They Are Hardly Making An Effort Now Are They?

Pete S

• Replies 26
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

This record deserves better!

4ea8_1.JPG

What is it Pete? Not seen that before. One of my fave girlie records, would love a copy again! :thumbsup:

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

it's a boot. Think Pete is trying to say that they should at least try and make it look like a real one....

Didn't know it had been booted. thought it might be a foreign one.

Social source share

4ea8_1.JPG

they dont care about booting so it dont suprise me that they dont make much effort to do a decent label, its not a collectors thing is it its just a record to play on the cheap, one thing though (apart from the flip of course) it makes the thing easier to spot not being an original

Social source share

4ea8_1.JPG

Good job they don't really, i would say :rolleyes:

Didn't we have a conversation once about it surely being possible to produce a perfect boot with the technology that must be out there these days ?

Think you came to the conclusion it might already be happening :thumbsup::wave:

Social source share

Guest mel brat

av-4950.jpg

...This one's pretty close to claiming that title, I'd say :lol::lol::lol:

Hmmm, should I feel flattered....? :thumbsup::unsure: :unsure:

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

Definitely Issued. Think Ted has a Stocker. Great record.

I found some real label scans on popsike, but only yellow. I've only seen it on ebay or lists as yellow. Stock must be much harder.

I like how on the bootleg they changed the publishing company, how stupid is that? I think the publishing on the bootleg must be from the other brunswick label they reused, and they didn't change that part.

The reason I originally asked for a scan was that I saw the Bob E. Lee and now think it might be a Chicago group, I never thought it was Chicago before. I've never seen it in Chicago and don't know anyone else in Chicago who has or has found this.

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I see Freddie Perrin and Clay Roberts. I know Freddie Perrin was one of "the corporation" -- was he based in detroit when this came out? Who is Clay Roberts?

Freddie Perren was never based in Detroit - he only joined Motown when it moved to L.A.

He was from Washington D.C. and that's where I believe this record was made. I think Brunswick would probably have picked it up in the same deal that brought them Bobby Reed's "You Are", another D.C. tune with some Perren involvement.

Social source share

Definitely Issued. Think Ted has a Stocker. Great record.

Stock copies are very scarce, don't think I've seen more than one in 30 odd years. Funny, but it was only about 5 years ago that I noticed the backing girlies arn't singing "Whoo hoo," but actually "Boo hoo", as if crying! One of the all-time class girlie songs!

Social source share

I reckon you're right Tony...

A Clay Roberts is a Black Radio DJ in Washington.

Thanks for the info. That DC connection makes sense with the "corporation" since it also included Fonce Mizell I think. I'm glad I can cross this one off my list of Chicago groups to try to find to interview (I was worried that this was one more!).

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Thanks for the info. That DC connection makes sense with the "corporation" since it also included Fonce Mizell I think. I'm glad I can cross this one off my list of Chicago groups to try to find to interview (I was worried that this was one more!).

FYI the Bobby Reed single that I mentioned earlier came out on Brunswick just two numbers before, having been previously issued on a label called Clay Town (# 17700 - can't just be a coincidence!).

The Brunswick 45 that kept them apart was Jackie Wilson's "I Believe I'll Love On" - written, I believe - and just to keep the DC connection going - by Charlie 'Shrine Records' Singleton...

Social source share

FYI the Bobby Reed single that I mentioned earlier came out on Brunswick just two numbers before, having been previously issued on a label called Clay Town (# 17700 - can't just be a coincidence!).

The Brunswick 45 that kept them apart was Jackie Wilson's "I Believe I'll Love On" - written, I believe - and just to keep the DC connection going - by Charlie 'Shrine Records' Singleton...

Is he Eddie 'Shrine Records' Singleton's brother?

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Is he Eddie 'Shrine Records' Singleton's brother?

OK you got me, I was being terminally thick, for a change...

Memo to self - check brain is fully charged before making outrageously inaccurate claims.

Shoulda checked the facts, Rouncey....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert