Ricky Allen

Guest Neil Taylor

Guest Neil Taylor

HI,LOOKING FOR A NICE COPY OF.......RICKY ALLEN-CUT YOU LOOSE-TAMBOO 6720 (NOT CUT YOU A LOOSE,WHICH IS ON AGE-29118).NO SILLY MONEY PRICES.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

NEIL

Social source share

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Neil Taylor

you've got about as much chance of getting a cheap copy of this as I have of winning Great Britains Slimmest Man.

SILLY MONEY DID`NT MEAN CHEAP,JOE.IT MEANT FAIR.AND ALSO GIVE ME SIX MONTHS OF YOUR TIME,AND I`D DEFO AT LEAST GET YOU ON THE PODIUM FOR GREAT BRITAINS SLIMMEST MAN...JUST REPLACE THE BURGERS WITH WHIZZ. :thumbsup:LOL

HOW MUCH WE TALKIN FOR THE RECORD,MATE.

NEIL.

Social source share

SILLY MONEY DID`NT MEAN CHEAP,JOE.IT MEANT FAIR.AND ALSO GIVE ME SIX MONTHS OF YOUR TIME,AND I`D DEFO AT LEAST GET YOU ON THE PODIUM FOR GREAT BRITAINS SLIMMEST MAN...JUST REPLACE THE BURGERS WITH WHIZZ. :thumbsup:LOL

HOW MUCH WE TALKIN FOR THE RECORD,MATE.

NEIL.

You're better off asking on the funk forum Neil - used to be easy to pick up (granted not as plentiful as the dodgy version on Age but still around) and it was funk collections it seemed to go into and come out of. At that time it was £25, demand kind of went up for a while and it seemed to peak at around £75. Not seen one for a while though.

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor
You're better off asking on the funk forum Neil - used to be easy to pick up (granted not as plentiful as the dodgy version on Age but still around) and it was funk collections it seemed to go into and come out of. At that time it was £25, demand kind of went up for a while and it seemed to peak at around £75. Not seen one for a while though.
THANKS JASON FOR THE INFO.
Social source share

What's dodgy about the release on AGE? :thumbsup:

Social source share

Meaning it's very average. Certainly compared to the Tamboo version, and if you got it instead of the Tamboo issue and hoped it was the Tamboo version you'd be a little 'dissapointed'.

the tam-boo release came out with red and blue labels and are different musically in some way, or so i was told. I'd say it's an £80 record because it has a sound that doesn't fit into to many scenes although it's great. you dont see it much anymore but there'll be a few in funk collections.

Social source share

Meaning it's very average. Certainly compared to the Tamboo version, and if you got it instead of the Tamboo issue and hoped it was the Tamboo version you'd be a little 'dissapointed'.

My opinion is 100% opposite. The version on Age is a superb piece of gritty, rocking r&b in my opinion.

It's the Tam-Boo version which is dodgy and it sounds like a joke compared to the Age version.

Oh well. :thumbsup::thumbup:

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Is there any chance of a soundfile or mp3 of the Tamboo version pls ?? only heard it once at Steve Catos Inner City Sunday club a few months ago (think his name is George that played it played a lot of grt stuff) and thought it sounded abs brilliant. yepp def got a little dissapointed when the Age one proved to be the wrong one :thumbsup: .

Social source share

Guest Neil Taylor

THANKS FOR ALL THE FEEDBACK,GREAT TRACK AND IMO FAR BETTER THAN THE ONE ON AGE.BOTH RECORDS HIT THE SPOT,BUT FROM A 6TS SOUL POINT OF VIEW THE TAM-BOO ONE`S THE DOGS BOLLOCKS.ALSO CREDIT TO FINEWINE FOR TURNING ME ON TO IT. :thumbsup: .

80 QUID, IT IS THEN.

NEIL

Social source share

Recently traded mine for a copy of Barbara McNair - He's a king on signature with a mate who kept badgering me for it.

Getting worried he got another bargain out of me, as he also had Dolly Gilmore on Dove off me before it started going for hundreds. I think Ady Pearce used to have them as a local funk guy used to buy bits off him & sell them at hugely inflated prices. Come to think of it mine came from Ady also, off Ebay, a few years back for about £35. I think its quite a similar feel to Carlton Basco - Don't chain my soul on federal (LA label) that you might like also

Mike

Social source share

Recently traded mine for a copy of Barbara McNair - He's a king on signature with a mate who kept badgering me for it.

Getting worried he got another bargain out of me, as he also had Dolly Gilmore on Dove off me before it started going for hundreds. I think Ady Pearce used to have them as a local funk guy used to buy bits off him & sell them at hugely inflated prices. Come to think of it mine came from Ady also, off Ebay, a few years back for about £35. I think its quite a similar feel to Carlton Basco - Don't chain my soul on federal (LA label) that you might like also

Mike

I agree, Carlton Basco is similar - funky but soulful.

In a similar vein, I'm still after a copy of Billy Storm 'apologize' on Le Mans if anyone wants to sell one

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest wrighty

This ended up a lot higher than we thought jason.... :thumbsup:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=015

Social source share

This ended up a lot higher than we thought jason.... :lol:

https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...A:IT&ih=015

Yeah, cos if you look at it there were about 6 fools...I mean, people, who were willing to go over $300. Actually there were only two - and the second highest (who wanted to pay about, erm, £30 and then £75...) obviously called out the highest bidders 'buffer' when he realised top bidder was touching himself for it...stinger! :P Now, where's that smug smilie :thumbsup: (that'll do) :thumbsup:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

Source Advert