• Replies 12
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest TonyCrampton

As Gloria has been mentioned.I picked up a 45 on Fontana "Its not the truth" . Great beat ballard but I cant seem to find any info on it.

Anyone got any ideas?

Cheers Tony

Social source share

Guest Black Gold of the Sun

Also came out on a UK DJM LP - maybe that's where the 45 confusion comes from?

True ,Ginger Taylor has the DJM lp,it was himself that told me about the "released for a day "scenario and did mention a guys name that had one but due to intoxicants i,ve forgot it

Social source share

Guest mel brat

is this track available on a 45??

US Canyon LP 1970(?). Album released on UK Mojo early 1973 and re-issued on DJM in 1976 (I think) Song also done by Betty Everett on Galaxy (UK Liberty 1971)

PS. "I'm So In Love" from the same album is one hundred and fifty times better and one of the greatest records ever...! :ohmy::huh:yes.gif

Edited by mel brat
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

GLORIA'S BEST VERSION BY A STREET (IMHO) GOT IT ON MOJO LP, BUT I ALWAYS CONSIDERED IT TO BE A ONE TRACK ALBUM. HAVE TO DIG IT OUT AND GIVE IT A LISTEN COS IT'S BIN A WHILE.

BRI.

For a Northern Soul fan it's a one track LP.

For a lover of all types of Soul music, it's great listening from start to finish and is definitely one of the most underrated sister soul / sister funk LP's ever made ... deserves comparison with all the great far more sought after LP's from the likes of Marva Whitney, Queenie Lyons, Doris Duke , Sandra Phillips etc etc

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert