Sam Dees I'm So Very Glad

slimharpo

• Replies 3
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I've meant to ask this for a while and maybe the answer is already on Soul Source but The Sam Dees on Clintone sounds very different fom the kosher Sam Dees on Atlantic. Is it someone else? I have heard it may be Jnr Lewis.

Many years ago I was told it was Bill Brandon.

But I don't know for certain.

Must dig 'em both out and have a proper listen.

Social source share

Definitely not Sam Dees, whoever he is. Doesn't sound very much like CL Blast or Bill Brandon either, both of whom have very distinctive voices. The alternate vocal is much lighter in tone than either of those two: perhaps it's Frederick Knight or maybe even a white vocalist, bearing in mind that there is a version of Whatever I Am by a white female country/pop singer (whose name escapes me at the moment) produced by Sam Dees himself.

Social source share

Definitely not Sam Dees, whoever he is. Doesn't sound very much like CL Blast or Bill Brandon either, both of whom have very distinctive voices. The alternate vocal is much lighter in tone than either of those two: perhaps it's Frederick Knight or maybe even a white vocalist, bearing in mind that there is a version of Whatever I Am by a white female country/pop singer (whose name escapes me at the moment) produced by Sam Dees himself.

Re: the white female, it was Sylvia Pittman, Gareth.

The flipside is a version of "Mine Was Real" and its every bit as bad as the "Whatever I Am" version.

I daren't tell you how the record 'allegedly' came about.

Think its a fair punt though that the "I'm So Glad" is Fred Knight.

Sean

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert