Guest Baz

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Russ Smith

Played this last nite @ Cambridge soul collectives' session.

Spun on acetate for years by loads of DJs via Soul Bowl ; loved by many and finally released on Grapevine...

Apparently Popcorn Wylie/Hester couldnt remember her at all; a real shame, one of my all time faves.

Took years to release but worth it; pure magic !

Social source share

Spun on acetate for years by loads of DJs via Soul Bowl ; loved by many and finally released on Grapevine...

Apparently Popcorn Wylie/Hester couldnt remember her at all; a real shame, one of my all time faves.

=====

played 'spellbound' at the weekender where she was playing live..

think shed long forgotten it

Social source share

IS BETTY BOO ... BETTY WINSTON FROM THE ADORABLES ? I WAS TALKING TO BETTY WINSTON WHEN SHE CALLED ROUND POPCORNS HOUSE WHEN I WAS OVER IN DETROIT LAST OCTOBER.

Social source share

:huh:no.gif:yes: Sorry Russ- played at Wigan for about a year by Richard on an "exclooosif" before being issued in 1978/9 on Grapevine. Who else had it then? :ohmy: It was one of the reasons for going to Wigan back then.

Edited by Steve G
Social source share

:thumbup:no.gifno.gif Sorry Russ- played at Wigan for about a year by Richard on an "exclooosif" before being issued in 1978/9 on Grapevine. Who else had it then? :thumbsup: It was one of the reasons for going to Wigan back then.

That's almost right but it was only for a couple of months if that Steve, came out way too soon. And you're right, it was 78.

Social source share

Was played at Rotherham Assembly rooms 'nappy night' a good while before grapevine release, as I remember my mate DEAN ROACH raving about it from hearing it previously at Cleethorpes.

I thought her identity had been released. Sure I read it somewhere a few years ago.

THAT grapevine LP did have some nice stuff on it.

Ed

Social source share

That's almost right but it was only for a couple of months if that Steve, came out way too soon. And you're right, it was 78.

I collected all the Grapevine releases at the time and couldn't believe it when this was scheduled for release I think the word went out to dealers (though maybe it was rumour or assumption) that it would come out on Grapevine within a month of Richard first spinning it. I also heard at the time it was really called "Chitter Chatter" but would be released under it's 'cover-up' name of "Say it Isn't So" but again this could have been the rumour mill. Anyway it did come out as scheduled, around the 5th Anniversary I think, unlike some other planned releases which were shelved.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert