Guest the average man

• Replies 32
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Matt Male

Bought my copy at Blackpool Mecca for £1 off Francis Teein 1974,never seen one since.Still got it-value now £100 plus

Cheers

Dave Atkinson

Every one i've seen is around twenty quid at most. Picked mine up for about 15 a few months ago, i definately wouldn't pay more than 20 for it average man.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

i wont be letting it go for 20 thats for sure

mark

recently, poor condition copies of this have been selling (fairly consistently) for around £50 to £75 - i haven't seen a clean copy of this for sale for a while, but given the current demand i would say that £100 is realistic for a m- copy

you have to remember that records like this aren't only popular on the northern/modern scene - there is demand from elsewhere also (similar example would be the brief encounter on capitol - which has suddenly shot up in value)

personally, i would value it at about £35 - but then that's why i haven't got one, innit yes.gif

:thumbsup:

Social source share

love this, have it on the lp and keep thinking of upgrading as it were but not for £100! I've seen copies for less than that but £20 is optimistic i think!

This is what happens with the credit card generation-don't mind paying £20-£30 extra here and there so us cash in an envelope types have to suffer.... :thumbsup: (retreats and puts on tin hat.......)

Edited by Reg
Social source share

Guest woolie mark

love this, have it on the lp and keep thinking of upgrading as it were but not for £100! I've seen copies for less than that but £20 is optimistic i think!

This is what happens with the credit card generation-don't mind paying £20-£30 extra here and there so us cash in an envelope types have to suffer.... whistling.gif (retreats and puts on tin hat.......)

stop whingeing and do some overtime reg! :thumbsup: (only joking mate, no offence intended)

anyway....i don't agree with what you say cos the hotbox creditcard boys (and girls) don't have the knowledge to compete with you old skool fellas - they may have the money available to buy the indemanders for mega bucks, but thats mostly all they know

this little beaver is a good example - when i was collecting in the early eighties i could have picked up numerous copies for next to nothing cos it wasn't popular anymore and nobody was after it.......it has become popular again because certain people have been playing it and it's largely been forgotten about and it fits the style of the current dancefloor......but there are hundreds and hundreds of equally good, semi-forgotten tunes are perfect for todays dancefloor which you can easily pick up for £15 or £20 if you put the effort in finding them, and they'll be selling for £100 each also once someone brings attention to them again

anyway, this isn't a rare record and so once the demand dies down again and loads more copies come out of the woodwork it will come down in price again

until then, the laws of supply and demand will rule

Social source share

stop whingeing and do some overtime reg! whistling.gif (only joking mate, no offence intended)

anyway....i don't agree with what you say cos the hotbox creditcard boys (and girls) don't have the knowledge to compete with you old skool fellas - they may have the money available to buy the indemanders for mega bucks, but thats mostly all they know

this little beaver is a good example - when i was collecting in the early eighties i could have picked up numerous copies for next to nothing cos it wasn't popular anymore and nobody was after it.......it has become popular again because certain people have been playing it and it's largely been forgotten about and it fits the style of the current dancefloor......but there are hundreds and hundreds of equally good, semi-forgotten tunes are perfect for todays dancefloor which you can easily pick up for £15 or £20 if you put the effort in finding them, and they'll be selling for £100 each also once someone brings attention to them again

anyway, this isn't a rare record and so once the demand dies down again and loads more copies come out of the woodwork it will come down in price again

until then, the laws of supply and demand will rule

Overtime....you're having a laugh. :thumbsup: ....I could have picked up loads of records for a fiver in the eighties but I spent all my money on scooters and tight clothes...oh how I regret the 45s I overlooked in those record bars at Warrington and Blackburn and the like.

I suppose a good example of the supply and demand rule is Ace Spectrum....this is not a rare record, on a major label but I saw em for up to £150 a few years ago. One dealer I know confessed to having about 20 of em. Think you can get one for less than £50 now...and it should be less really but it's 45 negative equity I suppose!

To be honest I am just a tight wad...it's one of the reasons I won't get on the housing market....I'm waiting for it to drop. Can I apply the same theory to getting a copy of the Ultimates for a tenner though sometime in the future? Mmmm probably not :thumbsup:

Social source share

stop whingeing and do some overtime reg!
whistling.gif
(only joking mate, no offence intended)

this little beaver is a good example - when i was collecting in the early eighties i could have picked up numerous copies for next to nothing cos it wasn't popular anymore and nobody was after it.......it has become popular again because certain people have been playing it and it's largely been forgotten about and it fits the style of the current dancefloor......
but there are hundreds and hundreds of equally good, semi-forgotten tunes are perfect for todays dancefloor which you can easily pick up for £15 or £20 if you put the effort in finding them, and they'll be selling for £100 each also once someone brings attention to them again

until then, the laws of
supply and demand
will rule

Brilliant post Mark and oh so true.

I sold my 45 after I bought the LP back in the 80s
I was "going through a phase" of selling 45s if I found the LP.............what a great idea that was
.........................Carol Anderson immediatly springs to mind as another example. Best stop now or I'll get nightmares

Cheers Paul

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

To be honest I am just a tight wad...it's one of the reasons I won't get on the housing market....I'm waiting for it to drop.

me too

we all know that it's gotta happen..........but how long will it take?

to borrow from an old jamaican saying: it's like waiting for a lawyer to go to hell

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

I was "going through a phase" of selling 45s if I found the LP.............what a great idea that was
.........................Carol Anderson immediatly springs to mind as another example. Best stop now or I'll get nightmares

Cheers Paul

ha ha! not as daft as my going over to cds phase!!!

i've decided to have no regrets for the records i bought for a fiver, sold for £40, but which i could now get a grand for - my attitude is that i did it before and i can do it again - and i haven't got a pension, so i want to have something to do to earn (untraceable) spending money when i anticipate i will get kicked out of my job at 60

btw, 70s albums are going up in value very nicely at the moment - subscribe to the soul brother LP lists and you'll see what i mean - as i said in my original post, a lot of our records are in demand outside of the northern scene

thumbsup.gif

Social source share

:wicked:
:D

Cheers Paul

Paul, why do you regret selling the 45's and having the LP's ?

Better to have the LP than the 45 IMO !!!

Take the Carol Anderson LP, not only has Sad Girl, but also a couple of other great dancers and deep tracks not to mention a great cover photo of Carol !!!!

SFSLP (Society For the Superiority of LP's) :)

Social source share

Paul, why do you regret selling the 45's and having the LP's ?

Better to have the LP than the 45 IMO !!!

Take the Carol Anderson LP, not only has Sad Girl, but also a couple of other great dancers and deep tracks not to mention a great cover photo of Carol !!!!

SFSLP (Society For the Superiority of LP's)
:)

Don't regret buying the LPs just regret selling the 45s sunnysoul. Better to have the LP and the 45 IMO !!!

Little Beavers 4:22 on the LP think "Concrete Jungle" was a rare groove spin off this LP ?

Cheers Paul

Social source share

ha ha! not as daft as my going over to cds phase!!!

btw, 70s albums are going up in value very nicely at the moment - subscribe to the
soul brother
LP lists and you'll see what i mean - as i said in my original post, a lot of our records are in demand outside of the northern scene

:)

Know what you mean Mark 'bout the price of LPs

In my experience a good deal of them can be picked up for a lot less stateside
:D

As for going from vinyl to CDs................................now thats just daft
:wicked:

Cheers Paul

PS I find the Cat label most attractive to look at as well as there being some great music on there of course

Social source share

Guest GoodTaste

personally i think the LP version is a little bit redundant. the 45 version is the one to have :lol:

i got mine here some months ago for 15£, thank you guys!

Social source share

the first time that i've heard this was on a mp3 taken by the lp..and 45 goes for 5$...then i've try to buy the 45(only because it's more comfortable to bring) but it start to go for over the 100$...so i bought the lp for 9$

for me there aren't great differences between the lp or the 45 version

i think it's ever better to listen this in a party...GREAT TUNE!!! :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest Ste Brazil

I bought a mint copy earlier this year from a non-soul record dealer on eBay, it had just come up for sale and i asked if he had a 'buy it now' price, he came back and asked if £5.00 was ok - well you'd have to wouldn't you?! :thumbup:

That wont happen again... :thumbup:

Ste.

P.S Recent copies i've seen have been going for £75 / £100.

Social source share

Shay used to play this around the South Coast & Southampton when it was a new release. More recently, well relatively anyway, maybe 10 yrs ago Roger Saint gave it some welly down here, never really took off, so pleased that its eventually getting its 15 mins of fame.........oh & BTW I paid about a fiver for my copy albeit some years ago, I just have to find it now........think its around my bro's with some other soulful tackle I'm hopefully about to rediscover.

Good luck

Russ

Social source share

Source Advert