Tamla Motown On Mastermind

Jules

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I got 12 of those without cheating - the one I didn't get was which was the first UK single credited to Smokey Robinson & The Miracles. Though last year I got 15 on "punk and new wave 1977-82" but then only managed 3 on the general knowledge round laugh.gif
I got 12 of those without cheating "

Pete,

That's brilliant!! 8 more points, than Motown records you own.. :huh::lol::):(

Social source share

I got 12 of those without cheating - the one I didn't get was which was the first UK single credited to Smokey Robinson & The Miracles. Though last year I got 15 on "punk and new wave 1977-82" but then only managed 3 on the general knowledge round laugh.gif

Bit of an anoraky question that, I'd have complained, kicked the black chair over in disgust and stopmed back to my seat - I mean of all the questions to ask on Motown they come up with some dodgy one like that - a pure guess was it "Ooh baby baby"?

Social source share

Bit of an anoraky question that, I'd have complained, kicked the black chair over in disgust and stopmed back to my seat - I mean of all the questions to ask on Motown they come up with some dodgy one like that - a pure guess was it "Ooh baby baby"?

Going To Go Go was Miracles only, so you gotta go later than that.. 3 glasses of wine.. and I'm thinking..

"Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage" was smokey + Miracles wasn't it?? , so was there one before that?

So don't cheat. no books, let's just throw a few titles around. Between Go-Go and Mirage!

Just thought, I never saw it, and the question master must have given the answer ..didn't he?

Edited by john manship
Social source share

Going To Go Go was Miracles only, so you gotta go later than that.. 3 glasses of wine.. and I'm thinking..

"Love I Saw In You Was Just A Mirage" was smokey + Miracles , so was there one before that?

Can't you tell I'm not using any books..

So don't cheat. no books, let's just throw a few titles around. Between Go-Go and Mirage!

You're correct with Mirage I think

Social source share

No Steve, it's "The love I saw..." credited to Smokey and Miracles in USA too. I have it in front of me.

"I second that..." was released after "The love I saw.." and then "More love" in both countries.

He was awful wasn't he. I'd have done better answering questions on modern soul but of course I would have "passed" on all of them just as a matter of principle.

ROD

Social source share

No Steve, it's "The love I saw..." credited to Smokey and Miracles in USA too. I have it in front of me.

"I second that..." was released after "The love I saw.." and then "More love" in both countries.

He was awful wasn't he. I'd have done better answering questions on modern soul but of course I would have "passed" on all of them just as a matter of principle.

ROD

I didn't actually see it, and was guessing the answer to the thread from my armchair (no books) - like Mr Manship with glass of wine in hand :sleep3: But thanks for clearing it up.....Steve

Social source share

ROD

Looking for a mint copy of 'Ive Started So I'll Finish' by Magnus and the Masterminds (Black Chair) Will pay up to £400 for your's Rod. Pure modern heaven.

Social source share

Looking for a mint copy of 'Ive Started So I'll Finish' by Magnus and the Masterminds (Black Chair) Will pay up to £400 for your's Rod. Pure modern heaven.

I think Rods gone fishing today Stuart :rolleyes: so maybe he'll find Jack Hargreaves and the Cods " Hook line and singer" on Big Fish

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Hargreaves

Edited by Simon M
Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I got a puny 6 but i did know Ain't No Mtn was Ashford Simpson not HDH! How the hell did he get on the show?

Oh dear - I felt really sorry for him. His nerves were obvious and I thought the researcher should've been shot. I'm sure Frances Nero was referred to as a 'him'.... :thumbsup: Got Michael Jackson's first solo record wrong - I said 'Ben' and the Smokey Robinson one wrong but I got the rest.... :no: Feeling quite swotty - LOL Jo

Edited by vinylvixen
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Sitting in front of TV cameras and an audience - no wonder he had issues. He would have had blanks all through the shoot, no question. Interesting about Frances Nero being the winner of the competition and after Harrys prog lasy night on WFM found out that Ronnie McvNeir came second!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert