VARIOUS ARTISTS - CDSXD 129

Soul-A-Lujah - Johnny Taylor & Eddie Floyd / I Ain't Particular - William Bell & Mavis Staples / Just Keep On Loving Me - Johnny Taylor & Carla Thomas / Ain't That Good - Eddie Floyd & Mavis Staples / I Can't Stop - William Bell & Carla Thomas / I Thank You - William Bell & Mavis Staples / Loves Sweet Sensation - William Bell & Mavis Staples / I Need You Woman - William Bell & Carla Thomas / Never, Never Let You Go - Eddie Floyd & Mavis Staples / Hold On This Time - William Bell & Mavis Staples / That's The Way Love Is - Johnnie Taylor & Mavis Staples / It's Our Time - Eddie Floyd & Carla Thomas / It's Unbelievable (How You Control My Soul) - Pervis Staples & Carla Thomas / Piece Of My Heart - Eddie Floyd & Mavis Staples / Leave The Girl Alone - William Bell & Mavis Staples / I'm Trying - Pervis Staples & Carla Thomas / Don't Make Me A Storyteller - Eddie Floyd & Carla Thomas / Strung Out - William Bell & Mavis Staples / My Life - Johnnie Taylor & Carla Thomas / It's Too Late - Eddie Floyd & Cleotha Staples / I've Just Been Feeling Bad - Johnnie Taylor & Carla Thomas / All I Have To Do Is Dream - William Bell & Carla Thomas

Demon has it at £9.00 : Boy meets girl

Social source share

gary

I've got eddie floyd/mavis staples "never,never let you go" on a stax 45,which is also great

Mick

Social source share

William Bell & Mavis Staples / Just Keep On Loving Me

Pretty sure this came out on 45 as well, got one somewhere....

I've come to the conclusion that i'd like to try and chase up some of the stuff on this and......sorry just got distracted by that lambrini advert... :lol: ...there's some top stuff that would be nice on 45 since i'm not realy that big on lp's.

Gary

Social source share

There are some copies on gemm, cheaper is $12.99 : Boy meets girl

Thanks, I guess i could have had a look myself before posting my question! I managed to read more about it than find copies for sale so I wasn't sure how available it was. Glad it's widely available more folk can enjoy it!! Apparently it was released to celebrate Stax 10th anniversary.

I'm just pleased to have found it again.

Gary

Social source share

• 2 years later...

Here's another goodie from that LP - from William Bell & Mavis Staples:

post-5094-1191194628_thumb.jpg

Great LP thumbsup.gif

Love 'Leave the girl alone' John, good spot and nice on 45

'It's our time to fall in love' is a belting 70's dancer too but i think that's LP only?

Cheers

Steve

Edited by Steve Plumb
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert