Sunnysoul

• Replies 14
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Do you have it? Had always thought it a spoof Sebastian? Am happy to be proven wrong...... :D:thumbup:

Some thing does look 'wrong' with it why go to all that trouble of a great looking silver spoon, then just have plain type face for the words if you get me, plus its all off center, not got the LP any more sold it to compare the two (whats that sell for now?)

Social source share

Do you have it? Had always thought it a spoof Sebastian? Am happy to be proven wrong...... :Punsure.gif

No, I don't have it and I have heard these rumours about it being a spoof and sure, it might be, but I don't think there's any proof in the picture which I posted above that confirms it being a fake. PErhaps it's me who's cynical, but I just thought that this "rumour" was spread by people who wanted to be able to still play it from their LPs and feel "good" about it (you know how it is to play a tune from an LP when a far rarer 7" exists of the same track :thumbup: ). The scan above was posted on either this forum or the RSF forum and the 7" is supposed to belong to Ian Clark. It was photocopied onto a paper and then scanned (that's why there's a line running through the scan, where the paper had been folded).

The other Solid Solution 7" on Silver Spoon (#7117, "L.O.V.E."), which DEFINITELY exists, has also got plain text for the label name.

"Think About It Girl" is supposed to be #7119 if you look closely in the scan above.

That's all I know and I really, really wish that it does exist on a 7" because I want to own one. :D

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

No, I don't have it and I have heard these rumours about it being a spoof and sure, it might be, but I don't think there's any proof in the picture which I posted above that confirms it being a fake. PErhaps it's me who's cynical, but I just thought that this "rumour" was spread by people who wanted to be able to still play it from their LPs and feel "good" about it (you know how it is to play a tune from an LP when a far rarer 7" exists of the same track :thumbup: ). The scan above was posted on either this forum or the RSF forum and the 7" is supposed to belong to Ian Clark. It was photocopied onto a paper and then scanned (that's why there's a line running through the scan, where the paper had been folded).

The other Solid Solution 7" on Silver Spoon (#7117, "L.O.V.E."), which DEFINITELY exists, has also got plain text for the label name.

"Think About It Girl" is supposed to be #7119 if you look closely in the scan above.

That's all I know and I really, really wish that it does exist on a 7" because I want to own one. :D

I'll ask Ian about it - I owe him a call and a chat anyway....but thanks for the background Sebastian. No problem playing album tracks is there? unsure.gif I play Tyrone Thomas LP version of "Baby can't you see" cos I think it's better than Little Tommy. :P

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

I think you'll find Mr Anderson is responsible for the 45's (Re-issue) that if it is, when I bought a few I was led to believe it was LP track only, but then it's happened in the past someone has come along with a scare/rare 45. So we wait for confirmation on the Silver Spoon 45. If any wants a copy of the new 45 then I have copies at a tenner it's a track track at a price everyone should have.

Social source share

Guest biggray1

I'll ask Ian about it - I owe him a call and a chat anyway....but thanks for the background Sebastian. No problem playing album tracks is there? :) I play Tyrone Thomas LP version of "Baby can't you see" cos I think it's better than Little Tommy. :)

I may be wrong but i was led to believe that Little Tommy and Tyrone Thomas are one of the same...anyone!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert